1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Research shows bigger screens are better

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 11 Mar 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

tell my bank account that, it wont agree atm

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I'm ahead of the game then.

4. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

I have enough inches. :D But i might need a bigger monitor.

5. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

"It's not the size that counts, it's what you do with it." is what i hear people say.

I say: I can do more with a bigger one! :D

... yes, ofcourse i am talking about monitors, why do you ask? This thread is about monitors! Monitors goddarnit! :D

6. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

Guffaw

7. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

So basicly: of you have a 24" monitor you can doe 2.5 hours work in a hour. If i work 8 hours a day for a half year i did a half years worth of work and go on vacation the other half...

8. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I agree with this completely - when I'm doing some work at home for uni that involves multiple documents and web pages I can spread them around on this monitor.

The university's cluster PC's have too small a resolution to have 2 pages abreast on-screen, so there's constant tabbing around for what you want to read.

9. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

The price needs to tumble down before I invest in a 24", fo sho.

10. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

My office has spent quite a bit of money adding second 19" monitors to the majority of it's claims and personal lines departments (I work for an insurance company) to increase productivity. The majority of people love the extra room and do feel more productive. Money well spent.

11. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

You do realize that the study is aimed at business owners, right?

12. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

as the only double screen user in the office, I'm therefore the most efficient and least likely to make errors out of the 70 odd people, time to ask for that raise. And with scientific proof to back me up how can I fail

13. 1ad7

1ad7 What's a Dremel?

I loved my 22", even going from a 19" and getting the 42" even with the text being a little different and the fact it was daunting in size, It really does make things a little easier, up the scroll speed. I think at a minimum you need to be able to open two full size word documents or spreadsheets up at the same time or its just not big enough for work.

14. naokaji

naokaji whatever

yup, which means we need to talk about quality monitors, not cheap TN panels, so bring on the 30" beasts from EIZO and the likes:D

15. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

So this article has helped me get a new monitor. I had no idea it'd be this effective!

16. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I run two monitors and I'm still out of room and still unproductive. I need a couple more to keep up with my megatasking blitz :D
    In the past, I ran an NEC 6FGp with a 2048x1536 desktop and got really good at task-switching (Alt+Tab) extremely fast. Now I just crank up my mouse resolution and click the windows manually. But there's never enough space to fit the windows.

17. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

last time a survey that said this came out, i added a 22" to my 17". does this survey mean i should add a 30" to my desk as well?

18. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

30" is cheesecake. Take it from someone who knows. I find it way easier to do things on my home rig than on the pathetic 15" or 17" screens we have at work (then again, having a really good SMP PC also helps).

19. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

While, I've never worked with mulitple monitors, I do feel frustrated at work with a 17in monitor. Currently running a 22in widescreen at home. Unfortunately, my company does not furnish the offsite hardware and I'm stuck with what I have. I just wish I could purchase my own flat panel and bring it in. I would definitely be much more productive.

20. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

having had a look at a couple of demo model screen (up to 24in) i would have to i think 30 would be too big for me liking, however a decent 24 is tempting (they only had cheap acers and the like on display, running from a crap source), maybe after i sell my car.

Tags: Add Tags