1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Call of Duty 4 will do public beta

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 11 Jul 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

YAY! Happy days Oooooh Happy Days!

3. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

:D

That's good. I'm sure they do help with a game's development and most people are clever enough to just ignore the fanboy's with their silly comments.

4. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

IF it comes to PC..... like what happened to COD3

5. SPQQKY

SPQQKY Evil Modder

Yeah, I'm not excited at all here. I play games soley on the PC and when COD3 didn't go to the PC, I was EXTREMELY disappointed. COD and COD2 were my favorite games. I love WWII games, so no PC version, no love from me.

6. AcidJiles

AcidJiles Minimodder

only the beta is on the xbox 360. cod 4 is made by infinity ward who didnt do cod 3. this will just mean a better console multiplayer experience but IW know how to make a good PC shooter and they will with this. Its a PC -> to the consoles not the other war round :)

7. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

QFT sieg heil!

Likewise, when Ghost Recon went console-exclusive with the second installment, I just hated every sequel thereafter--was VERY pissed off.

8. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

GRAW 2 will be on the PC. In fact, it'll be entirely different and re-balanced compared to the console version.

9. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Why is everything being BETA tested on the 360? Whats wrong with a computer ??

10. wi_kru

wi_kru What's a Dremel?

Not a happy PC Gamer

Why? WHY? WHY? ::wallbash: is Call of Duty 4 not coming to PC??? This makes no sense, can anyone enlighten me?

11. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I was referring to the 2004 title, Ghost Recon 2. I absolutely hate every GR installment after that.

12. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

They just want to make sure that the game isn't too tough for our gamepad using cousins. I expect they will release the beta for PC as well, its not like theres really any extra work that needs to be done. They may not have the server capacity to run for two different systems, hopefully things will work out.

I hope this game knocks BF2 off its high horse, although the new Battlefield game looks 100 times better than this one.

Hopefully Activision/whoever-dev won't jerk us PC gamers around with crap like they did with COD3. Not releasing that game for PC was a total insult to COD fanboys.

13. Henk

Henk Uninformed Opinionist

Last time I checked, it was in the Ukraine :)

OT: I sure hope it's not console exclusive :nono:

14. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

The same reason I can't get PC preview code from some companies - security. The developers simply don't want people ripping parts of the game apart and modding it etc. They want you to pay for it first.

15. Aankhen

Aankhen What's a Dremel?

Why? WHY? WHY? :wallbash: do people not read earlier posts or do a teensy bit of research? :p

16. pillow

pillow What's a Dremel?

the company that made COD 3 also made big red one and the other cod for console. In a review of COD 4, the guy said that the publishers have the .exe as COD 3. I wish that they would do something liek this for PC, because this game should be a PC game only. Console should be lucky that they get it.

17. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Man I'm so tired of these "console-only" titles -.-

18. pillow

pillow What's a Dremel?

yea
    shits gay

19. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Erm, how can it be reviewed if it's not even out yet? And what "guy" are you talking about? Your mate on the inside? The crazy man on the corner asking for change?

Why should "console should be lucky that they get it"? Consoles make one hell of a lot more money for developers because they don't have to implement more anti-piracy measures.

Look here, you'll see that only one PC game has sold over 10million copies whereas lots of Console games have easily beaten that.

Why? Because the majority of the world don't have enough money to spend £1500 on a brand new top of the range PC to build themselves, they especially don't have £4000 to buy a prebuilt one.

The do have £300 to buy a new console and a couple of games.

20. pillow

pillow What's a Dremel?

not a review but a preview of the game in one of the pc gamer magazines, you know what the hell i meant. Is it not obvious that fps games are much better on pc and so they should come out on pc first and not second? and u can make ps2, xbox, 360 games if u have the right software.

Tags: Add Tags