1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod of the Month Project: APASF ("A Post-Apocalyptic Steampunk Future") CustomPC Update!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Luciel, 31 May 2012.

1. AlderonnX

AlderonnX Minimodder

I like this... Alot.

2. Luciel

Luciel Needs more rust

cheers : )

3. samfgr

samfgr techno : my life

as expected, your project looks just great :O but I'm shurly waiting for a video tutorial about how to do the aging process :)

4. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Wow that looks wicked man, I love how you think out of the box!! ;) Mod on my friend!

5. Luciel

Luciel Needs more rust

thanks a bunch guys. SInce the deadline is over I´ve been taking my time, I´ve been working on it but saving little details for one decent size update, soon enough : )

PS: The video will be done once this is finished, it will be during the end of the july : )

6. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

What a wonderful project.

Congrats on the MOTM nomination. I'm certainly voting for you as one of my choices

7. Dk_vr

Dk_vr What's a Dremel?

I really love the paint job. Very proffesional, but that detail in front of the case and the one on the PSU are way to much for me.

Anyway great job!

8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

absolutely stunning! i love the aging effects you've done on both the wood vinyl and the copper pipes. really awesome job:thumb:

9. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Out of the box modding, nice creative use of vinyl in wood flavour modded further to look more real, theme of days of better times & steampunk & some pretty damn badass SFF action & nominated for MOTM you are clearly doing something very right Luciel or a good bunch of things. :)

3 Stars :duh::duh::duh: that needs bumping up in my eyes so have 5, the only rating I ever give if any & a vote & a subscription. :D woo hooooo. :clap:

People who give low stars for nice effort & out the box modding are flipping meanies, could understand if the modders who get this are bleeps but your not & are in fact a damn good modder as are all up & comers & real up & comers are kind of easy to spot with modding like this but sorry for not seeing it sooner. :blush:

Only single thing that I think could possibly be improved is something on the system side close to the front mounted piece you mounted so it really becomes 1 with the rest of it, wouldn't look right without it now & I just think it could look a bit better, the rad side is already right but is just my lil opinion about that & if it pleases you like I think it does then it's already awesome. :)

Last edited: 6 Jul 2012
  10. bundymania

bundymania Bastelorakel Industries Worldwide

....looks nice, you have my vote for MotM ! :)

11. xSoMBrAx

xSoMBrAx Minimodder

Congratulations!
    You have my vote aswell... :)

12. Luciel

Luciel Needs more rust

Thanks Tattysnuc, ever since I started doing worklogs this time last year, I always hoped to be nominated on here for MOTM : )

Thanks DK_VR, it´s certainly a mod that has very strong effects and I can understand not everyone will like every single part of it : )

Thanks Crapman, I´m really proud of my ageing technique, I´ve really managed to refine it since the fallout cause sp project.

Thanks Waynio, As I said to Tattysnuc, since I started doing worklogs this time last year I hoped to be nominated on here yet knowing how hard it would be with so many good modders, and I knew doing the usual clean mod or high end hw mod would not get me anywhere because a lot of people have been doing them for years and have gotten extremely good at it and add on top that it aint really my thing to begin with. So I´ve done weird mods mostly, some have gotten very good responses like this one and the fallout mod, other haven´t like the diabolo mod but I know that´s a risk I have to take since they are unconventional.

Yeah I was a bit dissapointed I only got 3 starts o_O

I know exactly what you mean with what could be improved but dont worry my friend, there´s a lot of details that need to go on and you will notice once you see it finished that a couple of them address that improvement ; )

Bundymania & xSombrax thanks a bunch guys! : )

Really thanks to everyone for all the support, just the fact of being nominated is a huge honour to me, thanks a bunch! : )

13. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

I really like the aged vinyl effect that you used. I wish I knew how to do that as I would make good use of it. Your mod is very well done for the style that it is. I don't particularly care for the way that the external tubing is being done, and I'm not so sure particularly about that frame in the front of the case. I still gave you a vote for MOTM for your work as I think it deserves it. Keep it coming.

14. Luciel

Luciel Needs more rust

Thank you voigts!

I imagine the thing whith this kind of peculiar mod is that many of it´s parts can go either way and therefore will never be to everyone´s complete liking. That said, I thank you for your imput and the vote!

As for how to do it, next thing on the list to this project is doing a series of video tutorials on not just that effect, but how to do copper rust and common rust with just paint and inks as I´ve done here and on the fallout cause sp project.

-----------

Update:

I´ve been fighting for the last two weeks with the tubing, I´m still trying to fix the leak on one of the outputs on the reservoir, the other two leaks have been fixed (I took apart those sections and reinforced the joints with teflon which seals it quite nicely, for whatever reason that doesn´t seem to be working with the reservoir.

I have a couple of options I will be trying on monday, hopefully one of them will work. Worst comes to worst I can permanently fit the joint which will fix the issue but will not allow for it to ever be taken apart again (not that its an issue as I never planned to but its nice to know I can if for whatever reason I need to).

Updates to come following that.

15. Luciel

Luciel Needs more rust

Hi Kill the cheater, the MOTM competition is based on upcoming and unfinished projects (at least at the time of posting the contestants for x month)

16. Kill the cheater

Kill the cheater What's a Dremel?

Very good man, but I think that's not something morally positive, after coming from another contest, which was not yet finished.
    I hope this serves to voters, and see everyone's work and final finishes.

Users will be required to judge the modding in the race based on the following criteria:
    http://www.xtremehardware.com/forum/f70/mod_n_roll_modding_contest_votazione_vote-33500/
    1) Completeness of the mod (in favor of complete work)?????????
    2) Complexity of the mod (in favor of complexity)
    3) Difficulty in implementation (in favor of labor)
    4) Innovation (in favor of new solutions)

In my opinion you should be disqualified from the contest, as they vote for the finish of the mod and I think its functionality should be present.

And I will not enter into controversy more as this is online, but no I think that you submit your tower in a competition like Campus Party without the mod work.

17. bored_gazm

bored_gazm What's a Dremel?

PERFECT!

I ****in' LOVE it!!

18. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

19. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

The build is very almost complete, beside a small leak here and there. Angel's 'The Theory of Everything' didn't have it's motion sensor operated dvd drive working when it was submitted does that mean he should be disqualified?
    No. Not at all. What they're saying is that it should be taken into account as one of the factors, but in doing so allow for builds to be submitted which may not be entirely complete given the time constraints for the competition.
    This is one of the most incredible builds I've ever seen, with detailing and antiquing work so good he should probably go into the forgery business.
    If it there was any aspect of the build which made it ineligible for the competition, he wouldn't have been allowed to enter it. Sounds to me like you yourself entered and you're just a sore loser. To top it all off, you are being highly disrespectful in posting this in his project log.

On a happier note, a massive congrats Luciel on winning MOTM. A thoroughly deserving winner:thumb::rock::clap:

20. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Welcome to the forums :thumb:

Bit-tech competition is for mods and projects in any stage of their building. The idea of the contest is to bring attention to up and coming projects, and then Bill of MNPCtech supplies a few goodies to the winners which help with their mods.

This is not your standard Modified computer show, this is the way its always been done. This is not a proper 'case competition', its a little fun which brings added views comments and discussion.

And also, this isn't extremehardware... This.. is.. Bit-tech.