1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress THE DARK KNIGHT, !COMPLETED!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by abbas-it, 9 Mar 2014.

1. abbas-it

abbas-it We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

so, the on off slider switch is mounted und slides good, like a pumpgun, slid backwards turns the server on or off. the batbike batcar shocks are also mounted, have to be beautified yet though.
    yesterday they were just a bunch of bike air pumps and small wooden spice spoon scoops, today they are bat elements. set me back approx 10 euros. even used some old lamp springs too, recycled stuff, with paint this will all integrate well. they move and hiss when sliding the top rifle part backwards for turning on the server. more to come..

[​IMG]

Last edited: 23 Aug 2014
  2. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Very creative, I like how you've added a lot of depth with the wood panels / different levels!

3. abbas-it

thx, yeah mate, wanted to give it a bit more structure than a 19" server implies

here is another tiny update, have made some spoiler test shields which will be mounted via the small piston type shocks i am making, all will be dismountable and screw on.still working in the design for the holders though.these are made of polystyrol and the shocks of plastic tubes and screw rods cut to size melted and flattened, cut etc.. when they are painted, you will see where they are going. they are even adjustable in length seeing as the end parts can be screwed in and out.
    [​IMG]

more to come..

4. abbas-it

hi guys, here we go again with another update. have been making certain smaller delicate parts like hydraulic piston look wind spoiler legs and arms. apart from that have started the primary weapon which is aimed to be a panorama 360° camera. the bearing swivel wheel part and little motor are both from an old videorecorder. makes a great gun turret platform. at the moment its just a plain torch but i have a webcam in the same diameter which will be stuck in there. i will probabyl make it look like the bat grapplergun abit and give a few defense plates and modern touches as well. i want this to look BAT modern but at the same time BAT industrial like the pod car in Dark Knight and some of his bikes too.
    the actual transformation from a bucket of diverse materials to the aggressive DARK KNIGHT will come with the paint job i guess. more to come..

[​IMG]
    the primary weapon, the 360° turnable gun will be a slow motorised turret that turns and makes panorama fotos, am presently aggresivying it more, the implication of a setting scope dummy is the first part though.

these parts used to be in a SABA video recorder, have better karma now though, am sure they will look great when i am finished with them..:clap:

well, yes, it is the lid of a jam jar, or it was, now its the turret bottom cover, you will see where this is going when its got some color on it.

rubber washer turret tiny motor drive"]made a hot swap scope holder so that i can take the camera out for usage as normal video recorder[/SIZE]

[​IMG]

when the motor is on the whole gun turns slowly round and makes a seemless video of the whole surrounding, will be a bush button driven one when wired up to the relais, push for left turn, push again for right turn...
    more to come..

5. abbas-it

hi guys, and here is the second little update for today.
    the DVD drive is hidden in bat elements and you wont be able to see it afterwards. i made the middle strips a little shorter so that i can still pull back the whole tope gun replica which turns the server on.
    apart from that i started the front pwr and hdd leds.
    instead of just mounting buyable ones which would be easy, i decided to mod my own.
    i am using these tap filter end tip thingys, a plumber probably knows what they are called.
    when they have the gun metal black paint on them they will be in red and green just by the leds that are stuck inside them for pwr and reset.
    more to come..

[​IMG]

ok guys, more tomorrow..:clap:

6. abbas-it

so after deciding to use the tap filter parts i again decided against the first ideo of Drilling holes and sticking them in. i decided to make the bat light holders for PWR and HDD in their own Shell which Looks a bit likt the windschields of one of the bat cars or the Little indicators on nthe bat pod. is more work and bit complexer but Looks much better.
    [​IMG]
    the Chrome will be gun metalic black when finished

7. abbas-it

the next step was to make the first of more bat shields. i made it just 2 d first then split it at an angle and made it 2d after wards, so now it has better contours and it Looks much better.
    the grills are from leaf gathering shetts which you usually find in the Roof draining pipes. they look almost membrainy type like bats wings when you Close up on them..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more to come..

8. abbas-it

hi guys, here are some more developments on the DARK KNIGHT.
    even though it Looks so full of Little Details, they will smelt und wask-n-wain together with the black mat paintjob later on. it will be like looking at the forrest, not the single trees.

first i carried in with the Primary weapon cladding. the plexi will of course not remeian see through.

[​IMG]

broke down some clamps which will look like landing feet or arms on truck and cranes etc..

this torch is actually a camera, which will make 360 Videos., the Motor is from an old Saba Video Recorder, was the ejecter Motor.

the next chore was plexi again in batwing style as shield protector plates for the hydraulic pumps, will also be in black later on..

am Fixing them with modle car hinges, made some square washers to give space between the case and the shiield flaps.

