Xbox 360 Fallout 3 is Hard!!!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by culley, 29 Nov 2008.

1. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

I do hope you're talking about the missile launcher... :eeek:

2. twentynine

twentynine Can never win...

Haha. Thats why I carry mines. Just back peddle and drop em.

I find myself sticking to a couple weapons. Lincoln's Repeater, the Combat Shotgun, the Missile Launcher, Sydney's Ultra SMG, frag grenades, pulse grenades, and bottle cap mines. With those I can handle anything and still have lots of room left to carry stuff I've picked up to sell.

3. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I find them a lot easier to kill if i DONT use VATS. Using VATS they move so quick they are always on top of you. I just back pedal an unload a clip from my chinese assault rifle which normally kills them.

I think my biggest mistake earlier on was heading into gray ditch and being surrounded by fire ants with nothing more than a 10mm pistol and some grenades. :duh:

4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Same here, I have a little bit of a bigger selection though encase I run out of ammo for one type of gun (happens a lot to me).

Favourite is Lincoln's Repeater and the Combat Shotgun. I keep a hunting rife (not the standard one, it's quicker and more powerful, can't remember what it's called or where I got it) for when I run out of magnum ammo. Also have an assault rifle and sydney's ultra but I barely use them.

Is the Chinese assault rifle less accurate than the regular one? I always thought it had more spread but I could be mistaken.

5. Haramzadeh

Haramzadeh Son of Sin

I have only one piece of advice: THIS IS NOT AN FPS!!!

Don't run into combat like you would in Half Life or Crysis. Use the boosts, VATs system, buddies and switch between weapons for a good mix. VATs is almost like a 'dice roll' where you could get a really clean kill on one dude in one shot. So use it and exploit, especially in the harder combat situations.

But DO NOT run into battle doing the typical strafing, grenades, headshots and fast movement that you would in an FPS. You will die real quick.

6. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

A good gun you guys might like is The Terrible Shotgun, it does 80 damage fully repaired and with small guns at 100.
    http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Terrible_Shotgun

I'm a weapons whore here's my inventory

10mm Pistol (to repair my silenced)
    10mm Submachine Gun
    something Blaster
    Blackhawk
    Bottlecap Mine (5)
    Chinese Assault Rifle (x2)
    Dart Gun
    Big thing gauntlet
    Fat Man
    Flamer
    Frag Grenade (25)
    Frag Mine (6)
    Hunting Rifle
    Laser Pistol
    Laser Rifle
    Lincoln's Repeater
    Mesmetron
    Missle Launcher
    Nuka-Grenade
    Occam's Razor
    Plasma Grenade (9)
    Plasma Mine
    Plasma Pistol
    Plasma Rifle
    Pulse Grenade (18)
    Railway Rifle
    Reservist's Rifle
    Rock-It Launcher
    Sawed-Off Shotgun
    Shishkebab
    Silenced 10mm Pistol
    Stabhappy
    The Terrible Shotgun

:p I like a variety.

7. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

I generally carry around 5 - 6 guns,

Chinese Assault rifle
    Sydney's Ultra SMG
    Gatling Gun
    Plasma Rifle
    Laser Pistol
    Combat Shotgun
    A few pulse mines and a few frag/bottlecap mines.

I alsa have Tesla Armour/Helmet at the moment, but it's starting to get a bit decrepit, so will be back on power armour unless I can find some more.

For melee,

Nailboard
    Supersledge
    Chinese Officers sword

8. pistol_pete

pistol_pete Air Cooled Fool

There seems to be a giant radscorp around every corner by the time you get to level 20. I've got Fawkes with me at the moment and he laser gatlings them all, but still they're pesky. All you can do if you're on your own is the reverse circle strafe and pour clip after clip of 5.56 into them.

9. pistol_pete

Is that it? I couldn't live without my sniper rifle. I carry pretty much everthing but the pistols and lasers (go for plasma). Even a Fatman and a Laser Gatling. Ang a Minigun and misslelauncher.

I took super strength for one of my Level up perks so I get an extra 50lbs of stuff, plus I've got Outcast power armour (after killing a lot of them during my 'red mist' period) which gives you 2+ strength to carry more.

Sishkebab is the only melee worth having!

10. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

remember you can jump inot your pip boy at any time and eat a load of candy and rad roach meat, then just deal with the rads later.

dude, combat is not THAT difficult when you can pretty much just stop play whenever you want and pick headshots, change weps and take health and buffs. use your gamer head.

11. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

Yep, that's pretty much it, I keep all the weapons with common ammo, 5.56, 5mm, shells, electron packs etc, And I have no problems dispatching enemies, even behemoths, I don't think there are many left (killed 3 already). I find the sniper rifle degrades far too quickly too, energy weapons are where it's at. Plus, it helps me keep plenty of space for picking up dozens of parts to trade for caps/other things.

I was using shishkebab for a while, but I took the gore perk where things explode into chunks etc, and the superseldge is a party piece ;)

12. pistol_pete

I took that too. It was fun for a while but now I'm getting bored of hunting for the tiny bits of body parts left over to scavenge from.

13. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

What's the point in this other than coolness? As far as I can tell, enemies seem to be deaf when it comes to gunshots. I shoot someone in super duper mart, massive bang echo's through the mart, no-one notices.

14. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

yeah the ai isn't that smart in the game.

15. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

But if you miss your shot completely, they will all notice. It has to be a 1 shot kill.

When it's silenced you can miss, I think. I don't use it a lot. But I'm pretty sure if you miss your shot they won't be alarmed.

Also coolness factor. I like the silenced sound.

Now all they need is a silenced shotgun in the game, like in no country for old men. :lol:

16. twentynine

I too find the sniper rifle degrades rather quickly. Also, I'm not sure why, but I've never been any good with the sniper rifle. Even in VATS I missed.

Another thing, just a word of advice, pick up any ammo you come across...even If you never use that weapon. The ammo doesn't weigh anything so it doesn't count against you. Even at the end the game I had over 2500 rounds of ammo for my assault rifle even though I used it on a regular basis. That way if you're ever in a jam you can pick up any weapon and run with it. I had to explain that to one of my buddies who played the game, he never noticed.

Maybe a slight spoiler ahead...I'll blank it just incase...

At the time of my last post I wasn't at the end of the game. During the last two/three missions I used only the plasma rifle and tesla armor. Even with only 30 points into energy weapons I was getting one shot kills when aiming at my opponents heads. Sadly once you finish the last mission you can't play anymore. Even if you don't sacrifice yourself. :sigh:

17. pistol_pete

That is annoying. Having done that I loaded an old save, because there's still bits of the map I want to explore.

I thought about starting again from the begining, but it just wasn't the same, I knew where everything was and what everything did. There's not the same fear.

18. twentynine

Couldn't agree more. I tried to start a new game and I knew exactly what to do. Having greater insight into what skills to tag and where to put my points made the game so much easier, even on harder difficulties.

19. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

Dont bother with vats and anything scoped. just hold the right mouse button to zoom in.

20. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Couldn't get the hang of the scoped weapons myself, just couldn't aim very well with them.