1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony not cutting PS3 price in Europe

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 13 Jul 2007.

1. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I'm waiting for the next bit of Sony news from Europe to headline...

"This just in, Sony killed your father and raped your mother!"

Frickin' Sony. I don't think I'm gonna defend them anymore.

When I read the article about the 60GB model getting killed off the first thing that came to mind was "I bet there's gonna be another price drop soon" Interesting that there's a link to just that in this article.

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Yes please, hard.

3. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Ok, so what is the big deal guys? You are getting an extra controller AND 2 AAA titles that kick major ass for the same price as what it was before. I mean, let's think....you buy the console for $100 cheaper, then you go out and buy a controller for Multi-player and then you gotta buy some games (which are more than likely gonna be those two titles considering there are THAT many good titles to choose from yet), so what are you guys fussing about? For all you guys know, the PS3's gonna drop by another good margin before Xmas (which is when you ACTUALLY buy it once more games come out) because whatever happens in USA should more than likely coincide a few months later in the EU/UK. Lastly, I don't understand what the 80GB PS3 offers over the 60GB Bundle other than 20GB of more space.....so please fill me in on what the big fuss is because in actuality the price is very competitive.....

4. kempez

kempez modding again!

lol I love the way "the price is very competitive".....competitive with what? Xbox 360 Premium for £229 or a PS3 for £400?? As has been said - I could get a pretty damn nice gaming PC for that tbh

I'm not a fan of Sony, but then nor am I a fan of Microsoft (or anyone for that matter), but surely that doesn't add up?

5. koola

koola Minimodder

Burn Sony burn!

Us europeans get screwed time and time again :/

6. devdevil85

Dude whatever....go buy that sub-par thing you call a "gaming computer" for the same amount of money because it'll be out-of-date by the time you can say "holy crap! what an ignorant mistake THAT was!". Honestly, people with your mentality don't deserve a sweet piece of kit like the PS3, but it makes sense because you probably can't utilize the PS3 to its full potential, so it makes sense you hate it.....honestly just wait for the price to drop by Xmas (and for more games to come out and for Playstation Home) and stop freaking out because it's too high right now....I mean if anything is out of your budget you SHOULD wait until it fits it instead of expecting it to fit it up-front....so...honestly I can only say wait or just go out and buy a 2-year old 360 like everyone else I guess and hope it doesn't give you any troubles.....

P.S. kempez, please prove to me what you could buy with the same amount of money you could get the PS3 bundle for, because I'm seriously anticipating this list of components....

Last edited: 13 Jul 2007
  7. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

^zig heil!
    (meaning "QFT" in my dialect)

8. devdevil85

O yeah!, Joe, why didn't you have the article read, "Sony keeps PS3 price the same in EU, but now including a bundle"...?, but instead you made it seem as if they just completely disregarded the EU and didn't add anything....? I understand you put it in the article itself, but still.......

Last edited: 13 Jul 2007
  9. devdevil85

Quoted for Truth right? Not Quit F***ing Talking........?

10. benjamyn

benjamyn What's a Dremel?

You can buy a xbox 360, hd-dvd player, extra controller and a few games for less than the ps3 for starters.

Already you can do everything PS3 does, but have a larger library of this-gen games,

11. devdevil85

Ben, is this in the EU/UK or also in the USA?

12. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

Guessing "Aberdeenshire" is scotland.

As to the bundle, I think what annoys people is probably that they are making out they are adding a lot of value to it instead of a price cut, but that only holds true if you would have bought both games and another controller in the first place, if you didn't you are left effectively paying more for less choice.

Give it a few months and i'm sure copies of both games will be flooding ebay because of it, as people try and claw back the cash (but probably fail because you won't be able to buy the console without them anyway..)

Myself I guess if I was buying one I'd want the second controller, definetely not motorstorm because I'm not into driving games and resistance would be a harder decision - I have yet to see anything much past a 70%/average review for it and it seems like the PC isn't exactly lacking in those already.

13. benjamyn

on the plus side, retailers will start selling it with more games in their bundles at some point.
    mind you the trade in price is likely to deminish for those 2 games.

The xbox 360 can be found for RRP £280 with an extra controller and a bunch of games easily these days, the HD-dvd player seems to be about £99,

Fair enough no Wi-fi, but Wifi is slower than Wired anyway.

14. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

~£450 will get you a reasonable pc if your building your self and even if you spend 200 quid more whats that 20 games over 5 years and you've made a massive saving. Seems like a much better deal to me. And lets face it the cost of games is a biggy cause none of us want to anger the god Sony and pirate games do we now! Coupled with the fact that in five years your "sweet piece of kit" will be an out of date paper weight with an obsolete optical drive its suddenly not such a great deal is it.

15. benjamyn

Agreed Steve!
    Not only was it fan boy nonsence though, he came out a total jerk while spewing that rubbish.

16. sandys

sandys Multimodder

psx 11 years, ps2 is at 7 years and its not ready to stop, unlike MS and Nintendo Sony have not abandoned a home console yet so why do you think its going to be obsolete in 5 yrs, the PS2 has seen some quality titles this year and Sony plus 3rd partys still have a load to come out over the next couple of years as the console still sells well.

Whatever PC you build for £450 won't last a fifth of the lifespan of the PS3 and lets be honest probably won't last out the current PS2, the next big PC title will come out and it will no doubt croak or require compromised gameplay.

17. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Because much like trying to play as PS2 two years ago the graphics are crap and the game play stilted. Unlike your pc where even if the games are still **** you can make them look more pretty. A console only has a year or two at the most before graphics, and usually gameplay, leave them standing.

And to be honest i have a £300 4 yr old pc i still use every day, much more than i used my £300 PS2.

18. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

someone prove to me that for £400 I can make a system that will run games high end, looking the same as a PS3 game at 1920x1080p, and I will physically eat a hat.

19. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

a challenge!!!! i think i will take it as soon as i have time.... maybe tomorrow.... any rules? can i get parts from other countries? FPS lower limit? OS?

20. benjamyn

its £425 :p

besides if 1920 x 1080p is a big deal, A 1080p capable HDTV needed for the PS3 must also be taken into consideration.

Tags: Add Tags