1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod of the Month Project: APASF ("A Post-Apocalyptic Steampunk Future") CustomPC Update!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Luciel, 31 May 2012.

1. Luciel

Luciel Needs more rust

Thanks for the congrats guys! I am over the moon right now :D

@Kill the cheater,

There really isn´t anything else to say. The Bit-Tech MOTM is for, as it´s been said, projects in progress and of course if that hadn´t been the case I wouldn´t have been nominated to take part in it. I also participated in the xtremehardware.it mod-n-roll competition and as I posted in here, my worklog (which by the way your comments should have gone in the competition thread, not my worklog) I didn´t make it in time for the deadline, however the judges of such competition still allowed me to participate and I ended up fourth, I didn´t see anyone complain there.

As for the campus party competition, there´s no rules that say it has to be finished, but it doesnt matter, it will be finished by then as what would the point of going to germany with an unfinished project be?

I hope this solves your doubts, not sure where the anger in your posts is coming from.

Again thanks to everyone who participated in voting on the MOTM June competition! :D

--------------

On a happier note, 2 of the 3 leaks have been fixed :D

2. Kill the cheater

Kill the cheater What's a Dremel?

Luciel, forgive but do not want to offend, just giving my opinion.

On the other hand I'm not modder, I would like to do these things.

Congratulations ofcourse.

But I still say that something is not finished yet is not just a project.

3. Luciel

Luciel Needs more rust

Hello everyone!

I´d like to thank all of you who have sent me pms, e-mails and ask me about it on other forums as well. The sad truth is that I simply ran out of funds. Normally when I plan a project I allocate a certain ammount of funds to it that I can afford to spare and not affect my life (i.e. pay bills). Unfortunately this project had more than a few issues along the way which forced to change certain parts which in the end elevated the cost.

Now that´s explained, a happier note. On the 4th of December I´ll be going for two weeks to Toronto, Canada, it´s a trip i´ve been wanting to do for years and I can´t wait, but when I get back (on the 17th) I´ve been saving up to allocate the final funds needed to finish this project and... well let´s just say I have another project already planned.

I´ve also planned the reamaining work needed on this project in a way that I may due a couple of tutorial videos, including the one so many people have asked me for, my age-ing techniques. At first I though that I would never share it, as over the last couple of projects, it´s kind of become my trademark effect, but the fact is I´ve learned so much from this community it just wouldn´t be right to not share, so it is going to happen.

So, I wish you all a great couple of final months of 2012 and I hope to have the last part of this working, finished pictures and a couple of tutorials for everyone before the end of the year so that I may start fresh in 2013 with a new, quite special project.

4. Luciel

Luciel Needs more rust

Hi Everyone,

After almost a year since I started the project, it is now Finished.

Since October I´ve been adding paint effects, ink effects, done some detail changes, added missing details and essentially obsessed over there damned thing. Following the original idea I did 2 casings, one for the psu and one for the gpus, unfortunately I just wasn´t happy with them, I felt they changed the overall look to much. I never wanted it to look clean as it simply doesn´t fit the post-apocalyptic style so in the end I opted for a rough way around it. The last 4 PSU connectors are bare and inked cabling for the GPUs. I´m sure quite a few of you would´ve proffered casings but I feel this way is what suits the style of the project best.

I also pretty much "coated" the whole thing with a mix of inks that took me a month to get right for a more old-n-gritty feel as while I was very happy with how the faux wood effect turned out, I felt it didn´t much the rest of the oxidized copper effects, this slight effect ink helps blend these two together and really make it look like it´s been around for a hundred years. If you compare these final pictures to the previous update pictures you´ll find you can´t exactly point why, but you´ll understand what I mean (or at least I hope you will :) )

I also realise there´s no SLI bridge, this is simply because I´ve misplaced mine and didn´t want to wait till I ordered a new one to make the final pictures as I didn´t feel it was that important and... I really needed to end this stage of my life.

APASF is the project I´ve always wanted to do ever since I started painting and modding and while there are somethings that NOW I may have done differently, I´m extremely happy with the final outcome, I´m also relieved it´s over, it's taken a huge toll on me and in the end, it was more of an obligation and obsession rather than something I enjoyed doing as sad as that may sound.

I´d like to thank my sponsors for being so patient with it as it´s taken 6 months more than I originally thought it would and of course for being there with me all the way.

Right, without further wait, here is the final shoot of APASF "A Post-Apocalyptic Steampunk Future".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you all for reading through this long worklog during what for me has been the hardest project I´ve ever done!

Until next time,
    Luciel

Asouter likes this.
  5. yellowbomb

yellowbomb Minimodder

Looks awesome! Glad you finally got it done.

6. Asouter

Asouter --------

Freakin Awesome, love the pipe work, PSU, Pocket watches...I could go on and on. You really captured the whole steamPunk feel. :clap::clap::clap:

7. Luciel

Luciel Needs more rust

Thanks guys,

Yellow, in deed mate, I honestly feel like I´ve gotten a huge weight off my shoulders :S

8. ziza

ziza What's a Dremel?

This is a very cool mod reminds me Bioshock.

9. Luciel

Luciel Needs more rust

Cheers : )

10. Luciel

Luciel Needs more rust

So the project´s been finished for a while but... I´m quite a happy trooper/bunny right now! :)

[​IMG]

11. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

Congrats! You must be really happy. :)

12. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Nice one mate. You must be really proud and rightly so. Stunning build!

13. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

Congratulations! :)

14. Luciel

Luciel Needs more rust

Thanks a bunch guys I trully am over the moon with happyness! ^^