1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Seen anything cool on the road lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by docodine, 2 Aug 2009.

1. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

A Infiniti G35 branded as a Nissan Skyline GT350... Had to take pics of it..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

That is rather nice looking.

There's a 2009 GTR down the road from my home (Not uni) sometimes. I'll grab some crappy phone pictures if it's there next time I go home. It's nothing but standard - From what I can tell - But it's the most unusual car in Lichfield that isn't a riced up piece of crap.

3. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

phhh 460 that's nothing, try and 840BHP Audi TT

[​IMG]

4. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

a Nissan GTR? Seriously?? Pics or it didnt happen. I had a bit of a wtf moment when I saw the Infiniti on the freeway and saw it said Nissan. I dont know what the story is behind it, but ill try to find out.

nice... but the 480bhp one has the looks :D

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I should be going back there at Christmas - I'll grab pics if I get the chance :p It's in, kinda boringly, white, but hey.

6. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

lol, I think the only colors they sell it in is white and red so :p

7. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Is that yellow TT the MTM Bimoto? I love the thinking behind that! "Well, it looks pretty similar front/rear... And they fit an engine in the front... Why don't we put another one in the rear?"

8. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

White, black, red, gunmetal grey/silver.

I saw one not that long ago on my way back from Manchester Airport. Whoever it was driving was giving it a few beans round one of those merge slipway things from one Mway to another. I was doing 80 and he must have been doing 120 easy, he just disappeared. Bloody awesome. :D

9. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

holy shi... I just googled that. 825bhp! So can you run it with just one engine or do both have to be on? I would love to see the schematics on it (for an engineers POV)...

10. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Check it out on top gear - they did the MTM Bimoto and the AS One. Series 1, Ep10. :thumb:

11. wst

wst Minimodder

I heard a burbling today and thought 'Crap, another chav with a can of rice on the exhaust'... and a Monaro went past (Well, whatever the Vauxhall name for it is.)

Sorry, Aussies, I doubted you.

Also, there's a manual old Camaro in town, Jeremy-Clarkson-Alabama spec, only less shite. It's different :D

12. mctigger

mctigger What's a Dremel?

Nah man, similar though, Had a very similar aggressive looking body kit on it, the company that did it, had a very long German name....

Aggghhh this is doing my head in!!!

13. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

Saw it while searching.. pretty nice, but they didnt explain any of the mechanics :(

and.... I FOUND THE LOTUS!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Man, I thought Miata's and Fierro's were small and dangerous... I didnt take a pic of the floor, but I should have, it was all metal... new suicide car? (btw, it was a 6 spd manual and a very tiny gearbox :D)

14. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Went to get Marilyn a takeout breakfast burrito and lo and behold:

[​IMG]

Probably won't impress many but a Harley panhead from the 1950s with ape hanger handlebars and suicide clutch jast made my whole weekend!

2 years as a Hell's Angel riding a ridgid frame panhead will do that to one.

15. wst

wst Minimodder

What's a suicide clutch? :/

16. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

A foot clutch and jockey shift. The foot clutch works exactly like a hand clutch. When you push down on it, it disengages the clutch allowing you to use your left hand to shift into higher or lower gears. Then, you let out the clutch by lifting your foot off the pedal. It is not a very easy way to control a bike since you cannot put your left foot down at a stop light unless you shift into neutral and on a hill it's miserable plus you have to take your hand off of the handlebars while moving to shift. That's why it's called a suicide clutch. These went out of production in the '50s. You can convert a foot clutch to a hand clutch by using what is referred to as a "mousetrap" which is a spring assembly that will snap shut - often at unscheduled times. For the more adventurous and experienced riders, a foot clutch/hand shift is nostalgic and shows a degree of riding ability. This is something I would not recommend for beginning riders no matter how "cool" it sounds or looks.

PS: the jockey shift is often called ass scabber because of it's proximity to your left arse cheek.

17. wst

wst Minimodder

Oh, right, something invented before ergonomics. Gotcha. (Also, I prefer 4 wheels. My pit bike experience and a person my dad knows (who will never be walking again :() have put me well off :/ )

18. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

Saw a silver one of these in Paris about a month ago, looks better in person than in a picture.

[​IMG]

19. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

20. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Nice, I still haven't seen one of these in the UK yet! Still;
    1. There's a big gap between 'looks better than in the photos' and 'looks remotely acceptable'
    2. The car falls somewhere short of 'remotely acceptable'
    What I find most annoying is that Porsche's competitors make incredible 4-door cars/concepts - think Quattroporte, Rapide, Estoque...