1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Top 10 Games of 2010

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 16 Dec 2010.

1. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Funny, This was done by the users... not bit-tech right?

Anyway, Nice run up, Would place JC2 and BlackOps higher if I'm honest, CIV5 would be right up there with it :)

2. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

It's voted by the readers you retard.

3. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Look's like i'll be buying ME2 as soon as its goes mega cheap in the steam sale! Which it will...... i hope!

4. theflatworm

theflatworm Gordon Freeman's Crowbar

Am I the only one who thinks ME2 was over-rated? The game dynamics are massively simplified to cater for a console audience. The graphics, while pretty in screetshots, are actually pretty flat and uninteresting once they start moving. There's very little to interact with. Although it's not totally on-the-rails, there's virtually no room to think outside the box on the vast majority of missions. On normal setting it's so ridiculously easy that you can almost complete the whole game at one sitting without dying (and this is from someone with the reaction time of a salted slug).

Not that it's terrible, but come on. Have we sunk so close to the lowest common demoninator that we think the console gamer's console game is the best thing released all year?

Oh yeah, and Black Ops single-player is only worth it for the zombie mode, which is, admittedly, awesome.

Last edited: 16 Dec 2010
  5. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

I voted for 1, 2 and 6 as best games of my year!

6. Neonhalo

Neonhalo Generic 250w Grey PSU

I certain't can't argue ME2 deserved first place. However, I initially questioned the choice for the rest.

"Hang on, isn't x better than y? Didn't z have a better plot/engine/pound of bananas?"

Then I realised: Most of the games I was thinking of were from 2009 or earlier. Bugger. Worst. Memory. EVER.

7. matt.bungle

matt.bungle Vase

How on earth did Call of duty - black ops & Fallout 3 beat Red dead the only reason I can think of is it's only 2 platforms.

8. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

READER VOTED

9. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

ME2 is a worthy winner, enjoyed every minute of that game.

10. Apoptosis

Apoptosis What's a Dremel?

I think a few of these games made it to the list only due to the relative lack of triple-A games this year. I mean, Just Cause 2?

11. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

did the readers vote?

;-)

12. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Was ME2 the best shooter this year? No. Was it a better 'RPG' then any other game this year. No. Why is it number 1? Because it encompasses a good shooter with decent RPG elements coupled together with a very good story line to immerse you into an interesting and well thought out Universe. This is what makes ME2 so strong, and the reason it's, imo, the best game of the year.

13. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

ME2 and BFBC2 are awesome. That is all.

14. XSAN

XSAN What's a Dremel?

Can someone help me; I can't find God of War 3 in the list.

15. jadawgis732

jadawgis732 What's a Dremel?

you guys are so biased towards Mass Effect. Didn't it win last year too? Not saying it's not a good game- it's great in fact. But ME2 felt like a step down.

16. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades Dreamer

I loved BioShock but found the sequel a chore to play, no more so than the task of protecting the Little Sisters from splicer attacks. In the end I just harvested them as it was just too tedious otherwise. Inifinity looks like being a much, much better game, much more imaginative and at least has a different setting.

The rest of the list is OK although the inclusion of Call of Duty and Battlefield were a bit predictable. Not my favourite games but I see why others might like them.

Mass Effect 2 and Red Dead Redemption were awesome. Those two are my favourites of 2010.

17. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

If Mass Effect 2 hadn't been number one there would have been blood. But it is so I'm a happy camper :D

18. Orionche

Orionche Guest

ME2 was utter crap compared to the first one, it wasn't even funny. While I can stand the IDENTICAL linear story they've been shoving out since KOTOR, they could have made the game mechanics a bit more interesting...

Betting ME3 will be just a shooter? Who needs RPG elements in an RPG?

Besides Civ5 (which is awesome and crap at the same time), I haven't played any of the other titles so i can't judge much.

19. Darkefire

Darkefire What's a Dremel?

I would have put God of War 3 somewhere on the list. I loved JC2 to death, but the end to the God of War trilogy was nothing less than spectacular.

Was that last screenshot in the ME2 page from ME3? Because if so, it looks like I'll have to finally update my aging machine sometime this year.

20. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

hypnotize worked really well there.. if you played it and searched all the maps out and enjoyed the game- you got a pretty cool ending with flashbacks..

stalker I don't think was difficult.. it's just what pc games used to be like.. you could become pretty godlike after getting both compasses and balloons- compared to what console gamers expect, then yeah :D

mass effect 2 was really an enjoyable game.. I see what they did though.. the whole system was revamped from me1 so you don't have a choice in armors- makes it easy for them to write content to continue the series without having to include all those different models

so in a way it's watered down from the original.. but still a very cool game imo

scanning planets wasn't a step forward from actually going down on the planets.. I liked taking the rover in the original

Tags: Add Tags