your most geekiest/loserest/greatest/unique achievement

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 21 May 2008.

1. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

ok, what's your most geekiest/loserest/greatest/unique achievement in computer games ever? none of that xbox achievement stuff, we're looking for unique things here. we're talking really unique.

eg,

completing the first level of sonic on the megadrive in 7 seconds (i watched a friend do this)
    playing 200+ consecutive rounds of soul calibur on the DC (a friend and I went head to head, first to 100. final score was 100-99, i won!)
    playing 100+ consecutive rounds of soul calibur 2 on the cube
    completing contra on the NES without dying and using only the machine gun (saw this on the net...OMFG!!!)
    100+ rounds of 1v1 baby park on mario kart Double Dash, 9 laps instead of the usual 7 (did this with a mate, final score was 50-99, i won!)

my most shameful gaming moment:
    "bawnslippy was slain by fire" in Diablo 2 online....the shame!

so go on, what have you done?

2. Glider

Glider /dev/null

3. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

oooh...MUd...i never played any of these, well before my time. what's it like!?

4. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Played through the awesome Rocket Knight Adventures on the megadrive so many times in succesion the incremental difficulty level went from Normal, to Hard, Very Hard, Very Very Hard, Maniac Hard, all the way to You've Been Playing This Too Long. And I still didn't die! OOOHHH YEAH!!

5. Glider

Glider /dev/null

Addictive :)

6. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

Played Chrono trigger over and over to get all the endings so I could record them on VHS. WAAAAAY before I could even imagine doing it on a computer ('96-'97ish)

I'd be simple to do now with an emulator and correct hardware, but it was a job bcak in the day. Play-beat-record.....rinse, repeat lol

7. Dave Penguin

Dave Penguin O hai.

Right - bit of a reedit - but this time I'm not being a tool.

Greatest achievement in Gaming ever? Completing the New Zealand Story. Years and years ago, quite young, and hours and hours devoted to completing that game. All for a crazy slideshow explaining how the Leopard Seal had finally been brought to justice.

Last edited: 21 May 2008
  8. Dave Penguin

Dave Penguin O hai.

On the topic of achievements in general - they're currently the bane of my life, after discovering the XBox Live achievements.

I'm (clinically) borderline obsessive compulsive. I lose sleep if I realise there are things that are incomplete or unfinished. As such, it's almost unbearable to leave a game for an extended period of time without unlocking all the secrets / achievements...

9. benjamyn

benjamyn What's a Dremel?

Without some cheats or exploiting some glitch (although I havent heard of any that let you finish the level quickly) this isn't possible

10. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

Managed to complete a speed run of FFIX in 9.5 hours, which got me a special sword, called the 'Excalibur'. Considering that the first time around it took me 41 hours, I thought it was quite a reduction.

11. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

ok, i may have been exaggerating (sorry for the tard spelling) just a little, but she took a pic of it and had it featured in games master or something like that...gonna try n find a vid of that now...

12. alastor

alastor Minimodder

I got my name in Playstation Max magazine for completing the Kirov Park Meeting mission on Hitman 2 in 42 seconds :D

13. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

14. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

ok, just looked at speed runs for sonic on yootoob and, i don;t think it was 7 seconds, but it was fast enough to get noted in GM.

15. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Yup I was just about to call ******** on this aswell, I remember years back there was a competition in games master to see if you could clear the level under 30 seconds, the best i could get was 32. 7 is a complete lie, even using the debug this isnt possible.

16. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

Well I completed the whole of MGS2 in three seconds. :p

17. Kurayamino

Kurayamino As long as the Raven flies

Thats possible though lol :p (seriously though very easy game)

18. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Getting to the stage where I can speedrun any of the old Looking Glass Studios games, plus the Fallout, Monkey Island and Deus Ex series.

19. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

I once did a guild wars farming that takes approximately 70 seconds to do (Rata Sum Raptor Nestlings run) for 16 hours nonstop (I wanted the asura title points)

20. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

QFT

Completing Repton 2 :rock: