1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food & Drink Pizza Hut buffet! Ruined

Discussion in 'General' started by fata1_666, 16 Aug 2011.

1. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Yeah, it really depends on how comofortable my landlady is with my making a building site out of the back garden but I'm desperate to give it a try. A project log would no doubt be a must :thumb:

2. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Even if she says yes, I'm guessing you'd want to take it with you somewhere else eventually... which would be a very delicate and damn heavy procedure/expensive pita :worried: unless maybe you get her to agree to leave it there.... maybe even strike a deal with her, to give you a discount on the rent, since you are adding value to the place?
    (assuming it's a nice job)

3. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

No they're not, they're both rubbish. Their pizzas bear as much resemblance to a real italian pizza as string cheese does to a good cheddar.

4. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Well, I was never a professional chef, but I enjoy making my own pizza. The problem is I rarely get the chance because the dough takes too long to prepare. The time it takes the dough to rise, plus the time it takes to cook means my daughter would be in bed before the pizza is done. Thus, it's usually a weekend meal.

It's good, though, in my not-so-humble opinion. I use my mother's spaghetti sauce recipe (slightly modified) for the sauce, so it's a tad bit meatier than the standard fare. Of course it's baked in the oven on a stone.

If we have a bunch of friends over, for convenience sake we typically go with Papa John's.

5. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

By a proper pizza pan from http://www.alphin.co.uk/ even with shipping it's still about £10 depending on the size, just mesure your oven first as I made the mistake that my oven isn't as deep as it is wide and had to order a smaller pan... makes excellent pizza though..

back on topic, I refuse to eat anything from an all you can eat buffet as I have no sence of self control and always end up eating untill I feel sick and then realise it wasn't even that nice in the first place.

6. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Nah, only chicken, spicey chicken, tika chicken, beef and spicey beef.

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I never qualified what they were better than, other than Domino's is better than Pizza Hut ;)

8. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

One of the River Cottage bites episodes features a home made pizza oven and you can make a temporary one fairly easily.

9. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I like string cheese but I'm not so fond of cheddar. Having said that, you can't beat a good camembert and the combination of emmenthal and gouda goes really nicely with white wine (a.k.a. fondue).

10. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

For a moment there I thought there was no hope for you (you like string cheese :jawdrop: I will admit though it makes a useful temporary cable tie :hehe:) but you redeemed yourself nicely ;)

11. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

My favourite would be some Selles-sur-Cher so ripe its almost offensive. :hip:

12. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

Set out the ingredients the night before, wake up, bloom the yeast while you make coffee, mix, cover and set aside in a cool place for the day. Come home, punch down, cover and let sit while you arrange the sauce and other ingredients. Rip the dough into balls and GO, GO, GO, GO. Any remaining dough, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for round 2 the next day.

Trust me, no Chef has time to make the dough in the time it would take you if you started when you got home, it's all done way in advance in between other tasks.

outlawaol likes this.
  13. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

This. +1

Culinary acts such as this is being lost I think. People just want to microwave their sh*t food and eat it with no satisfaction of a 'well prepared' meal. Its something that is not only satisfying to eat, but an enjoyment in the creation of it.

Im seriously going to get involved in becoming a chef, its so damn worth it.

14. Anneon

Anneon What's a Dremel?

Pizza hut is inferior anyways.

Can't beat the two for Tuesday. Means I get pizza Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. Might not make Saturday if I eat on Friday :-o

15. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Bottom line:
    Pizza will only become truly good again when when retailers, makers and restaurants use durum flour again.

16. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Seen it a couple of times and thought I would mention it again.

Make your own Pizza, I know you might say "I don't have enough time blah blah blah" But I have to say, making your own pizza is so fun. Yes, really.

We do it sometimes on a saturday, overload a slice of bread (Whatever it is) With so much crap :D

17. Hardware150

Hardware150 Minimodder

Havent read past the first page but just needed to post this when i saw a thread about pizza huts all you can eat.

The first and only time i went to pizza hut and got myself an all you can eat, it turned out that all i could eat was about 3 slices. Apart from the fact that the pizza tasted horrible (Ive had cheap frozen pizza that tasted better), it also gave me an upset stomach.

Its my opinion that if they're asking you to leave because you've eaten too much then they're doing you a favor and most probably saving you from an overdose of awful.

18. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

Well.....yes and no. I have a degree in culinary arts. I have worked under 2 James Beard award winning chefs. I have opened 3 restaurants, including one in a hotel. I did this all over 11 years, and I started in the dish pit. While I value the skills I learned, and I look back at it fondly; my wife reminds me how bad it was regularly.

It is not an easy job. I would actually consider it brutal. Now, learning to cook? yeah, you'll enjoy it. Living life as a full time cook working up to being a chef? mmmm.....it takes a certain breed.

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm not discouraging you from pursuing a dream, I just think it's best going into things with eyes wide open.

19. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

I remember when the buffet cost 3.99 a few years ago. Why would anyone pay over £5 for shite pizza is beyond me!

20. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

We in Dorset are blessed with having the option of going to Georgie Porgies, which is a Pizza-Hut standard all-you-can-eat but with the added luxury of Chinese, Indian and Mexican mixed in with the Italian stuff. Can't say I'm planning on making a habit out of going...
    http://www.georgieporgiesbuffet.com/index.html