1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows World Of Warships

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by lilgoth89, 21 Apr 2015.

1. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Strange, I'm certainly not the only one with issue. There are a few threads on the World of Warships forums about it. The issue goes away if you disable SLi, someone suggested that it is a DX9 SLi profile or something like that. I couldn't however seen anyway of changing the DX version the game runs in.

You definitely have SLi enabled? On a driver update or fresh install it needs to be re-enabled.

That being said I did have quite a few issues with GTA V last night, so maybe there is some other issue with my system.

Last edited: 26 May 2015
  2. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

3. DraigUK

DraigUK Minimodder

Yes SLi is enabled and I don't get any such artefacting. Have you OC your cards too much or are they overheating?

4. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Nope, only factory overclocks, temps are fine. Here is one of the threads to show I'm not the only one: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/ind...n-port-menu-with-nvidia-geforce-driver-35286/

What are your settings like in comparison to mine?

Also, I know I'm being a pain but can you physically double check for me that SLi is enabled and you are infact running 352.86 using the nVidia CP SLi and System Information pages please? Just want to be certain before I start troubleshooting.

Last edited: 26 May 2015
  5. DraigUK

DraigUK Minimodder

No worries will check when I get home, you made me doubt myself so I did physically check SLi was enabled yesterday, but I'll do it again and take screenshots or something when in from work.

6. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Don't worry about it, just knowing you checked is fine with me.

It seems quite odd that the issue is specific to SLi but you are not having any issues. Guess there must be more to the problem than just "you have SLi enabled". Further investigation required I think.

7. DraigUK

DraigUK Minimodder

Yes you have me all paranoid about whether mine is set up wrong now. Hehe. I've not fired up Warships for a while now as been doing other things and Witcher 3.

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s485/draiguk/SLi%20enabled%20screenshot_zpsjhapcvh5.jpg

The one thing that is odd for me (never really took notice before, as well, it was working so...I didn't bother)
    is when going into settings, all the options that I definitely seen and set before (select resolution, window mode etc etc) are all blank.

So something weird is definitely going on.

Also I'm running triple monitors : the two to each side of centre stop working when the game starts so I think it is doing something weird...but as for flickering and all that no it is fine just played a couple of games.

Last edited: 27 May 2015
  8. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Mind trying it with a single display and "Maximise 3D Performance" set? It could be that using surround some how bypasses the issue. Should be immediately apparent in the port after switching between a few ships if the issue is there or not.

9. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

It might be the Surround setting you have, I doubt the game supports it yet. If you could try the above settings and let me know what happens that would be great.

10. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Having a cracking time going round in my Cleveland class. Commander an ship have a perks to improve the battery rotation. Having some of my best fights with this good speed turning and rate of fire. Only thing is everytime I use it I think of this guy.

[​IMG]

Speed likes this.
  11. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Been slowly climbing the US Battleship Line and finally found one I really like - The New Mexico at Tier 6 - prefer it over the IJN's Fuso. It is to the Americans at tier 6, what the Kongo is to the IJN at Tier 5, that is to say, best of class :)

Americans BBs start out pretty horrid stock but once fully upgraded get decent AA and very low turning circles, which is great for torpedo avoidance, even if they are slower than a civil war iron Iron Clad!

12. DraigUK

DraigUK Minimodder

Tried the above settings.

Couple of things :-

My left and right screens are no longer blank
    In the options the settings are back (screen size etc)
    The "artifacting" effect that you seen in your vid is now there.
    The options Resolution Aspect ratio is greyed out and won't allow me to choose the correct ratio to get the right screen res.
    Choosing different screen res options changes the aspect ratio on its own allowing more choices to be seen but is still greyed out.
    I had to choose 1905x1043 to get it close to the right size.
    Hope that helps!

Last edited: 27 May 2015
  13. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

I ran straight ahead and now making incredible bank from my penis cola.

14. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Thanks, appreciate the effort you've gone to. At least I'm not going completely crazy...

+Rep

15. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

ive just got the Cleveland, i REALLY miss having torpedos though, im used to the Omaha's speed of jumping out behind BB's that dont pay attention and torping them up the arse

i do like its increased firepower though

16. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Never got the hang of the Omaha to be honest, kept playing it a bit too much like a destroyer and getting finished off quickly. That being said I am rubbish though! lol

17. legoman

Fire power is a big plus I know what you mean about the lack of Torps, Im trying to use the Aoba class Jap with torps but finding the battery rotation too slow, hoping chucking a few perks at it will solve that.

Speaking of Torps ive started using them in a different way. Ships will actively steer away from them for obvious reasons, I was doing this the other night. Basically use torps to make ships turn or break formations this allows aircraft more change of getting in and doing damage plus hopefully someone will run aground allowing you to turn their ship into a firey mess.

18. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Well I take it all back, just had a monster game (for me anyways) in the Omaha. Admittedly a couple of the kills were a bit "kill stealy" and I'm still running premium, but a decent amount of damage done (63k total).

[​IMG]

19. legoman

Heads up for people who couldnt get a closed Beta Key, the Open Beta is now available! Sorry no links none of them work in the office So go goggle that stuff.

20. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!