1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Best moments from Left4Dead

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jordan Wise, 27 Nov 2008.

1. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

Seeing as its one of those games where you sometimes stop and think 'that was awesome', iI've decided to start this thread to share those moments.

My favourite so far was on expert difficulty on the campaign where you have to go across a load of rooftops, we'd just been mobbed thanks to a nasty smoker boomer combo and there was two of us left, and not in good shape. Finally getting to the last rooftop where you go into the building, we found a witch blocking our path. There was no way we'd get past her alive, no molotovs and naff guns. As we were trying to figure out what to do a hunter came from further back in the room where the witch was, and startled her. She chased him outside, ripped him to shreds and we had a safe passage. Absolutely awesome.

2. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

so far best moment, we;d just barely survived being mobbed by a horde and boomer, two of us were dead, another incapacitated. i finish off the last of the zombies attacking him and go over to help him up. halfway through helping him, a smoker grabbed me.

"arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" i said into my mic. too late to turn and shoot, incapacitated dude took smoker out with his pistol. we limped away and into the safe room, and it was awesome.

the was the other time last night when we were about to get into the lift on the hospital level, we were all in, but one of us was rather stubbornly doing a rambo and shooting all the zombies rushing us. we were all literally screeaming at him to get in the bloody lift, when he gets dragged off by a smoker, and we had to rush back into the fray to help him. after he was freed, we pegged it back into the lift with zombies flooding through the closing doors. it was awesome again.

3. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

First time through the Mercy level and I'm on the helipad. I clear out all the stragglers and I notice gas cans all around. I'm thinking "cool, I'll set these up on the ramp." So I do that and I call for help and the horde attacks. After a long fight the helicopter finally makes his approach. I run up the ramp and the team is running up too. The final wave comes and I blow the gas cans. I guess I misjudged the range of the fire spread because soon Zoey, Bill and Francis were down. I wanted to save them....but fire was everywhere....

Sorry guys!

I jumped on the heli.

4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Last night playing split screen with a mate on No Mercy finale. He got jumped on by a hunter, just as the hunter was shoved off him a smoker dragged him away. Someone killed the smoker, just as that happened a boomer vomited on him. I was laughing my ass off the entire time.

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

We played the last two levels of Blood Harvest at lunch and were doing fine. The APC came ot get us at the end when suddenly: Horde, Tank, Smoker, Hunter at once. Rich got hit by the smoker and got constrcited before we could get to him, meters from the APC.

Jamie, Harry and I race around the side of the farmhouse when the tank hit Harry onto the APC ramp and knocked him down. The horde came swarming around him. Jamie got into the APC and started covering me as I tried to get Harry up, but when Jamie was soon swamped and out of ammo. The tank was closing in and Harry was dead, so I backed into the APC. The tank was on the ramp to the APC and swinging like crazy. Jamie was in the APC, but knocked down when the APC started to move and the level ended.

The outro showed a floating tank where the APC ramp had been, followed by a proclamation that I was the only survivor. Nice.

6. Fused

Fused Minimodder

The funniest moment Ive seen was actually when my brother was playing the final part of Death Toll. Him and another were at the front ledge two were at the back ledge. When my brother goes round the back to help them he finds both of them hanging on to edge waiting to be pulled up (they were only 2m above the ground). It was quite funny at the time.

Waiting to have one of those special moments for myself.

7. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Blood Harvest last night, by far the hardest level imo. Speakers louder is a must so you can hear where zombies are coming from.
    Anyway the last stage where you have to defend the house/barn while you wait for the APC - we kept messing this up, usually due to 2 or 3 people dying to the second tank, and the last guy getting mobbed by hordes or hunters.
    So we changed our plan, and all covered each other properly, calm and collected.
    This time, none of us died, we took out everything with ease, including both tanks.

Bare in mind, I tend to rush more than most, and the 2 guys I normally play with, tend to snipe. And we never leave a witch behind. :p

8. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Too many of them to mention. Although getting our arse kicked by the AI Director on normal and having Joe complain it was "broken AI" as opposed to us being rubbish a couple of nights ago is a fond memory. ;)

Single handidly killing a tank with nought but pistols and 5% health, before finishing the level myself and saving everyone else was a proud moment on Blood Harvest. And it was on Advanced. Yeah, get me! lol.

