1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

your most geekiest/loserest/greatest/unique achievement

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 21 May 2008.

1. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

completing grand theft auto vice city 100% lol...
    I love games but i'm not addicted :|

2. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

beat ruby and emerald weapon without final attack+phoenix (if you don't know what i'm on about, educate yourself) and i can also fit my whole fist in my mouth

P.s did anyone here do ultima or omega on the next one? and for the really hardcore- without hero drinks or aura?

oh and i also beat all the developers time trials on mario kart ds

Last edited: 21 May 2008
  3. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Don't know if I'm proud of this or embarassed by it but here goes:-

Cast your mind back to the original Half Life, on the chapter called Power Up, it starts when you drop down a broken pipe into the midst of a battle between some marines and a Gargantua at a monorail cart on a turntable. What you are supposed to do to kill the Garg is restore the power to the monorail so that when it chases you down the tunnel to the power controls it gets fried when you throw the switch.
    However the first time I played the level I didn't know this and somehow I managed to sneak past the Garg, get the power on and get on to the monorail cart and start it up all without getting zapped. I then jumped off the cart and let it run on into the barrier, beyond which there is a security guard waiting to tell you where to head for next, the Garg however exploded on contact with the barrier.
    The time I spent sneaking around that bloody Garg was unbelievable, I was sweating buckets for hours and when I flicked through the guidebook one day in Game I felt like such a **** for wasting sooooo much time on what turned out to be such a simple problem. Needless to say further replays saw me use the correct Garg disposal method.

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I've snuck past him too - just didn't see the passage. I've also killed him with normal weapons, which took ****ing ages.

5. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

6. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Sheesh, you killed a Garg with normal weapons??!!! How much ammo did that take?

I recall one time I decided to see if you could kill the one on the dam with what I had, I seem to recall firing everything I had at it and it was still standing. Even after after using the charged shots from the particle gun.

7. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

Actually it was 2:05 and on 00 agent. Ahh lots of Dr Pepper and popcorn with my buddy to get that one.

8. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

Yep, that's possibly my most geeky too. Either that or getting all 120 stars in Mario 64. Twice. :clap: (mind you, that wasn't a particularly hard thing to do).

Haha, I had that. My cousin had all the cheats though, I could never get the one on the train level (silver PP7). But I already had the gold PP7 so I never bothered.

9. eeevan

eeevan Dremel Master

10. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

A friend of mine had all Goldeneye achievements.
    As for me, maybe surviving against a friend playing as China Tank General while i was GLA on C&C Generals Zero Hour for over an hour (non stop attacks)
    I lost, but i didn't care. Other than that, no, nothing really.

Sam

11. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

100% on Gran Turismo 2, thats about it :p

RwD

12. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

them golden eye achievements were solid, i remember trying to do the jungle level where they had all them rocket turrets, that boss tanya and all the troops had assault rifles, must have taken me the best part of a week to do that on 00

13. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Are MUDs still really in operation?

(I can't get mine to compile anymore... they made some weird change to GCC in the last half-decade it seems)
    Beaten all of them at one point or another. Ruby is a piece of cake - it just took three hours and a rubber band. Once he sticks his hands in, he'll knock you to 1hp/1mp and do no more damage provided you don't do any weird attacks (KOTR I think would trigger your death, I'm sure there were others). Emerald is just mean.

14. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

Destruction Derby 1:
    In the race mode, there's 5 divisions. Two of the fastest opponents are The Skum and The Taxman, and they always join you in the top division. I was able to disrupt the races so dramatically that they were both demoted to the lowest division while still winning all races myself. I could do this with any two cars.
    Also, I succeeded once in getting Leraner Driver (the guy driving at half speed and wobbling down the road always) into the top division. Took me a damn week, but a black roof he had! :D

Ridge Racer Revolution. I drove a perfect lap on the smallest track, reverse direction. I used the impossibly fast white car, full throttle, never hit the side, not one mistake. I thought my head was gunna explode.

Final Fantasy 7:
    retty recently i re-played it, and completed the SCIENMNANE challenge. Single Character, Initial Equipment, No Materia, No Accessories, No escape. I even tried taking up Ruby with these rules, but failed, obviously :)

Last edited: 22 May 2008
  15. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

yep, i did that first time round. wasted everything i had on him. iirc, the next time i played i used the tram to run it over. third time round i figured you could fry it. a game's good if you play it thru 3 times consecutively.

16. PhenomRed

PhenomRed What's a Dremel?

17. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

I killed the garg with all my saved grenades, sachel charges and argrenades before i learned the chase me chase me method of disposal.

i can speed run half-life in 3 hours now.

RTCW - Kicking my way through on easy, 100% secrets, no weapons used apart from kick, i tried it and i had to eventually bind a macro to do a super kick (it does like 1000 kicks every time you press the button) for the final boss otherwise he rapes you with ghosts.

Last edited: 22 May 2008
  18. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

Goldeneye N64, Bunker 2, 00 difficulty, only throwing knifes (got right at the beginning from the grate on the right), no health lost.
    Best moment, ever.

19. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

ohoh, here's one:

6 seconds on minesweeper.:rock:

20. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

I must say i was very impressed with myself when i achieved those feats above. You guys don't even react.

Do any other posters get the same feeling? :D