1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So the 3rd was my birthday

Discussion in 'General' started by rito, 15 Jan 2008.

1. naokaji

naokaji whatever

yep... and then the wait for the next big event starts... the retirement party:D

2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Hm... that's my plan in a few years.

What? I'm on the Millionaire By 25 Plan.

3. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Don't worry, Rodney. This time next year, we'll be millionaires!

4. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

my birthday in a week im expexting some magical to happen maybe i'll become a super hero, or maybe i'll get up go to work, come home sleep repeat for another 50years

5. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Just remember, no birthday is better than a really crappy birthday. I had a whole run of those until 06, and then they got better. Age is a state of mind, and if by this point they don't bother you, then you won't notice them again until 30 or 40.

I guess being 29 makes me an officual old fart around here.

6. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

well in Canada when your 16 you can go for your g1 license which allows you to drive with someone who has had their full G license for over 4 years, i haven't gone yet, but i will soon, after i get my g1 i can go to driving school and get my g2 so i can drive on my own after 8 months of having my g1, if i don't go to driving school i have to wait a full year. After the G2, i can go for my full G which just makes insurance less expensive and a few other benefits but nothing major. Once im 17 i get into R movies, and once im 19 I can drink legally and buy alcohol. I live in Canada.

7. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

Glad to hear that the goverment has gone and made the licencing system even more complicated than what it was.

8. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

That is the worst and most complicated system i have ever heard of.

9. manjowithane

manjowithane What's a Dremel?

Happy birthday. I don't think people usually feel much different after one day.

10. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

birthdays never feel different to me :(

11. mansueto

Alright, 16 = g1 which is a simple written test, you need to get atleast 18/20 on the two sections. You pass the written test you get your g1. With your g1 you can't drive on highways, can only drive with someone who has their full G license for at least 4 years, cant drive between midnight and 5 in the morning, can not have any alcohol in your blood.

once your 17 or gone to driving school you can go for your g2. Now you can drive on your own, and you can be caught with only a little alcohol in your blood.

Finally you get your full G, must get it within i believe 5 years of getting your g2 or else you have to write your g1 and g2 tests over.

How simple is it for you to get your license?

12. Agamer

Agamer Minimodder

So what does the full g give you that the g2 doesn't?

13. Clocked

Clocked Yar! It be drivin' me nuts...

the ability to have learners in your car after 4 years?

mansueto does the timing have anything to do with winter driving? I know in some parts they make sure you've been learning through at least one winter

the uk now has a provisional liscense on which you can learn to drive at 17. You have to sit a thoery test, a hazard perception test and a practical test and i think i heard something about a requirement of ten lessons with a registered instructor as well. After succesful completion you be handed a liscense to drive quite a few vehicles including some motorcycles (with L plates) and some small lorrys (non articulated)

14. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

where are you in Canada? where i am you can get Learners at 15.5 if you take a Drivers ED class. take test and drive for 9 months with someone on full stage for 4 years. but here you have to drive with an instructor for a certain amount hours and also with someone else for a certain amount hours at day and night. then when 9 months up you take road test and you on Intermediate stage so you can be by yourself and a few restrictions. after 15 months you have Full drivers and are on probation for 12 months.

some has changed after i got my drivers but this is how it is here. it sucks that losers who are irresponsible wreck it for responsible drivers like me so we have lots of restrictions. oh well im on the 12 months probation so no restrictions. :D

but when i get motorcycle i get to go through it all (some is different) except Intermediate stage cause i did that on regular drivers.

it seems to vary in each province. :S

15. rito

rito What's a Dremel?

It looks like this topic, has turn to talking about drivers licenses.

16. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

I'd like to raise the question which to me seems painfully obvious:

Why would you expect to feel any different when you are 14 than 13? It's not an age where anything happens, like being legal to do something that you weren't before, or an age where you leave secondary education and head on to sixth form, to be honest it's just another year on your age, another year of experience and knowledge gained rather than a momentus event.

Maybe that's the best way to look at it, what do you know now that you didn't know a year ago? There will be something :)

17. mansueto

Ontario Canada, once your 16 and have your g1 you go to driving school, and you have to spend i believe 15 hours in a car driving with a "trained and licensed" instructor. Then you have your g2, for your full G you drive around on highway and everything for about an hour...

18. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Same here, a bitch aint it :)

19. G0RD0N FAN

G0RD0N FAN Jeff Gordon #24

Congrats on the B-Day! I wish I was 14 again!

20. loops

loops What's a Dremel?

Happy birthday (belated). I'm still waiting to feel different after being 18 and I turn 21 this year. Birthdays became dull as hell after I became too old to have jelly and ice cream parties :(