1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows World Of Warships

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by lilgoth89, 21 Apr 2015.

1. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I fully expect the game to be chaos for a bit while all the new players learn the game. I'm sure it will be torpedo hell for a bit. I just hope all the bad elements from the WoT community don't flood it like a plague of locusts, it's been a mostly pleasant experience in the CBT.

Shame for those who missed out on the Atago, it's a really nice ship, the 203 mill guns work well with AP post the HE re-balance. At the moment, most games you play in it are full of other Atagos, Atlantas and Warspites, so it's hard to know how it will hold up compared to non premium their 8 cruisers but so far I really like it.

2. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Yup, even with the closed beta wipe in one of the first games I got team killed by a moron spamming torps not only out of range of the enemy ships but also BEHIND friendly ships. I wasn't the first one he hit either.

I can't say I blame them, the Atlanta especially is OP at the best of times even going up against good players.

Any news on if they will merge the two betas? Edit: Think I've answered my own question by logging into the CBT client and it no longer has any mention of the CBT.

3. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I wondered if the Atlanta might have been toned down a fair amount by the HE re-balance? Yes, I agree it was OP, the combination of insane ROF and more barrels than you can shake a sailor at, plus good mobility and decent AA made it a bit of a tier 7 beast. Like a cleave-land on crack!

I also have experienced the noob torpedo spam, it's a shame new players are not forced to play a tutorial and then a certain number of games against the AI before being unleashed onto open play. :/

On the other hand, I may have to take out my fully upgraded St Louise at tier 3 for some noob seal clubbing for the next few days - ha ha!

4. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Downloading now!

5. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

To be honest I wasn't even aware HE had been rebalanced lol! I knew AP was made to work but beyond that no clue.

Jingles's how not to suck should be required viewing for all new players before they are allowed to start playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOL-NwvY4MM

I do like the St.Louis but it doesn't stop me having awful games, last time I was abandoned on one flank and left to fend off three cruisers by my lonesome, didn't end well.

6. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

i just had a pretty good game in my Murmansk, it started with not the best matchmaking ( we had 3BB's and a carrier, they had 5BB's ) and we took a hammering, but the carrier player really swung the match ( as did me landing 4 torp hits on BB's ) but what cost them more than anything... was an AFK New York Class Battleship.
    i made sure he went to the bottom ( we were losing at this point ) by pumping 3 torps into his side

overall Result was
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And thats without a Premium Account

i just cant figure out what the Murmansk does worse than the Omaha, it has the same guns ( with 14.8km range as opposed to the Omaha's 12.7 )
    Torp wise the Murmansk wins as well, doing more damage ( 14400 as opposed to 11733 ) and with better range ( 8km vs 5.3 ) the only thing the Omaha has torp wise is an extra tube per side ( untill you get the Top hull ) and slightly better ROF

7. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Yeah, apparently, if I recall rightly from the patch notes, the 'chance for fire' from HE rounds is now proportional to the size of the charges and how much HE filament the caliber of the shell carries. Should mean destroyers can no longer repeatedly set battleships on fire.
    There is also reason now for BB's to use HE, as shooting at some targets with AP means the shells pass straight though the target and does little damage, or if your target's Armour is too great, you can now use BB HE to alternate effect. Also, if you hit a cruiser with 350-400 mill HE - it's curtains for them, doubly do if your lucky enough to hit a DD ha ha!"

Yes Jingles video is great, a benefit to new and ventran players alike, he is a real service to wargaming.net.

The St Louise is one of those ships that batter in packs, or when you can take advantage of the chaos to close the gap and get into gun range. The Rof on that ship would be OP, were it not for the fact the ship is slow as hell and handles like a stuck pig.

Nice result that!

8. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Odd, I can't get in? I thought this had gone to Open Beta?

EDIT: Weird. Trying a second time worked. Anybody free to play some matches with and walk me through basics? Do we have a BitTech division?

9. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Ah I see, it was a bit of a fire fest post the AP patch and it being made to work. Mainly as I think people were too lazy or maybe unclear on what they should fire and when.

Quoting images, tut tut! :p

Just had an epic game in the South Carolina. That "Your team is depending on you" or what ever it says when you are the last player left really does nothing for your nerves though! LOL! Thankfully it was winnable this time, usually its like 7 vs 1 but was this time it was 2 vs 1.

There was another South Carolina on 3/4 health and a cruiser of some description on about half health. Got very close to the South Carolina and the secondaries opened up, I did think he was going to do the smart thing and ram me but thankfully he didn't. I normally do awful in 1vs1 close range gunnery duels (despite how awesome they are :D) with other battleships as I never know where to aim for citadel penetrations. Thankfully tables were turned this time, he didn't know or didn't get lucky and I did. As soon as the BB was going under I turned my attention to the cruiser who started to do a runner but it was too little too late.

Had the cruiser done the smart thing hid while capping the three objectives we'd have lost. There is no way I'd have caught him at any point. It did take quite a few salvos to take him out but what made it immensely satisfying was getting him on the very last salvo before he got into cover! lol

Got a High Calibre and Confederate medals out of it, running a premium account but even so very pleased with the result. Usually I do awful with battleships.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really must enable replays.

Last edited: 30 Jun 2015
  10. lilgoth89

no division yet, but im free for a few matches if you want, im on steam / Teamspeak if you want to drop in

11. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

AAAhhhhh, I've got to download it all over again to now play on the EU server. Didn't think the clients would be different, just that you'd connect to a diff server.

12. lilgoth89

iirc its 99% the same game, only VERY small things change ( different specials mainly )

13. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I don't know if I fully agree with that, the basic structure sure but In WoT, being a Tier 8 in a tier 10 game meant you are often screwed from the get-go. At least in Warships, your guns are still good and can often cause decent damage, be it HE fires/destruction of batteries/secondary guns, steering and propellers etc, let alone the impact of torpedo from destroyers and planes.

Also, the plunging shots mean you can still crit or citadel ship above you in the tier packing order.

And so far - no premium ammo in sight, I hope it stays that way too!

14. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Managed to scrape an Omaha so far torp players are annoying me not knowing what they are doing namely had it a few times in my South Carolina getting a full salvo from friendly's at close range. Still suck with BBs though

Bar that seems to be OK trying some shoot and scoot action bt sitting still behind an island then hammering off an dropping some torps from close range, risky doesn't always work but when it does its great send out a staggered wall of torps they cant avoid.

15. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Think he means US vs EU but could be wrong.

I've been firing pretty much exclusively at long ranges to see how it goes. So far pretty good damage output.

16. lilgoth89

yeah i was meant to quote the guy above me about the difference between the NA and EU servers

in WOT the main difference is specials, but also the NA server is better run, better moderated, goes down less often, and has more pleasant folks on it ( just an observation )

17. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

I don't doubt it tbh, shame until recently my ping meant I couldn't even give the NA server a go.

18. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Reminds me i need to add it to my steam list!

Your all welcome to add me - Step83 on WoT and WoW

19. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

20. lilgoth89

[​IMG]

Supposebly a limit on 2 carriers per team

Myth Busted