1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News HDMI gets new guidelines

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 24 Oct 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. quack

quack Minimodder

The majority of consumers will still be confused by it. Especially since "does it look good and how much is it?" is probably all they're thinking. ;)

3. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

BT have an indepth write up on DisplayPort, and shortly after there's a new logo requirement for HDMI. Hmm, I think the HDMI bods are worried about people finding out about DisplayPort!

4. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

Make a standard and stick with it, I am still running off of D-Sub and I am happy with it. I have seen DVI come and even now it isn't standard on all computers, HDMI is a DRM scheme with no great advantage besides it being only one cable, and display port is too new to even judge yet. If someone could just pick one and stick with it it would make it easier on everyone, based on what I read on display port it seems to be the best step to a standard that should at least be around more than a year or two in the mainstream.

5. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

Heh, I personally dont give a damn. XPSP2 + D-sub or DVI all the way baby. Not unless i am forced to upgrade to something like HDMI or Displayport am i gonna do so. And why call it displayport, when is has audio too?? that is what we have audio cables for. And seperate speakers. I still loathe built in speakers, they sound like übercrap

6. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

That's all I'd be thinking, tbh. I've hit a point where I don't really care exactly how it works so long as it DOES. Sure, I may only get 98% of the performance, but all of the time I'd otherwise waste trying to get that last 2% is no longer worth it to me.

7. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

You lost you true geek spirit!:jawdrop:

8. OleJ

OleJ Me!

Or maybe he grew up, got a job, a family, further interests, realized one of many truths of geeking?

Once you've realized what Firehed says, you've taken on a new perspective. A broader one that sometimes actually let you leetgeek the things that matter instead of wasting your time on things that just want to waste your time.

;-)

9. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i am going with display port..... its freeeeeeeeeeee..... :D

10. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

HDMI 1.4 baby, looks like sony will have to update there PS3....again.........

11. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

looks like MS will have to update their 360.....again.........

whether they go with v1.4 idk, since they are currently on v1.2......

12. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

looks like everyone will have to update their hardware..... again.......

Tags: Add Tags