1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News GTA IV to support 16-person multiplayer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 17 Oct 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

That will be good, if this is why its delayed then great because I would welcome this to a GTA game. Is it going to be co-op like crackdown or multiplayer like saints row??

I loved Multiplay on GTA 1 on PC over lan. Those were the days when mates would come round with their PC's for the weekend playing GTA, Half life, CS, Unreal tourny and Quake 3.

I loved getting in the subway train and crash into my mates subway train. wW would chase each other around the map for ages because the subway train goes at a set spedd lol but you could control it.

3. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Co-op would be so awesome, with 16 people? Niiice!

4. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

Joe Martin,
    "All we need now is some co-op, ok Rockstar? Then all other games will become obsolete. "

I agree. Playing it single player is good fun but when mates are over its a little less of a game we'd play, a multiplayer option would be awesome and adds longevity to the games playability. A co-op would be even better, double the trouble until the game has been completed thoroughly which is when the multiplayer online fun comes in. Awesome news and a co-op story line would be fat, something for the future maybe....if they did it all now, then we'd bitch in future gta's that there was nothing new despite the fact that this type of game will always have a fan base and younger generations get a hold of it.

peace

fatman

5. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

"The PS3 is a more powerful machine" OMG!!.....only in processing power, no where else does it out perform the 360.

don't forget that the developer has to design there own multiplayer software for the PS3, these libraries are already present with the 360 dev kit making life easier for developers.

6. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

So the comment is valid then? It is more powerful.

I will be waiting until someone who isn't a fanboy gives me a definite answer as to which console GTA 4 is better on. Obviously after the game is out.

7. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

So long as it's based in the city and not arena based like saint's row this will be awsome

8. CardJoe

9. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

better come out for pc first. (hates consoles)

10. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i am waiting for the PC version with 32 person multilayer games..... :D

11. CardJoe

Not a chance.

12. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

That is pretty old now though. Things change.

And yea, no way it would come out on PC first.

13. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

No game will ever be needed again....

if this happens of course..

Oh, and if it lives upto all the hype..

14. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

I do hope it's better than the POS multiplayer on SA. Although, there were a lot of things that could've been improved upon in that game. IMO it was getting a bit too old. 3 was revolutionary, although a bit basic in the physics(cars turning on a dime(cheetah in 3 and vice city)) no motorcycles or flying. I think Vice City was my favorite. Still had the lovely mob connections, and a host of improvements, made for a great game, in fact, i just replayed it this week.

15. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Meh, Rockstar will end up screwing their PC fans and cut out any type of multiplayer from the PC version more then likely

16. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

I hated the console gta games due to the poor draw distance and aiming but had great fun with SA and Vice city on the pc, fully completing vice city (everything!) but not sa due to the huge size. I think they should cut out the gf system and the whole stats thing It felt very bolted on. Multiplayer would be great but only if the whole city is like it is for single player as an empty city deathmatch like the mods is no fun.

17. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Does anyone know where GTA IV takes place or what the story line is??? do we go back to Tony or stay with CJ???

BTW 16 player multi. is going to be sweet

18. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

It's Liberty City and a russian mob guy(I think it's customisable, but that's just a rumor i've heard)

19. 8igdave

8igdave Counting down the days to November!

Why not paly san andrayes (how is tht spelt lmao) doesn't taht have a mod to allow you to play like 100 players?

20. CardJoe

Yeah, but it's not official and therfore not properly built and mods aren't an option to console owners.

BTW: San Andreas.

Tags: Add Tags