1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: AnG3L -MOTM April 2009 Winner- (FINISHED!!! June 19)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by AnG3L, 19 Mar 2009.

1. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

So people I am back for a tiny update before I am done... I dont think necessary to take photos of the installation of the hard drives and the rest ;) The only small mod that I am going to do is a cover for the res that you are going to see when the mod is finished, and also a "stand" for the laser leds. I am going to take some pictures but I will present them at the very end of the mod.

So here is what is left of the case's usb slot(mic, firewire)! I took that apart from the case when I was installing the power buttons and I used it for my creation.

[​IMG]

Black acrylic bended and ... dremelled!

[​IMG]

And here it is installed!!

[​IMG]

Ready for some cable management

[​IMG]

Sleeving, and painting some fans black!

[​IMG]

And the back Feser Exchanger Rad installed with Bitspower Rad support :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I' ll probably finish the mod and then I' ll make a massive update. A word of advice to all of the people! DONT use 10cm reservoirs! NEVER!!! :):):)

2. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Looking at that thing, I am very happy with my QP220 :p

Can't wait to see it all finished up! :clap:

3. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Is that one of the res brackets that the forum members are always complaining about breaking off the wing things? I can't remember the name - just the shape and the advice to not buy it.

john

4. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Yeah your right John, those supports always crack and snap, you can get replacement ones made from a tougher black plastic (not Delrin), they work much better. Almost every tube res uses those mounting clips, from EK to AlphaCool.

5. DonT-FeaR

DonT-FeaR I know what a fk'n Dremel is ok.:D

thats a sweet as paint job

6. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

I have them (the better c clamps) but I used that because I am not gonna make a lot of adjustments with the risk of breaking. I am almost done with the mod but I dont have a pc to work I am posting from a friends house so I am going to update later on. Does anyone else experienced foam from Green Feser Liquid? Now its the second time I am doing a loop using that coolant and it happens to me again! A lot of foam!

Last edited: 29 Apr 2009
  7. The boy 4rm oz

The foam should settle down after a 24hour leak test, it's just the pump chopping up coolant and air and the result is foam. After the loop has time to settle down the foam will disappear.

8. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

I hope that man, my orange coolant never created foam in the loop... I dunno why! I did so many different loops in my life with so many components and I face the same problem with the specific coolant every time!

9. The boy 4rm oz

It might just be green coolant. My green AlphaCool TecProtect coolant foamed up a little bit when I first filled my loop, I left it running over night and the foam was gone, I just had a few air bubbles to work out of the system.

10. Bad_cancer

Bad_cancer Mauritius? 2nd speck east of africa

Awesome!!!!

Congrats on the MOTM. I really hope that you win!
    :rock::D

Good luck!!!

11. stonedsurd

Congrats on the MOTM! :D

12. ringo

ringo What's a Dremel?

Congrats on the MOTM! Some of your details are very nice, e.g. the bezel or the grill, which you made first.

13. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

OMG am I nominated??? Thank you so much!!!! Can I show my finished job now? In 4 days I am done is that ok???

14. stonedsurd

Yep, it's all good :D

15. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

So guys! First I want to thank you all for your support and if you like... give me a vote pls! :) Thanks to all of you people from the bottom of my heart! :)
    So a tiny update. Forget the fans I was going to use for the rads! Today I got payed and I decided to go with 4 Nanoxia 120mm 2000!!! Great fans. So I removed the old ones and I installed the new babies!

[​IMG]

Here I also added an extra shroud. So its bitspower rad support - shroud - nanoxia - rad! Better temps for sure! As you can see I finished the loops(leak testing etc) installed the hardware which I will show later on, cause I want to completely finish the mod :) Forgive me!

[​IMG]

And a little piece of acrylic (the same I used for the res stand which I removed them - didnt like it ) for the leds!

[​IMG]

So guys the next update will be the last I believe! Now I need an office for that beast! :)

16. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

4 days? Don't rush it! :D

Awesome mod, well deserved nomination [although I voted for someone else *duck&run*] and it looks like you're winning. :thumb:

17. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

:) Thanks man. No problem! I respect you for telling the truth! :)

18. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

So , I will tell you my philosophy around the mod for one last time!!! A man to survive in this world creates a shield of defense , showing the dark side of himself and his superiority over the others. An angel does the same BUT just like a disguise so he wont be recognized into the crowd.
    Thats the outside part of the mod! But as each one of us has a strong side, we also have our sensitive. This is the interior. We also have joys and good times. Colors! Moments of happiness!
    The rest? Just use your imagination.... and feel free to post it!

19. DonT-FeaR

DonT-FeaR I know what a fk'n Dremel is ok.:D

wow they are cool lookin fans

20. The boy 4rm oz

I love those Nanoxia fans.