1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The No.1 producer challenge

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by saspro, 8 Aug 2009.

1. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

Fewer GPU clients perhaps

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Yeah using non high performance clients like the standard CPU client onn 500 odd CPU's will give those sort of stats. So would SMP.

3. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

I finally managed to switch 3 of the clients in my farm over to 'CustomPC' last night, so they should add an extra 10-15k today. Reaching the rest of the farm will take a little longer...

4. saspro

saspro IT monkey

We finish our 2 weeks today.

Oh well.

5. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Possibly an extension? 2 more weeks?Make it to team rank 1?

6. saspro

saspro IT monkey

And all the guys who've been folding for years to be in the top 10?

Wouldn't be fair to them (like we decided with the CPChimps user)

7. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

True point sas :) I agree though, stick to plan and swap back to normal today and see what happens over next month or so with Mr Burn_in and then go again or something.

Also quick update to my hot i7 saying as I have spammed this thread with it - been running a bigdev since last night and temps haven't gone over 66 degrees on the hottest core and other cores haven't gone over 58 so im happy enough, shame I bought the WC setup for my other machine, will leave it on here for a while until I decide what to do with that chip! I feel a lapping coming on...... :D

8. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Oh well. My next WU won't be finished till after midnight GMT so i'll switch back to confusis now

(due to the fact this pc is off overnight and it will only be on for like 2 hours before midnight gmt :/ (midday here)

9. JackOfAll

JackOfAll What's a Dremel?

Erm, I was rather hoping that we'd make it closer to 1M PPD before stopping. Coola has added a bigadv, Lizard has 60K PPD to switch over, I added a new bigadv last night, and PS3/LanDi indicated he would switch over but that it would take time. Are we sure we're going to stop?

10. coolamasta

Errr unfortunatley im sure the bigdev is under my own name mate also not 100% sure its going to complete as it did crash about 6am this morning even though it seemed perfectly stable after 5 hrs of LinX last night, I upped the QPI a tiny bit so will see if its still going when I get home! :(

11. JackOfAll

That's a shame.

Linx != Gromacs. You're risking me banging on again about stresscpu2 for testing overclocks under Linux, before folding on them. ;)

PM me. Let me know what time you'll be around this evening.

12. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

ok switched back to CustomPC till we get 1m ppd. might not work if everyone else decides 2 weeks is enough and switches back to their own name

13. coolamasta

Yeah I knew that :worried: tut tut yes im rubbish, Linux still scares me lol :lol:
    If it has crashed again when I get home I will install stresscpu2, Im just cheating as I know where I stand with windows overclocking tools and assuming if its stable in windows it should be stable in Linux.

Will PM you when I know I will be about later as going out for a few hours :thumb:

14. JackOfAll

Cool! Let's see what saspro says. I do understand his point about it not being fair to individuals in the top 10. Let's also see what the other "big guns" say. Without them, there isn't a lot of point continuing. (My mistake anyway. I either didn't realise or had forgotten we started with a 2 week time window in mind.)

15. coolamasta

If we wait until we are hitting 1million we will have a loooooong wait! Don't get me wrong I would love us to hit that but we still need a good 300-350k ppd+ :(

16. phoenicis

phoenicis Retired Chimp

I've already switched most back to my own username. I'd really like to avoid switching them back to CustomPC again :waah:

I thought the last plan discussed was that we were going to wait until we were more prepared and until Burn-In was, well, less prepared.

One of the lessons learned from this may be to have a sign up thread a la Uni's CC thread where folks identified what they could commit from the get go. Adding what kind of lead time they would need to switch (eg PS3/LanDi) may be a good idea.

17. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

ok sounds good. i only add 3k ppd lol

18. JackOfAll

Yeah, you're probably right. My quick calcs depended on getting another 150K from PS3/LanDai if he changed over, 60K from Lizard, 40-50K PPD from me and thee with 2 more bigadv's and hoping that I could add another 100K PPD next week, when the MM case arrives for my Xeon and 4xGTX295 build.

Looks like we dropped 100K PPD yesterday. Perhaps people started switching back already. Anyway, doesn't really matter.

19. JackOfAll

Points is points is points! Every one counts. :D

20. JackOfAll

<outrage>You changed 'em back already!</outrage> lol

You're right of course. A bit of planning would help, especially with people who have a lot of physical machines that they'd need to change over.