1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bit Tech WoW Guild?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Pookeyhead, 8 Dec 2008.

1. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Is there such a thing? Is there an interest?

Just a thought.

2. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

I pray to god there isnt, it might tempt me back to the virtual hellhole that WoW is

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

BT is above wow :D

no need to go that low

4. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I'll take that as a no then :)

5. djDEATH

djDEATH Habari gani?

hahaha

despite this being uberg33k heaven, i think i agree, we are above that, or at least i certainly am.

my housemate once tempted me into installing it with a free 7 day pass or whatever it was, we set up LAN-style and began, him taking his level 65 Elf Hunter and me following with my level 0 dwarf, spent about 5 or six boozy hours playing it, and at the end he was like:

"you're hooked now arent ya!!"

i laughed so much i nearly cried, i had spent 5 hours running up and down the same roads carrying little bits of nothing between characters, really wonderign where all the excitement was, he was loving it.

Start > Control Panel > Add/remove programs > WoW > REMOVE

edit: i had a girlfriend at the time, he didn't. go figure

6. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

I have an open account, play from time to time. I can say I'm probably the most ADD wow player ever. I go in bursts >>. I have had an account since 06, but still don't have a 60... I end up usually playing when my brother or some friends from work are playing.

7. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I've never actually played it. I have a new roommate who plays it all day. I hear him talking to people too, I assume the game has voice built in?
    Guy never leaves his room....
    Me on the other hand, I went out with some friends to get wings. God the server was hot. I mean really freakin jaw dropin hot. Dont have that in Wow.
    I assume...

8. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

I don't think Bit-Tech allows discussion relating to drugs/drug use.

9. djDEATH

djDEATH Habari gani?

say what now (cough)

10. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

Level 70 tauren Shaman right here, burning steppes, couldnt find a decent raiding guild so I've stopped for awhile, I love WoW its a great game and only adictive if you let it be.
    Oh and for the record, I have myself a gf ;)

11. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I'd buy wrath and join if there was. Atm I've quit WoW (go ahead matt - enjoy it ^_^) because it's boring without the social dynamic. Grouping with nice people is the only thing that makes WoW endure once you've done the actual levelling. Nobody I know plays, and most people on my server are (a)foreign, (b)preteens or (c)horrendously arrogant and embittered. So I'm outta there.
    A good guild with a common history outside WoW would make the game awesome, for me, but such things don't happen that often. Me and a friend tried to start one - two months and two hundred inactive members later, he gave up and left to join a major raiding guild. And thus my interest in the game waned.

70 paladin on Laughing Skull, for what it's worth.

12. *mat-ster*

*mat-ster* What's a Dremel?

Hey Jerry I would not poke fun at you :thumb: because I would be poking fun at myself...

I had 3 lvl 70's maxed out! (No really MAXED out, was in a great elite guild of friends) - but could not face the grind for 20% of game time actually having real good fun....for the expansion, no thanks.

The game mechanics are screwed (thats why they keep tweeking them) and it's just not realistic + I hated getting ganked by 4 rouges :wallbash:

I stick to my opinion rewarding game time not GAME SKILL & CO-OP. Hell if a group of five 10 year old kids can do all the Heroic d's where is the challenge!

Corner pull, Tank - errmm all a bit silly really where is the AI like left 4 dead. IMHO the only real test of a group (Pre-WOtLK) is the 5 guys on sunwell. (with a slice of luck depending on your group).

I was offered £150 for my account but deleted them......

Matt

13. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

i genuinely believe the actual game part of WoW is not what most people are in it for, it must be for the social element.

because lets face it, if you're playing this for the gameplay you must be in some sort of waking coma or vegetitive state

14. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Bit tried to have a wow guild ages back, but it didn't really take off because everybody who plays wow already has a guild and didn't fancy levelling up anew on a new server.

For the people who (ONCE AGAIN) turned this thread into a "I hate wow because of x, y and z - and I played it once and didn't have the willpower to stop". We don't care, this thread isnt asking, THAT.

15. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Best value game on the PC, bar the Football Manager series.

16. boiled_elephant

<3

Also, re: new chars, if we were really up for it we could just figure out which server has the most of us on it, then everyone else pay and transfer their characters over. I'd be willing to do it if it meant a good group of people to play with (not least because Laughing Skull is worthless).

17. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

18. knuck

knuck Hate your face

the exact same thing happened to me. At some point i was actually just letting my caracter follow my friend's and I minimized the window so i could do something else because it was so god damn boring

19. djDEATH

djDEATH Habari gani?

this isn't a hijack. poking fun is far lower than that

20. boiled_elephant

Same here. I don't know anyone on my server anymore - people move, get new jobs, quit, transfer...bleah. Crompers is correct - the social element is what makes WoW. I'd be interested in starting again if there was a good guild being formed (joining existing guilds is cold, awkward and pressuring.)