1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Upgrading to add a GPU Waterblock

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WiryRocketeer, 17 Apr 2011.

1. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

A lot depends on what card you get. If you work on a rough principle that 120mm of rad will dissipate 150W of heat with good water temps and reasonable (1800rpm) fan speeds then e.g. if a GPU has a TDP of 300W and your CPU about 150W, assuming it's overclocked then you'd need a triple rad.

You can use the Skinnee test on a RX120 as the rough guide although it probably doesn't scale up as simply as my example http://skinneelabs.com/xspc-rx120-v1/4/ at least it's a starting point.

If you're interested in a GPU only block (MCW60) at a good price then send me a pm. It was in the Marketplace but no one was interested. You'd have to add ramsinks for VRM and VRAM cooling and still probably have to have a fan on them.

2. WiryRocketeer

WiryRocketeer Minimodder

Well, on idle, I'm getting around 25 degrees Celsius, and around 50 degrees Celsius on load (PRIME 95.) Thats with a YATE LOON 2200RPM 120mm Fan at 100% speed (quite noisy lol) and a 120mm EK Radiator. Also, thats a 2.9GHz, not 2.66 (default clock.)

3. WiryRocketeer

WiryRocketeer Minimodder

............:eeek: