1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 25 Jun 2007.

1. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

Thanks for the preview, Tim! :thumb:

2. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Ooh... This is gonna be a nice and cheap upgrade from my E6300 :D

3. Nature

Nature Minimodder

You've been a sexy processor and are in need of spankings. You want me to carress your smooth buttery edges and smere thermal grease all over your silky metal head and insert you gently yet firmly into a my mother's(board) hot socket molded through evolution thats made only, and just, for you baby... and maybe you sister's. Awww yeah... Click the hatch down, put my big metal fan over you so we are cool when it gets hot. You know what I'm sayin' is what you wantin' baby. I got 65 nm (nice melodies) to play when we're operating at 100%.... Awww yeah... I'm gonna give ya my thick, black, powerful, 84% and higher supply of electric cabbling that will snake it's way into your discrete but erect connectors baby, and when we turn on, we gonna stay on, and make sweet love till Vista crashes... All night long... And you know I love your Fragile Sexy Body (FSB)

Last edited: 26 Jun 2007
  4. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

^^
    :nono:

O whatever....ROFL :thumb:

5. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

you guys seem to move these procs around a lot

do you have like a tub of arctic silver :p, and how fast can you build a computer now :p 5 mins ? (just wondering :naughty: )

6. Tim S

Tim S OG

AFAIK, we get through around two or three 12ml tubes of Arctic Silver Ceramique per year, mebbe more... I can't remember to be honest :worried:

7. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

woot cheap and fast CPU's

8. Doytch

Doytch What's a Dremel?

Does it support these 6750's out of the box, or will it need a BIOS update? I'm building a new box so flashing it by myself is impossible if I need to. Gigabyte's website didn't mention it and the support guys there didn't offer any hints either.

Also, do you have any idea if OCZ Plat XTC Rev2(2*1gb) works with those boards? Again, I haven't been able to find anything online regarding compatibility.

Cheers

9. Tim S

Tim S OG

Pretty much ever board I have plugged these new CPUs in hasn't required a BIOS update. Any of the P35/680i boards will definitely not need an update, but P965, 975X and other chipsets may well either need an update or need the front side bus manually set.

To answer your question, I am 99.9999999% certain that the board will work out of the box at the correct speeds with an E6750. At the very least, it will post (that's what has happened with boards that haven't advertised 1333MHz FSB support) and then you will just need to flash the BIOS/manually set 1333MHz FSB.

We haven't got any XTC Rev2 in the office but I believe the board was tested for compatibility with similar OCZ memory (well, they both use the same DRAMs). We usually plug Kingston, OCZ, Corsair and a couple of others in to test compatibility with every board.

Oh, and welcome to the forums :thumb:

10. Doytch

Doytch What's a Dremel?

Sweet :D

Thanks for the quick reply, too.

July 22 can't come soon enough...

11. Tim S

Tim S OG

no problem :thumb:

Tags: Add Tags