1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Top 10 Games of 2010

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 16 Dec 2010.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Coming from the other thread about Deus Ex: Now THIS is troll. As is the jump to the conclusion of "lost all credibility" m'larky. I mean, knee jerk overstatement of the year?

Just because you don't agree with others doesn't make them wrong and you better than them, it just means you're different. Please try to put some effort into constructive contributions and not just exist to suffer purchase justification syndrome.

EDIT: Read Harry's statement

Fizzban likes this.
  2. Toka

Toka Minimodder

Wow, just wow.

Im assuming that the author just played the game through once, on the easiest difficulty setting. Presumably whilst also competing some other more important tasks.

Civ V has been one of the most rushed and imbalanced releases of 2010

Broken win mechanisms
    Broken mechanics
    Broken AI combat
    Broken CS bonuses
    Broken policy mechanisms
    Return of REX/ICS
    Broken GP (Scientist - slingshots)
    Broken units
    Broken civ bonuses
    Broken promotions
    Happiness and economy.... just good grief.

The game is being continually patched as the devs attempt to nerf ICS (in an attempt to not return us to the dark days of C3) to the extent that, even 3 months after release game mechanics are wildly different to the one you played last week.

Less said about multiplayer imbalances the better.

The readers who voted it into this list need to go back to C4BTS

The Bit Tech staff who reviewed it need to review this sort of game properly next time. Im guessing that when you review a fps you dont do so only on the normal/easy difficulty settings. Im guessing when you reviewed C5 you played through it once, on prince or lower.

Ill go back to C5 sometime next year. When its finally finished.

3. Kilmoor

Kilmoor lurker

Thank you for recognizing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP!
    I know most players aren't willing to invest in the game, and approaching a steep learning curve is something that the short attention span kids these days can't handle, but that's no reason to overlook this excellent series. I'll take 9th place. At least it's in the running.

4. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

No surprise that ME2 made the top.

I still think VVVVVV is one of the best games I've ever played though, disapointing not to see it there.

5. mastorofpuppetz

mastorofpuppetz What's a Dremel?

I never once mentioned anyone disagreeing with ME, i said the masses are generally stupid, if you had to deal wih the public you would know this. Maybe comprehension is not your thing.

6. mastorofpuppetz

Again:

I never once mentioned anyone disagreeing with ME, i said the masses are generally stupid, if you had to deal wih the public you would know this. Maybe comprehension is not your thing.Disagreeing and saying the masses are not that bright are 2 different things, another one who has comprehension issues.

7. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I deal with the public as part of my job, so you fail there. Sorry. And I comprehend fine, but apparently you don't. You STILL missed the point, but whatever.

8. mastorofpuppetz

The masses are braindead sheep, sorry. They just follow what the media wants them to.

9. Eggy

Eggy Minimodder

Mass Effect 2 was disappointing to me. I was expecting a better version of Mass Effect and though it improved on certain aspects, mainly combat and story telling. The lack of customisation and true RPG feeling compared to the original makes it not my favourite for game of the year.

Starcraft 2 was a big fanservice and I really enjoyed it but for me the best game was Fall Out New Vegas, warts and all.

10. Jim

Jim Ineptimodder

Fair list, in my view.

Oh, and let alone this year, Mass Effect 2 is the best game I have *ever* played.

11. mastorofpuppetz

Best game u ever played? LMAo, you need to play more games............

12. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

I thought it was good considering what's out today.. remember it's same peeps who made buldars gate- get ea more money with the cross platform stuff

13. sleeper52

sleeper52 What's a Dremel?

how com Civ 5 is on the hall of fame for best RPG but Starcraft 2 ranks higher here?

14. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Because the Top 10 is reader voted, while Hall of Fame is staff selected.

15. 0ldfart

0ldfart What's a Dremel?

My favourite all time ever game is actually a Flash game;

Desktop Tower Defense Pro

The game Ive got the most enjoyment from this year apart from that has been Blur

16. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

ME2 is an excellent game. The Firesomething DLC pack...not so much(I really regret buying that).
    I still think Baldur's Gate series need a revamp with the ME engine.
    Civ V...meh, got bored after a day or so.
    BFBC2-Great game, added plus is the fact that it's properly coded for PC's, unlike BOPS.

@masterofpuppetz, please keep you comments to yourself from now on, we know where you stand on things.

17. CowBlazed

CowBlazed What's a Dremel?

Bioshock 2 should not be up there, I'm guessing people just throw up games when they can't think of enough decent ones. BLOPS has no place in a top 10 either.

18. Wwhat

Wwhat Minimodder

When mentioning any PC based game I think there should be paragraph about what awful harm its copy-protection is doing to your system, it's a very important part of the decision to buy a game to know how much damage it does.

19. kazara1001

kazara1001 What's a Dremel?

Black ops Seriously, you must be joking, the biggest waste of space ever. I like my bugs in my garden, not in my pc.

Tags: Add Tags