1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Puzzlebox Pc (10/09) COMPLETED!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by [WP@]WOLVERINE, 14 Aug 2004.

1. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Nice etching!!! :D

Can not wait to see it done... :thumb:

2. wo^tron

wo^tron What's a Dremel?

I am in awe of the etching. Most of all the patience to do it. :thumb:

3. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

I couldn't sleep, so I translated the engraving FAQ you wrote Wolverine...

Engraving FAQ (in english)

Please tell me it i left something out. :thumb:

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I read through it, it looks good. Admittedly not a whole lot you can't figure out on your own (or at least the same methods I've tried using) but looks fairly complete anyways.

That's a great job etching the plexi. Just wow. Not sure whether you posted it earlier and I missed it, but about how big is the case going to be? I got a vague idea from the sketchup but I'm just wondering if there are numbers.

5. [WP@]WOLVERINE

[WP@]WOLVERINE What's a Dremel?

The Cube is going to be 40x40cm and the wodden base will be somwhere around 10cm high.

6. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I translate to americaneese as 15.75". Somewhat shorter and less deep than most cases, but almost twice as wide. Not quite as big as those mountainmods beast, 18" (~45cm) cubed, but probably much cheaper and certainly more pride in showing off :)

7. Carbon

Carbon Banned

Dude thats amazing etching work.

How long did it take to draw the lines on the plexi? the how long for each etching?

8. [WP@]WOLVERINE

The lines actually doesnt take that long i did all the lines on all six sides in a day :) But when it comes to the etching part, well thats another story :) So far the simplest of the sides took about 5 hours to do and the one im working on now is the top one and that is the most complex ive put in 7 hours already and theres probably 4-5 hours left before its done. I simply etch until i cant feel my arms and then its coffebreak time :D

9. Carbon

Carbon Banned

LOL!!

Ive seen a few hellraser cube mods and right now this is definatly up there with the best :)

10. r3Q

r3Q Minimodder

wow.

11. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

wow, nice etching mate , you ve huge patience :eeek: keep up the good work :thumb:

12. [WP@]WOLVERINE

-=Small Update=-

Ive finished the top panel now!!!! Dammit this one was definetly the worst one to make, so from now on the rest will be a piece of cake :D

[​IMG]

More to come..

Last edited: 31 Jan 2005
  13. tmod

tmod What's a Dremel?

Instead of posting the jawdrop smiley (you'll probably be sick of seeing them by the end of this thread) I'll ask a question: what do you plan for the lighting to go with the black and gold?

Incredibly nice job so far.

14. [WP@]WOLVERINE

I actually dont know what color the lighting will be but ive got some plans of making a mainboard mountingplate in the shape of Pinhead :) So when the lights switch on youll see the face of the most evil moviecharacter ever glowing inside the cube. Im not even shure that the etch will be gold since ive run in to some trouble.
    I cant seem to get the gold to look good because of the frosted surface in the etch. So i might just go with black and leave the etches the way they are or clearcoat them. The i could use red lights to make pinhead glow.
    Ill try some different ideas and see what turns out best.

15. Carbon

Carbon Banned

man that case will be trippy when its done,

imagine coming in at night after you've been on the beer (or something) and touching the case.... the holuisinating that the actual cube is rotating and such like in the film :worried:

16. tmod

tmod What's a Dremel?

That sounds cool. :D As for making the etch gold, I'm sure there are other methods that would work. Are you trying to paint/dye them now? Maybe a coloured film or something along those lines would work.

17. [WP@]WOLVERINE

I just had to use some tape and put the 3 ready sides together to get a bit of a feel for what the case will look like :) And i like what i see, its turning out better than i hoped with the black sunblock film in place it will kick som serious ass :D

[​IMG]

And the best part is that this build has cost me NOTHING!! a friend of min gave me all the hardware i need so this Firewall/router cube from hell will be powered By all fre stuff He gave me 1.7ghz Celeron, Mainboard with GbitLan and sound+Slimline cd and a shuttle psu so im all set now :D

Last edited: 31 Jan 2005
  18. cHiX

cHiX What's a Dremel?

Simply sensational dremel work!!! As everything it will light up it be memorable view definitely...

Waiting for more... It will be so damn cool!! I feel it!!

19. amesterdamer

amesterdamer What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop:
    :clap: nice work, it looks very nice, the light shoud make quite a effect there ;)

20. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

now i'm going to resit the urge to put a jawdrop smily, i just want to say that i wish i had your dremel skillz cause you are amazing at etching, it looks so nice