1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Nvidia Hybrid SLI follow up

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 22 Jan 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. naokaji

naokaji whatever

could it be that there is only one display supported because sli doesnt support more than one either? just a thought.

anyway, good article on a technology that sure looks promising (even though it needs some refining).

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

Nope, there is support for two displays... but only one can be digital at the moment because of the hardware limitations.

Nvidia is also working on multi-monitors for SLI too (Hybrid SLI will get that from the outset)

4. Darkedge

Darkedge Minimodder

so still basically for first iteration avoid. I mean don't touch with 50ft bargepole.
    I think all this could be done on graphics card and Nvidia as usual have gone for the expensive for customers, easy for them route which means buy new hardware for dubious results. Willing to give it time but even telling people now about what seems a fundamentally broken system seems pointless

5. naokaji

naokaji whatever

the way they are doing it you need both, a nvidia graphicscard and a nvidia mainboard for it to work, if they would have included a secondary weak gpu on the graphicscard for it you would only need to buy a graphicscard for it.

6. zoom314

zoom314 Minimodder

I'll have to remember that barge pole as I travel along the ole Erie Canal one day. ;) But yeah, It needs development still in the 2560x1600 and display port res department. :D

7. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

Well personally, i'm not at all enthused by this, However, it is early days, and there are many bugs to work out

Also, i note nvidia have been quiet on the XP front - again

8. Tim S

Tim S OG

I think it's limited to Vista because of the way it handles video memory in scenarios like this. It's definitely not limited to SP1 though - that's one thing I asked.

9. dmak

dmak What's a Dremel?

when they impliment displayport, doesnt that meet multi display will be easier? I thought displayport supported daisy chaining of monitors... or maybe that wa a future project. oh well

10. Tim S

Tim S OG

Yep, that's definitely within DisplayPort's remit, although I would imagine that you'll again be bandwidth limited when it comes to the resolution/number of monitors you can daisy chain.

11. Sark.inc

Sark.inc What's a Dremel?

How does daisy chaining the monitors work?

p.m me to keep thread clean :D

12. Tim S

Tim S OG

Tags: Add Tags