1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Mod of the Month - June 2007

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 29 Jun 2007.

?

Who should win Mod of the Month for June 2007?

Poll closed 6 Jul 2007.
  1. "Fibonacci Sequence" by Pfaffen

25 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. "Extreme Air!" by Zero_Limits

32 vote(s)
    19.5%
  3. "NNC" by Tjedi AI

16 vote(s)
    9.8%
  4. "Tube Radio PC" by s_q_u_e_e

46 vote(s)
    28.0%
  5. "Tikki Aquarium" by thechoozen

45 vote(s)
    27.4%
  1. Zero_Limits

Zero_Limits Minimodder

My vote goes to NCC, Although the end result didn't really suite my taste you have to admire the amount of work and patients that went into it!

2. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

True, they ain't technically case mods, but they do take a lot of skill to do well, whereas mods don't always (although there are many mods that take immense amounts of skill and patience like NNC). Building a case has become synonymous with modding, even if the community is turning more to building a case from scratch, I don't really see the problem with it since it's still a very impressive and skilled thing to do.

3. [WP@]WOLVERINE

[WP@]WOLVERINE What's a Dremel?

Zero_Limits Extreme Air gets my vote. I think that it has a huge potential to become something really special. I just love the design and i cant wait to see the finished case. Its always a pleasure to se someone with great skills in both building and designing do his thing :)

4. eldiablo

eldiablo What's a Dremel?

Really hard to pick one, great work to all of you guys.
    In the end i picked Extreme Air.
    Keep up the great modding, really enjoy reading all these worklogs.

5. Havok154

Havok154 What's a Dremel?

Haha, I looked at the closing date for the poll and became really confused. I was like, didn't June already pass, then I remembered this is an EU website. Silly me.

All look really good but I had to go with the Tiki.

6. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Mod of the month, but they are not finished mods. Im confused and just voted Tube Radio

7. Pretenda

Pretenda What's a Dremel?

:clap: My first post. Ive been folowing the Zero_Limits mod since the begining and am impresed and as others have said it has potential. I have looked at the other mods they are also great but my vote goes to Zero_Limits

Hope to post more soon

8. Tim S

Tim S OG

We've decided to support the modding community more from the early days because not everyone has the money to fill a great mod with some great hardware. And not everyone has the reputation to land sponsorships for some superb components to go inside the masterpiece they've spent countless hours working on.

One of the most, if not the most important part of bit-tech is the community spirit and we're really trying to push the boat out here by rewarding who the community thinks deserves to be rewarded for some great work. :)

9. jegerjon

jegerjon What's a Dremel?

Tim S @ It's funny you're saying this, because bit-tech has been the best community I've ever been on! People aren't talking down to you. It's like every one are on the same plain (except some few modding gods :hehe:) but that's what I like about this community, and I'll keep been active in here! Thank you for this.

BTW. I voted for the Tikki Aquarium, the idea is really cool, but also extreme air is a nice project. That's my to fav. of those :)

10. Tim S

Tim S OG

Hey, it's no problem - I don't feel like I'm being talked down to and I don't want anyone else to feel like they're being talked down to by me either. When we're discussing stuff, I believe that everyone should be an equal and everyone's opinion should count. Of course, it's up to me and the other staff to make the final decisions, but we're more than open to taking some suggestions on board.

As someone who started my bit-tech life as a forum member, I want to make a point of giving more back to the people that have essentially made bit-tech what it is today. :thumb:

11. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

So those that are just in the planning stages and have an idea what they want to do can be in "mod of the month" ??? Thats cool then.

When I mentioned finished mods, I wasnt thinking along the lines that the case has been finsihed excluding all the required hardware inside. I was confused because some of of them were not complete so you dont know what the final image will be to vote on, because at there current stage the modder might completly change the design near the end.

I voted on the Tube radio because that looks cool, dont care about whats in it. The rest are good but but we can only vote one, sorry to the others but keep it up.

12. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Sorta...Mod of the Month is for project logs that are active. :) Just an idea doesn't land you there - I go through the entire section each month and pull out 5 or 6 of the best mods in progress based on a variety of factors. It can't just be a pretty drawing or three - it has to be well underway. Mods that are completed in that month are eligible, but none that have been finished since before the month started. If you weren't working on it visibly in that month, it can't be entered.

One of the key things i look for is ratings..so get handing out the stars!!! :D

13. AC Ryan

AC Ryan What's a Dremel?

First of all, great to see the MOTM on the Bit frontpage. The Project Log Updates were always a nice treat for those who don't stroll through every forum thread, thereby missing some of the best work. Here at AC Ryan HQ we congradulate all contestants and hope to see further progress in all projects real soon.

As for the whole MOD and CON discussion... Casemodding has grown out of its box that it has been put into in the beginning. It started as boosting up functionality, but it's much more than that now. It's hard to call ANY casemod a caseMOD anymore. There are still projects that use some ATX case as a solid base, but what happens next is no ordinary modification, but pure art. In the end it still needs a name, and people just stick to the initial term casemodding. Whatever you call it, there is a huge amount of talent out there, and it's communities like Bit-Tech that brings them all together.

Good luck and have fun out there, cause that's really what it's all about!

14. tribaloverkill

tribaloverkill Who needs sleep,... bah.

CRAP! I'm to late!!! I'm still choosing even though it doesn't count. Anyways,... I hate choosing!!! You know how long it takes me to make decision like this!!! ARGH!!! These are all great computers,... so hard to decide. Of the 5,... I narrowed it down to 2. Tikki Aquarium and Tube Radio. Of the two,.... I choose,............. Tikki Aquarium. It so very cool. I like Tube Radio too but Tikki is veru cool:) Congrats and good job! Good job to all:)

15. DSquareD

DSquareD What's a Dremel?

I think that DAE_JA_VOO's mod "Epiphany" should deffinately have been included or should be included in next month's competition. It is by far one of the best "user" mods ive seen (by user i mean not famous but should be modder).
    Big ups to Dae_Ja_Voo. sick mod my bru. lekker. hahaha

16. Maciel Barreto

Maciel Barreto What's a Dremel?

I want to participate of the best mod of the August, do not know them to myself how it will participate, it would like q you were helping me please. embraces to all
    [​IMG]

Tags: Add Tags