1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Zombie apocalypse: survival plan

Discussion in 'General' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 9 Nov 2012.

1. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

You people complicate the things so much. A boat with anchor, fishing rods - then anchor the ship where the water is deep enough. Drinking water is all around you, if you are hungry (and lucky) you can catch fish to eat, and good luck for mindless zombies to a) climb your anchor b) swim to you. And for cooking the fish you could find yourself some islands in middle of the river with some wood for fire.

Of course it would be a boring "zombie survival" compared to your action-filled zombie killing rampage.

2. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

Sure but you a boat and a river. The only river at my disposal is the St-Lawrence, I wouldnt eat fish from such water, even if I was paid for :-/ I guess rivers are less poluted in Bratislava. ^^

3. bodkin

bodkin Overheating

Am I the only one that has read Max Brooks, watched all the films, thought about and decided...

Get infected, jump of a tall building or drink myself into a stupor and let the zombies do there thung?

Survival on training exercises was grim enough, without a supply chain and with an unstoppable enemy, life would just be such a living hell death sounds like a good option

Maybe I just give up to easily!

4. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Oh so you will rather fight hordes of zombies instead... Omg, maybe you will get cancer in 20-30 years, instead of being eaten alive by zombies in few days or weeks. Logic win :lol:.

5. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

With a little training you can reload a shotgun as fast as any other weapon and remember that you rarely in a pinch have 5 + box magazines lying around for convenient reloading.

A shotgun and a good 7,62X51 rifle (AK47's and ammo are much harder to come by here in europe) ammo easy to find and very robust weapons.

6. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

It's just not fun as fun to imagine that. If you're already imagining that zombies are real you may as well make it exciting. Truth be told in a scenario like The Walking Dead where there's little hope for civilization to be rebuilt I'd probably looking down the barrel of my own gun after a couple weeks if I managed to live that long.

A great book and movie on the subject is The Road. It's set in a post-apocalyptic world where the cause is never stated, but there's nothing supernatural about it. No zombies, no radioactive mutants, just humans in a world where civilization has collapsed after some crisis. This eerily realistic possibility makes fantasy zombie planning more of a fun way to thinking about what to do in an actual emergency.

7. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

I've found an Island in Bratislava, it seems to be a good place to hide.

[​IMG]

8. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

I think I'm a bit colourblind but where's the island? I can't see red on green or something..

9. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I just had a VERY serious concern about the Zombie Apocalypse:
    What if - and I know the chances are remote- but what if Dimebag Darrell came back as a Zombie?

I have spent the last 2 minutes thinking about this, and the sad truth is: If that's the case, Don't bother with me. I'll be with all the cool zombies - chilling with Dime, having brains for breakfast.

10. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

I have seen that film and it is like being punched repeatedly in the face, quite enjoyed it though. Its probably the most realistic depiction despite there being no zombs.