1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project PC-70 (Mocha70) update 12/6/2010

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Burnout21, 21 Dec 2009.

1. djzic

djzic Bokehlicious!

very nice work.

2. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

Hows this project coming along now bud as im about to start a big watercooling project off in my old PC-70 case and im looooooving that new front panel and PSU mount a lot!!

3. schmunk

schmunk What's a Dremel?

Hey Guys

Hello,
    I also am modding an old PC-70 case and saw this site. I currently am using a Antec P-180 and was planning in putting my 240mm BI 2 in the bottom where the HDs go vertically like this:

[​IMG]

and I was going to vent each side panel so I could bring cool air into my rad sandwich, but the more I looked at it, the more of a drag it was to try to cram everything in, and I would also only have 4 5.25" bays, and loose my one 3.5" bay. I also had to fit my T line fill port and reservoir, my 120mm rad, and my two pumps. Meanwhile I had this PC-70 case that I got on CL for $20, so I decided to clean it up.

I had a Lian Li aluminum mouse pad that someone game me as a joke gift back when I had a PC-65. I am using that piece of metal for my front 120mm fan mod. On the other side will be a 120mm fan sandwiched Black Ice Stealth. I decided to make mine as low as possible cause the fan screws rest on the bottom of the 80mm fan cut out, so it is extra support.
    I took out the drive hardware from the bottom of the case, and I'm moving them up with a Lian Li EX-34NB, which will give another 120mm fan to the front. My dual 350 pumps with XPSC dual head will go down in the front bottom also.

[​IMG]

I will fit my 240mm rad at the top, under a black "Bricky" Phobya Triple Radiator Grill (I think the triple looks more proportionate on such a big case) and all of my drives are black on the front. I am using a black plastic 120mm blank under one spot on the grill, but may invest in a 360 radiator down the road.

I am going to use 80mm quiet Nexus fans on the back, and the 120mms on the radiator and PSU should be enough to exhaust the case, so I do not plan to mod the back PSU plate.

Good to see some other modders with this case still!

Schmunk

4. schmunk

schmunk What's a Dremel?

Finished the front:

[​IMG]

5. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Nice! I really should look at finishing the case now, no reason not to other than running my own business, learning HTML, Arduino and many more things! eek!

6. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

All good things come to those who wait! :)

But more than a year since last update? Get on with it! :lol:

7. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian