1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics The best video card you've ever owned?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tim S, 3 May 2005.

1. Springs

Springs Boing boing

bet you looked really cool in that didnt you...

2. coolmiester

coolmiester Coolermaster Legend

Oh they definitely weren't designed with fashion in mind....

Should have gone to Spec Savers :D

3. star882

star882 What's a Dremel?

Right now? Radeon 9000 AIW Pro. It is more than fast enough for the CAD that I'm doing now and handles HDTV great. Only thing it can't do is dual monitors (maybe there's a mod to allow DVI and VGA at once?) so I have an old video card running my second monitor.
    Back in the days? Jocelyn 2 16MB workstation video card. It came with a Pentium Pro system that was given to me for free (that was when 733MHz Pentium 3s were the fastest available!). I still use that card to run the second monitor attached to my current 2.4GHz Pentium 4. Problem is that it will not handle HDTV in my current setup for some strange reason (although it somehow did in the original Pentium Pro). I have a 15" E151FPp connected to the Jocelyn 2 and a 19" 1905FP connected to the Radeon. I sometimes like to watch HDTV on the 15" while using the 19" to surf the web or do some work. What is the cheapest solution for this? (Thinking of a VGA port wired to the video card so I can put one on the DVI interface and another on the VGA interface.) I'm not planning to upgrade my video card until I get a new system or when it becomes too slow for my CAD work.

4. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

oh man i had that same card, those glasses were about as comfortable as a brick on your face and gave migranes after 30 mins, but id be damned if i didnt play every game i could with them :D

5. striker289

striker289 What's a Dremel?

my 9800pro which i am using now.

6. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

best i got is my 9600se with a ZM80D on it. the only reason i cant get it going faster than it is is because the card cant handle those speeds.

Tags: