1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Upgrading to add a GPU Waterblock

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WiryRocketeer, 17 Apr 2011.

1. WiryRocketeer

WiryRocketeer Minimodder

BTW guys, I'm wanting to upload some photos of my watercooling kit and my pc onto my other thread about how I got on with my watercooling system. How can I upload these photos, or in another terminology, show you guys the photos?

2. Kroy

Kroy Minimodder

WiryRocketeer likes this.
  3. WiryRocketeer

WiryRocketeer Minimodder

4. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

i used photobucket for mine :)

5. WiryRocketeer

WiryRocketeer Minimodder

I know it's a while since I last used this thread, but it's pointless starting a newer one on the same subject. I've finally got the money to get my GPU block and the bigger rad, 140.2. Would I be better off adding the rad and removing my current 120mm or keeping the 120mm and adding the 140.2? also whats the best config, meaning what order does everything go in? And Finally, will my pump be able to power such tasty rads ? :jawdrop: This is the pump & Reservoir I am using.....

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/ek-reservoir-combo-dcp-22
    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/ek-dcp-22-(12v-dc-pump)

6. WiryRocketeer

WiryRocketeer Minimodder

anyone!?!?!

7. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

If you've got the space then keep the 120 rad. Nothing wrong with having extra rads and will add minimum restriction. The pump might struggle with a GPU full cover block added to the loop but if you already have it it's worth trying it out before buying a replacement.

8. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

+1 to whst he said.

Also the order doesn't matter, as long that the res feeds into the pump, which it will :)

9. WiryRocketeer

WiryRocketeer Minimodder

Ok. What do you think would be the minimum rad size for gpu and CPU loop? And if the pump isn't sufficient, what res/pump would be recommended? Also, Block or FULL COVER. As my current reservoir only works with my pump! Finally, what fans are the best for rads, I prefer them to be quiet!

Last edited: 24 May 2011
  10. WiryRocketeer

WiryRocketeer Minimodder

What would I need!! GPU Wise. I mean the fact that the 5850 full covers don't come with any fittings etc.. So I'm confused as to what I need to make it functional:

http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/index.php

11. Big Elf

If it's just a single card then a couple of fittings are required but depending on your layout you may need a couple of 45º or even 90º extenders/fittings. You should get the blanking plugs supplied with the block. If you're using 2 cards then let us know so we can show you the fittings that you can get.

Edit: Can you create a sig, it gets confusing rereading the threads trying to work out what you're cooling.

Last edited: 24 May 2011
  12. WiryRocketeer

WiryRocketeer Minimodder

how do i do one of those

13. Big Elf

It's in 'User CP' then 'Edit Signature'

14. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

On the left :)

15. WiryRocketeer

WiryRocketeer Minimodder

is the alright?

16. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Perfect :) Now, what was the question... :p

17. WiryRocketeer

WiryRocketeer Minimodder

Ok. What do you think would be the minimum rad size for gpu and CPU loop? And if the pump isn't sufficient, what res/pump would be recommended? Also, Block or FULL COVER. As my current reservoir only works with my pump! Finally, what fans are the best for rads, I prefer them to be quiet! Also, what order does everything need to go in e.g. reservoir > Pump etc..

18. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Why not just put a XSPC RX360 in the roof of your HAF? That should be plent for CPU and GPU :) The order doesn't matter, as the loop will reach an average temp, the diference between 'hot' and 'cold' will only be a couple of degrees. As for fans, I use Gentle Typhoons, but people have been saying they produce wierd noises lately, so I don't know.

19. WiryRocketeer

WiryRocketeer Minimodder

I finally decided, as I don't really want to overclock the 5850, and idle temps are currently around 37-40 degrees Celsius, I think I'll stick with just the CPU Watercooling loop and my 5850 ref fan-As it's not very noisy and I don't want to spend £70 on a full cover, then £40 on another rad, then finding out my pump and reservoir is useless, so it'll end up costing £200 in the end! When later this year, I'll be upgrading to get a higher end GPU around November (Release of BF3!) On that note, would a 120mm RAD be fine with my cpu loop (i5 750 1156) or would a bigger one benefit me in any way.........

20. Sponge12349

Sponge12349 (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ ︵ ┻━┻

What are your temps like?

You would usually see a good chunk of better performance.