1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Only buying British

Discussion in 'General' started by Snips, 15 Jan 2013.

1. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

I think there's plenty of young people who watch TV but only through the internet and often illegally and so avoiding the license fee and adverts.
    Not really something that they shout about.

2. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Its the smarmy, well I don't watch TV so I have sooo much more time to read and bake and tell you about how I don't own a television. And the fact it comes up in virtually every conversation!

I don't watch a lot of TV but if TV talk comes up in the office I don't harp on about how I was doing X Y or Z which is so much more intellectually refreshing* than slumped in front of the tube.

*Unless the chat is around some reality TV show....

3. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

Yes and don't forget "my kids grow up so much more stimulated!"

I don't think I could live without TV because of Family Guy. This scene last night earned me a dig in the ribs by Mrs Snips for waking her up while I was choking with laughter.

http://youtu.be/McTzNVT2LTk

Last edited: 21 Jan 2013
  4. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

I know one. And no, he's just being tight.

5. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I haven't owned a TV as such since 2000. I may have one, there's not even an antenna here and all it plays is video games and DVDs. I don't watch TV over the internet either. Everything someone's tried to get me interested in has been utter shite, so I just gave up on it completely.

6. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

I don't watch TV because it's mostly crap. What I do watch, I can view on iPlayer or 4OD.

7. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

QFT.

Time's also a factor, by the time everything's done in the evening to prepare for the next day the missus is usually watching soaps followed by "I'M A BIG ATTENTION WHORE ON ICE, DANCE ME OUT OF HERE, BROTHER."

So I usually play a game, listen to music or post on here instead of watching TV. It's not all bad, things just don't grab me very easily. I'm the same with films.

8. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

I can agree with much of that sentiment. You have been trying out some of the recent dramas? The past 5 years has been a golden age and there is some great TV around.