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Best one was just now with randoms online: At the start of Blood Harvest as a Hunter, my other two team-mates spawned as a boomer and smoker - first guy boomers three of them, one drops back and I have him - take off all his health while two are fighting the hoard and the other is smokered. As I finish off my one I pouce and get another trying to help his mate up - finish him then the one on the ground is done by another hunter and the smoker kills the last guy.

Awesomeness in 2 minutes of pure team synergy :D

10. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

I love being the zombie side on versus Rich, taking the other team out really early is just pure win :D

11. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

best moment?

being the tank and with help of smoker/boomer/hunter, push almost every survivor off the heli-pad :D

also, in the airfield map, i got pulled away by a smoker at the very last moment, and my very good friend still came to save me, he could have got on the plane and said Good bye.

12. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

Too many to put into text. :p

I noticed however, that when playing with strangers, the first level, sometimes the second, there is few teamwork but when one reaches the final level the teamwork is there.
    Everybody gets that this is a game where a Rambo-like attitude gets you killed fast.

13. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

versus has some of the best moments tbh, when you get a co-ordinated attack as zombies its great :D
    one example from yesterday on the first section of no mercy, jumped off the roof as a boomer
    managed to barf bag the whole lot of them, then within seconds one of them got grabbed by a smoker, 2 more got pounced by hunters and the last one standing was overwhelmed by the horde :D
    versus ****ing rocks :p

14. Matticus

Matticus ...

What is funny is me and my mate where playing the game through around his, and left me at both those points.

I was doing all the leg work, I saved him from a tank and a hunter and a boomer and then I got snatched by a smoker just as the plan was opening and I asked for help and he just got on the plane. The *******!

15. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Best moments?
    last night playing 5 hours i think straight, up till 4am with friends close teamwork, and excellent fun!
    Thanks to fury<3, han, bindi was in there for a while and my two friends Svea and George Cross, an excellent game! We completed 3 of the 4 campaigns, got to the 4th room on No Mercy and Svea decided at 11pm it was time for her to get to bed, at 4am for us, i think it was DEFINATELY time for sleep haha.

Just awesome awesome teamwork makes this game so awesome, we failed the dead air first time, because me and Fury share the same get EVERYBODY out and leave no one behind, and we did for every campaign :D

16. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Woop :D
    Was a good game, some damn good teamwork for once too :D

17. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Damn right it was, made advanced feel SO much easier than it ever has!

18. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

Funnily enough, a couple of nights ago, my team all managed to get on the plane in Dead Air after an epic battle where we were hanging on for grim life. I was first on, but did my best to cover for the other guys as they came on board.

One guy fell just a few yards away, so I ran an fought off the horde while another guy revived him.

Imagine our relief when we all made it on board together. Imagine my despair when everyone got the Dead Air achievement except me - one guy took an unnecessary pot-shot at a distant boomer and him me instead, so I was incapacitated inside the plane. F*cksocks!

Last night was better: on one Versus round, we got a sum total score of 17! But managed to bowl them out for 14 - the furthest one was perhaps 20 yards away from the starting safe house.

I'll be glad when new maps come out - with so few, you quickly learn your favoured routes and tactics, but nothing beats those first play throughs where you didn't have a clue where you were going.

19. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Too true, not to say i'm bored of them, but unless your playing on expert (at which point you need to play with people with half a brain - we kicked a right noob last night, kept doing stupid stuff!) it does get too easy.

20. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I now have a most stupid moment in L4D award following a game last night. We were trundling through Dead Air on Advanced, doing actually quite well, lots of health, and were near the end of the second level. Leading the way, I was making my way through one of the buildings when I heard a strange low growling, grumbling noise coming from a closet.

"What's that?" I thought. "It's not a Boomer, they slurp, it's not a Smoker, they wheeze, it's not a Hunter, they scream, and it's not a Witch, they cry. Is this something new? Is this something I'd not seen before? What enemy makes that kind of noise? I must find out!" So, I opened the closet and had a look.

It was a tank.

Feck.