1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Paperazzi: July08 MoTM - End of the road :)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by acey, 27 Jun 2008.

1. acey

acey What's a Dremel?

I will keep the same theme for the monitor and speakers

Lol its already got my trademark all over it. Its a very personal mouse, much more personal than any HP mouse hahahaha

2. acey

acey What's a Dremel?

Teaser. Too dark to take good pix.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I didn't kill it. Phew. More tmrw.

3. BlackWhizz

BlackWhizz What's a Dremel?

Damn, dude, ur pretty frcking good at paper + glue :) Compliments for this great mod!

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Painted your thumb too, I see.:D

5. acey

acey What's a Dremel?

Thanks mate. Still not good enough.

Yeah have to sacrifice the skin to hold the mouse while spraying certain parts. And I went for an interview this noon with an earlier version of that thumb which is darker than the pic lol

6. acey

acey What's a Dremel?

I fn hate this new can of clear coat. It lightens the color instead of darkening it like the old one did. Now the slime looks sorta pinkish purple damn. I'm gonna go hunt for the old brand soon and chuck the almost-full new one into the bin.

How its supposed to look like:

[​IMG]

How it ended up:

[​IMG]

Good news tho. On the verge of getting a new job and its all up to me whether I wanna take it or the other one. That means I can probably kick off the next project in about three to four months' time as I need to have some savings for myself first. Milked my account dry for this 4 months.

Left side view. Noticed the part which is a large patch of pink-purplish slime? I kept that part wide enough for my thumb to rest on. Fits nicely.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a right view. The first curve on the bottom is for the 4th finger to rest on. With the added molds currently my palm can fully rest on it without cringing the index and middle finger.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Front view. Ninja turles anyone?

[​IMG]

Yeah it feels rough and the ribbed part does its job by keeping the whole palm from feeling the full surface.I did carve away some excess on the sides of the click-pad (since its a joint piece I can't call it buttons eh? lol) as the right click wasn't feeling very smooth once the whole thing is screwed back together. And I took out the little bar for the scroll button. You know, the one that gives the scroll button the ticking sound. Now when I scroll it feels like I'm using a scroll pad instead lol cos its smooth scrolling.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OK, nuff of preaching and time to get on with the speaker base and the USB hub first. I'll leave the LCD monitor for the grand finale.

P/S: To Paperazzi's voters, a big thank you to all of you!

accro, Aceanuu, Anubus, Bindibadgi, Blademrk, Cheapskate, D3X3R, Da Dego, Darkedge, DonT-FeaR, DrumThumper, FeRaL, FrooP, Gh0stDrag0n, g_gimbert, highgeere, iwog, Jamie, Javerh, kenco_uk, kris5150, legoman666, MessiaH, milotic858, Mongoose132, Moriarty, naokaji, nOracle, Nuffenburger, OleJ, Oooo, Orlix, p0Pe, pietro, raGe82, saxman, Scirocco, slugbug, Smilodon, tomcatt, Tsen, xion

7. .Fatality.

.Fatality. What's a Dremel?

omg! this mouse kick ass! nice!

8. acey

acey What's a Dremel?

Thx mate. No updates yet, still waiting for the mold to dry for the speaker base. Not gonna paste the whole speaker/s up cos I'm not really sure what water would do to the wood the speakers are made of, but I'm pretty sure what water do to normal wood.

Its been raining day in day out for the last couple of days without stopping, and its so freakin cold that I'm having a full-day-erection. Dammit.

9. acey

acey What's a Dremel?

Minor update. Its been raining 3-4 days in a row and the weather doesn't permit me to finish this as soon as I wanted. Its dragging a 4-5 day job into more than a week as its very hard to get it dried.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More probably in a couple of days after its fully dried. OK, now its raining again. Dammit

10. flare

flare What's a Dremel?

wow the mouse looks good

11. acey

acey What's a Dremel?

Thanks flare. Been having some prob with the weather and clumsy hands... was supposed to finish the speaker bases today but dropped a can of 3/4 full spray paint on them and broke some of the spikes -_-"

Will finish them up tomorrow and have a slight update. I'd be goin away on a trip for about 8 days so I'll probably continue with the last part, the monitor, when I get back.

12. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

the mouse is amazing m8! i love this mod to the BONES! amazing what you can do with sub 50 bucks... thats true casemoddig

13. acey

acey What's a Dremel?

Weird.. this time the same can of spray paint didn't turn purple to pink. *scratches ass repeatedly* I tested a lil on the centre part and it turned out alright. So did the whole thing for the speaker base with the same can. Both are done now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I decided to chuck in 2 old UV CCFLs behind the LCD when I mod it so I inserted these old UV sleeve into the tubes. Well, I find it will be kinda boring if everything's brown-purple-brown-purple so I used green instead.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats all for now people. I'd be on a hiatus for approximately 8-9 days starting today till next Sunday for my trip. Hopefully I can grab some weird stuffs when I'm out of the country hehe. See you all when I come back. With the LCD mod starting.

[​IMG]

14. slackerXL

slackerXL www.SlackerXL.com

Everything looks awesome
    really like the vein like tubes on the mouse
    (maybe highlight them a little bit more with some neon green to match other tubing already used?)
    Really looking forward to see some claws grabbing onto yor LCD when you return

15. .Fatality.

.Fatality. What's a Dremel?

wow your skills are amazing realy awsome dude! 100% kick ass!

16. starbee

starbee BRNO 4ever

What you will to do now?Monitor or table or headphones?Cool project i give you 9,5/10 :rock:

17. jegerjon

jegerjon What's a Dremel?

awesome set-up you've got yourself there! the theme's really going into everything on that disk. nice job!

18. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

i really hope you dont do your screen, that mouse mat looks like a pain to use! lol!

But it is all unique, no copy cat mods here!

19. n0cturnull

n0cturnull Desperate to MOD!! =P

one helluva mod! :jawdrop:

all original and VERRRRRYYY SICK!! :rock: :rock:

say a little prayer before you paperglue your monitor :naughty:

20. Frido

Frido Minimodder

He he - only two things are missing.. The LCD and the table itself! HEHE (But wouldn't it be too much of the good stuff?)
    POLL: Would you guys like to see the table modded as well?!?!? Go answer it in this thread? (no hijack-attempt here, just opinion-haulin' :thumb:)

Amazing - nice job there!

/Frido

Tags: