1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: AnG3L -MOTM April 2009 Winner- (FINISHED!!! June 19)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by AnG3L, 19 Mar 2009.

1. aevitas

aevitas What's a Dremel?

Wow that's amazing art :hip: man, you sure have some special kind of talent :D

What I was wondering, are the black highlights on the flames done by hand with a brush and just normal paint or is it something else? I can see it is standing out from the flames a bit so I'm curious how you did that?

Keep it up!

2. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Nice question buddy! Its a vitraux black liner. When it dries it becomes plastic! I think I just brought an innovation to case modding! LOL :)

Here it is:

[​IMG]

3. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

The CNC'ed flames are yum.

This project is definitely awesome :D

4. Bad_cancer

Bad_cancer Mauritius? 2nd speck east of africa

Yummy flames :D

I hope you are not nearly finished! :eeek:

5. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

I have a lot of things to do yet! And I have to sell my hardware first to get some money.... if anyone is interested on spending 1400 dollars on hardware pls pm me! :)

6. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

I am back boys with the creation of the reservoir stand. You probably remember when I went to the acrylic workshop and I cut the 2 similar designs for the stand.

[​IMG]

I wanted to put together these 2 pieces so I had to create something out of acrylic. Here I calculated the distance between them, and I made the design in a piece of paper to use it to cut the acrylic.

[​IMG]

I drilled some holes for the screws to pass through. I used screws and epoxy glue for utimate durability. (I painted the pieces before just to test something!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I left that 24 hours to dry. Then I thought that a mesh would nice on it! I didnt applied the mesh the same time, I just made the right design to fit on the stand!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next here comes the primer!

[​IMG]

:rock:

7. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

I used the same painting technique as the side panels. I also added some orange fluorescent acrylic which I made out of a 22mm hole saw. This will add some glowing effects later on!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy!!!!

8. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

That res stand looks fantastic, very nice work.

9. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks man! :)

10. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Something off topic now! Is there any sale place on the forum that I missed? Because I cant find any!

11. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I think you need 75 posts to see it.

12. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks man!!!

13. Oreon_237

Oreon_237 CHEA BRO!

just one more post man.

the stand is WIN

14. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Not for this mod but if you ever want to use a color that will show light through...

In the US we have Hobby Lobby and Michaels craft stores and the have translucent colors like this for kids and adults to make fake stained glass decorations for windows called "Dream Catchers" or "Sun Catchers". You might check out similar products where you live.

Applied to clear acrylic it makes patterns and allows the colors to show through.

Very nice work all around. :thumb:

john

15. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Oh thanks man for the info! I know these paints and I have them! I used to work with glass before, but I never thought to use them with acrylic nice idea bro, I' ll keep that in mind!!!

16. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

Modding a PSU is quite easy, are you still in need of some instructions.

17. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

I want the specific PSU cause I need to change the leds and the fan pls! :) Thanks (Tagan 900 Watt modular)

18. riekmaharg2

All the psu's are mostly the same to take apart, just undo the screws on the top to allow you to remove the metal covering. Once inside, the fan will be connected onto a board in the PSU (its like a CPU fan connector just smaller). Pull the fan connector off the board, then chop the fan off the connector leaving enough wire on the connector end so you can solder the fan onto the connector wires, make sure you get the wires correct (positive to positive, and negitive to negitive).

Or if you want to go for the more neat approach you can get the little metal bits out the plastic connector by using a pin. There will be a little hole in the plastic part of the connector were you need to press the pin into to get the metal bit out the plastic. You can then solder the new fan directly onto the metal bit and then slot it back into the connector.

As for the led's you first need to determin what voltage the PSU supplys to them so I can work out what value of resistor you need. Do you have a Volt meter.

19. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks buddy for all the info, but I knew that about the fan! About the leds I dont have a volt meter but if i find one i will pm you to help me further!!! At the moment I need someone who modded the specific model pls! Thanks again buddy!!! :)

Last edited: 24 Apr 2009
  20. riekmaharg2

Ebay sells volt meters for about £15. Why do you need someone who has modded that specific model?