These Little bat wings style covers are for the hydro pumps to cover the screws that hold them to the case..

made all These Little shock dummies myself too out of plastic pipes and Long threaded screw rods. are even adjustable

while in the hrdware store i saw These GARDENA Sprinkler parts and decided to add some industrial flux compensator type of **** to this build too. the pipes with actually really be channelling wires here and there as i want to connect everything only in the front and back, this way i can easily pull the Server out without chopping any wire etc.. off by accident later on.[​IMG]

These Little roung plastic thingies are ususally to rope up tarpaulins and tents, they fit well as tube endings and when painted will look really good.they have central hole for letting the wire through.
    dont Forget the Little parts will hardly be seen afterwards because of the paintjob.

[​IMG]

9. abbas-it

and another one. these Little stylisch wings represent the bat grapple gun hooks and bat wings at the same time, slighty changed though. they will decorate the big shocks..

sanded them slanted with the dremel to give em that knifey blade look.

while i was waiting for the glue to dry of the Little batwings, i carried on with the base. cannot see much yet, but it will not just give more side stability but also hold loud speaker and some other elements and designed parts..

of course they Need paint, but thex already look like the grappler a bit
    [​IMG]

more to come..

10. douglas alves

douglas alves Minimodder

Ótimo trabalho, tudo combinando,parabéns. pelo seu trabalho esse lente.

11. abbas-it

thank buddy, i lhope you understand my google translation.
    i like using thing that are lying around and all sorts of scrap and recycling stuff. dont like just going out and buying expensive stuff.
    dont see what it is, but what it could be, thats my motto.
    when its painted, then you will where i am going...
    glad you like it.. mor to come..

Agradeço amigo, i lhope você entender a minha Tradução de Google.
    Eu gosto de usar coisas que estão por aí e todo tipo de sucata e material de reciclagem. não gosto de apenas sair e comprar coisas caras.
    não vejo o que é, mas o que poderia ser, isso é o meu lema.
    quando o seu pintado, então você vai para onde eu vou ...
    feliz que tenha gostado .. mor por vir ..
    :D

12. abbas-it

not much of an update but nevertheless, here it is.
    you dont see much yet but this will be the base upon which this all stands and also holds the
    scrapped loudspeakers. These arent the greatest sound you can buy, but its a Server and i just need them for Windows error messages and so forth. I also finished some more shock piping on the other side.. more to come..

[​IMG]
    These two side vents will be the Speakers housings, like bat car air intakes

13. douglas alves

douglas alves Minimodder

This work is really awesome! Congrats!...

14. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

This work is really awesome! Congrats!...

:hehe:
    I had to log in to see why he got banned. :lol:

True though. :D

You really are a heck of a modder though abbas, you amaze me how many excellent projects you do, the name of this one along with the look, it all just works perfect, another wild one in the making. :dremel::rock:

15. abbas-it

hey waynio, thx mate, am doing my best, this one will really start coming to life when i finally get the putty paint and polish on it.
    waht happened to douglas alves, i see he was banned, what went wrong...

16. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

I'm sure it will be excellent. :dremel:

douglas
    I think he was labelled a spammer by moderators, checked his other posts & was virtually all same comment, spreading some love for modding IMO, :lol: spamming in moderators opinion. :D

17. abbas-it

hi guys, here is anither little update. the speaker side air intake duct boxes are more or less in shape now. lot of angles involved here. they are placed about an inch away from the main hull.so as to give that air flow suction area between them and the main case hull. i will putting something else there. more to come.

18. abbas-it

i found this piece of an old paper schredder at the junk yard. belive it or not, i will be using the paper feed plastic parts when cut out as the air inake duct protectors, bat style baby,, i hope that works..

[​IMG]

19. abbas-it

so like i said, here are the first results of what i made out of that shredder paper feed slit plastic cover.
    when the whole case is painted and ready you wont see the difference between plastic and wood. alle harmonize together. a few LEDs behind them and we are ready to go.

yesterday they were old SHREDDER parts, now they are
    AIR INTAKE DUCT PROTECTORS

[​IMG]

20. abbas-it

so ist time for a Little more.
    what i then did was utliise the u turn iron parts from a scrap shelf i found a the scrap Yard for making the bat bike side guns. they will actually hold LEDS left and right for power and hdd etc..
    but they do add to the Overall effect so they are a must.
    they will be similar, because i want to Change the design a bit..

[​IMG]