1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Blu-V (Construction completed! Machine delivered. Buh bye!))

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Tech-Daddy, 11 Dec 2003.

1. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

thank you , very nice case man :thumb:

2. Tech-Daddy

Tech-Daddy What's a Dremel?

My final pics on the case are pics of the cabling and "uv'ness" inside the case. Most of my previous posts were blurry, however I believe I caught a few last night that were not shakey.

Front looking down the left (window) side. Case badge in the foreground:
    [​IMG]

Side window, etching evident. UV IDE cables are showing nicely.
    [​IMG]

Side window also showing the back fan configuration.
    [​IMG]

Fun, fun, fun....

3. Tech-Daddy

Man, did she like it!

FYI: I got the story from the parents. She woke up @ 5:00 am this morning (mind you, she cant wake up for school to save her life, but she can wake up unassisted @ 5:00 am for XMas!!! Hehehhe), saw the case, went back and woke up her brother (because they have to open presents as a family). Drag her near comatose brother out there, and the parents tell her that they will have to "Wait for Grandma to wake up." :sigh:

Guess what the kids did... :idea:

hehehe, you guessed it, went and woke up grandma so that they could get into their presents. The daughter was very happy about the case. Came out and hugged me later that morning while I was delivering cookies and muffins to our local fire/police dept. She was genuinely excited and happy. (PS: I was up @ 5:00 due to a 5 week old puppy that was not happy and squealing. We live in a duplex, and I happened to be next to the common wall during that time frame. It was funny listening to the parents and the kids @ that time of the morning.

It was a good feeling, it really was. Plus, I made a few bucks, and have 2 referrals from this family. One of which is a repair that is in my garage now! Payoffs come in many different forms! Good begets good, I still believe in this.

4. 3vil-Grin

3vil-Grin What's a Dremel?

Wow...great ending!!!
    Its good to see some people havent forgotten the holiday spirit!!
    Good job man!!!

Well i cant speak for everyone when i say i hope you do continue to post any future projects you have here.

Now see...people from Texas are smart...lol

Happy Holidays!!!

5. Xgamer

Xgamer What's a Dremel?

poor grandma lol :D
    thats a good way to get started and everyone benefits :thumb:

6. borumas

borumas What's a Dremel?

Yeah they sure are, LOL.

Nice case, it is always a good feeling to know your work is appreciated and that was a nice mod.

7. corrosive_nf

corrosive_nf What's a Dremel?

That case is the good old Enlight 7237. that is the case EVERYONE and their mother had before the antec clones were made.

8. Tech-Daddy

I was wondering!
    Thanks for the info!

This was a good model to mod with, being that it is such an open design and all.

9. Tech-Daddy

Yeah, it is a very good feeling. This stuff is like a steamroller. One mod begets the next, which inspires the next... jeeze.

The guys @ my work must think I am insane, because I keep eyeballing the computer equip @ work and talking out loud about "what I could do to that particular case"....

Hehehhe... fun stuff!

10. PhatMatt

PhatMatt What's a Dremel?

i am loving how the paint turned out. absolutley amazing. I'm diggin the UV too, it makes me smile seeing how yours turned out since i'm doing a similar theme in my current project. keep up the good work and keep on moddin!

11. ReikoX

ReikoX What's a Dremel?

Metalcast base coat

Did that metalcast base coat help the scratching on the metalcast? I used some metalcast green and had the same scratching problems.

12. Tech-Daddy

I actually dont know for sure. I saw the machine a few weeks ago, and it appeard to be holding up nicely on the back side. I knew that it had been pushed and moved around the house... did not see any scratches on the back end.

I'll know more in regards to durability with my blingGreen case. I base coated the frame b4 applying the Metalcast. Letting it set up for a few days, and then I'll test on of the scrap pieces, to see how well it adhered.

Contemplating using a clear coat process to see if that helps the durability at all. Worried that the CC would affect the color, and I dont want that! ;)

Thanks bud! I liked it too! I'll be trying a few things over on blingGreen here in a few days, after I wrap up my cuts and filing. Appreciate the compliment! :D

13. ATi Loyalist

ATi Loyalist Who throws a shoe?!

hmm, nice paint. imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...looks like you beat me to the metallic to black fade effect.

nice work, i love UV stuff :hip: that etch is sweet man. keep it up