1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food & Drink Pizza Hut buffet! Ruined

Discussion in 'General' started by fata1_666, 16 Aug 2011.

1. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

And that, sir, is my new motto.

2. specofdust

specofdust Banned

So true, I am a mere cook who's into cooking, but making your own pizza allows so much betterness. I envy you for the pizza stone, but a large upside down cast iron pan or even just the thickest tray you have'll do. Also, you can make a proper chicago pan pizza (something generally unavailable in the UK) by using a large cake tin.

Perfecting your dough manufacturing technique is one of those really personal things which no doubt takes an entire lifetime.

edit: Also, pineapple sucks. Why not just pour maple syrup and cane sugar on your damn pizza? All you need is good mozarella, olives, basil in the sauce, and decent pig or cow. Other things are gravy, but that's all you need.

3. Bede

Bede Minimodder

I cried inside my brain.

4. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

There are much better pizza places than pizza hut IMO.

[Italian chef]I for one love to make a homemade-a-pizza-pie! It'll knock-a your socks off-a![/Italian chef]

And honestly, they have gotten worse over the years. Last deep dish I had was like a sponge oozing with grease... thats just nasty...

5. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

I'd normally be inclined to agree as I can't stand a lot of Chinese food for this very reason: sweet ingredients mixed with a supposedly savory dish just doesn't taste nice imo, but I make pineapple on pizza the exception as for some reason it just tastes lovely :confused:

I've been really intrigued by the idea of building a pizza oven in the garden recently as I've actually eaten a lot more pizza since becoming vegetarian than I used to, probably because it's dead quick to buy a mozerella from Tesco and chuck some mushrooms, tomatos and peppers and basil on and make it taste half decent when I haven't the time or energy to cook properly.

6. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Down here in Oz, pizza hut ruined their pizza's about 20 years ago :grr:
    They used to make a decent pizza, about as good as an average Italian resturant, but not as good as the best ones that make everything fresh.

I much prefer lasanga or even better, canneloni!
    It's very rare to find any resturant that will remotely compare to home made for these two things unfortunately :sigh: I can't stand lasanga which is just layers of pasta and sauce, with fcuk all meat, some dodgy cheese, and not a scrap of diced onion or mushroom :grr:
    You call that lasanga? That's false advertising, and I'd like to sue every ****** I see selling that crap... the same goes for all the rubbish I see being sold as tiramisu :miffed:

7. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Pizza hut is ok but Domino is better IMO

8. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Domino's is sludge in a box. I've bought pizza from them twice, and both times I've thought "huh, pizza hut is better" - that's like thinking "huh, Macdonalds make a better burger than this". It's crap, utter crap. If you think that Domino's make good pizza, you don't know what pizza is.

9. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I guess it really depends on who owns the franchise/store. The Dominos in my hometown was ****, they closed and I was happy. Now the Dominos in my college town, 10x better than the grease in a box Pizza Hut 10000000000 times better than the Dominos in my hometown.

By good pizza I mean for take-out not make it yourself, I could make a much better pizza but I rarely have the time

10. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

The only pizza I enjoy, in terms of fast food, is from Dominos. I do like the Digiorno stuff though

11. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

there must be some nice dominos pizza about, or maybe some of you had a serious case of the munchies, because both the pizza hut and dominos franchises around here, are the cheapest and nastiest excuse for food you can find :confused:

maccas is fresh and tasty compared to these places :hehe: I'll have some cheap fast food about once a week, alternating between maccas, kfc, or a large sweet and sour pork, etc, but I won't go to pizza hut or dominos.. I guess if I had never eaten nice pizza, then maybe I'd think cheap pizza tasted good?

12. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Pizza stones aren't expensive and they make a huge difference to your finished pizza. Nova in town sells them at a decent price IIRC. The amazing thing with a home made pizza is you probably use less mozarella on two large pizzas then you would get on one slice of takeaway pizza.

My favourite home made topping is tomato base with some mozarella torn and scattered over the top. Once out the oven scatter with torn pieces of proscuito, a few rocket leaves, a small grating of parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil.

13. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Before we had the pizza stone, we used cheap terracotta quarry tiles in a 3x3 grid. Works just as well.

And amen to the dough making. It's a michi kind of thing.

14. LJF

LJF Modded

ICCo's on Goodge St. in London make the best pizza i've had outside of Italy. Keep it simple with just olives and anchovies. Nothing finer.

To those who like pineapple on their pizza, might I suggest you just go the whole way and replace the tomato sauce with strawberry jam?

If I were Italian (which I'm not)... and owned a pizzeria (which I don't)... and you asked me for a ham and pineapple pizza (which you wouldn't)... I would probably end up being arrested for my wholly justified reaction.

15. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

THIS x 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000x10^1,000,000,000,000,000,000

16. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

[​IMG]
    During my student days, I ate pizza in Rome. Not the touristy stuff, but that made at Pizzeria Economica where all the students ate. When I visit London for LITS, let's see if this measures up.

And again...

[​IMG]

OK, just kidding... :p

17. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

There are no rules when it comes to cooking, you can have your opinions about things but you cannot say that a certain pizza topping is wrong.

18. Everydayoddity

Everydayoddity What's a Dremel?

Mmmm... Pizza tour at LITS...

Anyway, as for Takeaways, I've found Papa Johns to be less greasy than both PH and Dominos, don't know if thats just Brum or what, but they do some seriously nice pizzas round here :D

19. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Good lord.

I have never, never seen such a travesty in all my life.

The very suggestion that Pizza Hut want to change the way their open buffet system works is disgusting, and I - As a customer of theirs - will be writing to every address they provide, and every managerial staff member they provide a name for.

Such dishonourable mistreatment of their customers should not, no, cannot be allowed to take place. It is disgusting that they, a wholly owned subsidiary, would even consider making this change to their buffet system - A staple of healthy family meals since 1958.

Not only will I join your Facebook crusade to prevent this atrocity, I will start several protest groups, and utilise hunger strikes and boycotting to prevent them from making this unforgivable change to their own buffet system.

This will not stand in a world where we can go to war for next to no reason, a world where war crimes are committed on a near enough daily basis, and where criminals of the most disgusting order are not brought to justice. We cannot let the buffet system of Pizza Hut change.

We will not let it change.

Side note: Domino's is better, but not the best, than Pizza Hut. Although, I've only eaten at perhaps three or four Pizza Huts in my entire life.

20. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

If you do, please, take lots of pics and video. Take the time to give us a work log, so we can heckle learn from your experience.