1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress *** PHINIX NANO TOWER *** --- MOTY 2011 nomination !!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by phinix, 9 Nov 2009.

1. Jaguar_Infinity

Jaguar_Infinity Just some guy

I've got to say, i'm loving the photography skills on that DFI board, those pics are really well done, make a good board look amazing :D

2. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Thanks, they are not that great, I'm not a photographer:)
    Thing is I MUST create some kind of white background for better photos in the future..
    I want to make really nice photos of nanoTower soon and all its parts.. Need to figer out some white sheet or sth...:)

3. Dark~3nergy

Dark~3nergy what was dat sandvich ?

woah ! that mobo is sweet !
    makes me want to build a m-itx case :eek:

and nice progress on the case so far ^^

4. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

If you have a white projector screen, then you could use one of those. Or do what I've done in the past and use a huge piece of glossy white card and hang it so that it curves onto the floor, like in a studio setup. Then with some playing around with the lighting, you should come up with some pretty shots. What camera are you using?

Oh, and nice work so far :rock:

5. SkiDave

SkiDave Minimodder

:jawdrop:
    wow everything is sooo tiny!
    I want that mobo! :D

6. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

use table cloth, paper stuff is fine, i used to get rolls of the stuff for about £1 each. works a treat.

7. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

I want that board! :D

diggin the updates, look forward to seeing more.

8. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

I know! Cool, isn't it?
    I love it, cant wait to try it out. I'm gonna make another update this weekend, next week I'm getting GTX295 and watercooling stuff, so hopefully before Christmas I'm gonna have working Tower.. Well, not done, but naked version so I could play Saboteur and other cool games:)

9. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

I'm using Sony A300 with prime 50mm 1.8
    I need to get huge white sheets and make some better looking photos next time.

Small heads-up for what is going to happen before Christmas:
    I ordered new top and bottom panels - those I got from first ebay company were horrible - I didn;t like them - they cut them with -/+ 2mm tolerance, so what I got were panels 2mm shorter.. I couldn't hide it in the structure - 2mm is huge difference when you trying to build main frame. So I found other ebay company - ForwadMetals - these guys cut my outside panels with amazing precise! Now I'm getting top abd bottom panels from them. Will show all of them this weekend.
    Also I bought H50 cooler and some extension cables, which I'm gonna sleeve.
    I'm tracking another parcel for me, right now its in Germany - it is coming from Slovenia - EK headquarters:) I think next stop should be Netherland and then England and Scotland... I should get it till weekend.
    Yep, EK is my next sponsor, which gave me nice discount for my GPU loop watercooling equipment. What I bought from them is their pump 4.0 with that combo reservoir, longer tube for it - 14cm one and latest newest great raditor - triple EK CoolStream XT series! That is the latest one with wide fin spaces optimased for slow speed fans. It thinner than PA rads, has 47mm, so it won't stick out that much on the rear of the Tower. All this going to cool my graphic card.
    About graphic card - right now I have GTX295, which is the latest Nvidia card, but I'm sure you all read some latest rumors about new Nvidia Fermi card - if all those test results become true, I'm getting that badass card for my Tower next year:)
    So, this weekend I should be able to show you guys next update with fixed new top and bottom panels, nicely cut external panels, all watercooling stuff and few bits I made lately to support horizontal middle panel...

10. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Eh, get a different photo host? Photobucket says bandwidth exceeded on all your pics today...

11. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Which one would you suggest?

12. Nutman

13. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

No probs, I speak german as well, I 'll check it out at home, don't have access to thatpage from work...

14. Balder

Balder Calmer than a monk on morphine

awww bugger, I wanted to check the picture but all I see is bandwith exeeded messages :(

15. Nutman

I *think* he's working on it, hehe...

16. FrooP

FrooP can I eat this?

if you want i can make an account for you (ftp) on my server for hosting your pics

17. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Thanks, but I will have my space soon - I'm switching ISP this weekend, getting Virgin on Monday so will have server space for jpgs...

18. TonyL

TonyL modding on welfare

any updates :blush:

interested to hear temps of the board + cpu

19. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

I will add update this week, just before Christmas - delay is because I'm preparing for Holidays - shopping and cooking all the goodies for Christmas:D

I wouldn't take my temps for comparison. Thing is I will mount mobo and rest of the stuff on my opened test bench and cool cpu with H50 and gpu with triple EK thick radiator in a very cold room (~10C). I believe temps will be pretty low, different than in ragular case. However - I will share them as soon as it all gonna be mounted:)

20. Breach

Breach Modding in Exile

Looking great Phinix, I really enjoyed Phinix Cube, cant wait to see where you are taking this one :)