1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project : Toxicity - Completed! 13/11

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by craigr1982, 9 May 2010.

1. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Ello mate, just wanting some advice of tube braiding. I see you fitted yours under your compression fittings, but I was thinking of heat shrinking it at the ends and for this to go under the compression fittings. Would that work?

2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

She came out really sweet, man! -I'm a little bummed I missed the whole process.

3. craigr1982

craigr1982 What's a Dremel?

pete - Putting the heatshrink under the compression fittings would certainly be an easier fit rather than having to cram the braiding in. You'll need some large size heatshrink if your heading for 1/2" tubing tho. Be sure you don't trap the heatshrink in too tightly when doing up the fittings tho as you might rotate it on the tubing and cause your braiding to twist.

cheaps - cheers mate :) sorry you missed it but glad you saw the end result

4. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Yes, that's what I was thinking. What braid did you use?

5. PAL

PAL What's a Dremel?

just wonderful simple effecient love your waterfall on the side you should try to get that thing into production i'm sure pepeol would buy this thing...great work!

6. BLUEHORSESTUDIOS

BLUEHORSESTUDIOS I haven't lost a finger yet!

Turned out great Craig , like I said before, one of the coolest case mods I've seen!!

7. craigr1982

craigr1982 What's a Dremel?

pete - it was some of the braid from mnpctech. The largest size I had happened to be 1/2".

PAL - cheers, I would tweak the design a little for the waterfall if I was to make it again. As it is I think I'd rather keep it as unique for now. I do have other plans up my sleeve tho :)

cheers Ron :)