1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. Lian Li Lover

Lian Li Lover What's a Dremel?

Or spend £7000 on a fiesta.

2. dom_

dom_ --->

3. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

But imagine what it is worth now! £7k!

4. AFX

AFX "Bling" Silver Mountain 2

Its a 2002. I also have a 2000 Plymouth Neon LX.

[​IMG]

Update: Found the only picture I currently have of my neon. lol

[​IMG]
    By afx, shot with BlackBerry 8100 at 2009-02-03

Last edited: 3 Feb 2009
  5. Mighty Yoshimi

Mighty Yoshimi Motormouth

If you trust the work ;),

when you do that much to the engine you wanna make sure you uprated everything to handle the weight and power

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I would've thought people on here could appreciate that it's not about how much it's worth, but simply being like that which brings satisfaction.

Most of us spend silly money on over-the-top computers with parts that cost as much as a car every few years.

7. Mighty Yoshimi

Mighty Yoshimi Motormouth

i agree,

My car eats an alternator per year, which takes 3 hours to change. The stepper motor looses it's marbles once you change the alternator, then the battery has a hissy fit cos of it:p

The joys, but i love my car, worth every penny

8. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

I agree, you'll never accumulate that money back, but thats not the point, its yours and youve made your mark on it.

You put your foot down and it makes the noise you like, props to the work done if thats what you wanted it like.

I allways say with my car, as the value of it doesnt really decrease, but is more likely to increase with the work done on it, that i am spending on it the cost of depriciation that i would expect to incur with a newer car.

9. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

As those above me have said really, I know people who've bought Seat Ibiza's for 7k IHI turbo'd them to 350bhp at the wheels which cost around 20k all said and done, with suspension strut braces etc.

They've never seen that money again, its just the pleasure of knowing you've got a hooligans tool that will outpace almost anything on the road (Ferraris and Porsches come to mind) and you know everyones got there own thing, at some point I'll spend more than my cars worth getting it to 200 bhp with appropriate chassis & suspension improvements.

10. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Finally dug out some pictures of my car. Except the exhaust system being a little louder than I wanted I'm very happy with it.

MK1.5 1.6L Ford Focus in Tonic Blue (one of few 05 reg, last batch off the production line)

[​IMG]

EGR Side Skirts
    EGR Front and rear valences
    EGR Spoiler
    17" ST170 Alloys
    Full Stainless Steel Magnex Exhaust
    Colour-coded all round
    Clear side indicators
    Depo Smoked Rear Clusters

[​IMG]

Mirror Polished rocker cover
    Mirror Polished Oil Cap
    Mirror Polished Battery cover
    Stainless Header tank cover
    Chrome Strut Brace
    Uprated Samco Blue hoses all round
    ST170 Snorkel
    2L Air deflector

11. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

The ST Alloys look so good. Wanted some for my focus but its Y reg, and there’s little point with its current millage.

12. Alekoy

Alekoy Ostekake!

My 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 4,7L V8
    [​IMG]

have gotten ridd of the chrome pushbar-thing on the front, it keeped hitting the ground (off the road) and also the goverment don't really like them..

so it looks like this atm.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 6 May 2009
  13. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

They are quite easy to pick up cheap now if you look about, £300-400 a set with tyres...

should always be able to sell them on as they are nice wheels.

14. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Coming up for 2 years since I bought the Mustang... and all I've done cosmetically is fit stripes. I just think it looks right as it is. People always say lower it and fit bigger rims.. but nah.. to me it wouldn't suit it. It's a muscle car, not a track weapon.

Anyhoo... latest pic.

[​IMG]

15. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Why are your back tyres in good condition? lol!

16. gar

gar Minimodder

In all seriousness though pookyhead. How does it handle our roads. Also, how do you go about getting parts for the car?

17. Alekoy

Alekoy Ostekake!

Basically, it's a modern car, so it shoud handle the roads like any other car, and parts are thru Ford dealers, I don't see the problem.. :p

oh, there is ONE problem... it isn't MINE! (damn those Norwegian taxes...)

18. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I can see why people suggest some bigger wheels pook - I'm not a big fan of the small-wheeled look. Then again it's your your car, to your taste! :p

Still looking awesome though, I love that colour of 'stang.

19. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

It handles better than you would think. It's a common misconception that US cars don't handle. It's only shortcoming is the live rear axle, which can upset it if there are bumps mid bend. Grip is very good, even on the stock P Zeros. You have to understand what the Mustang is meant to be... a muscle car. The extra unsprung weight of a live axle is actually a benefit if all you want to do is launch off the line quickly... which is what it's all about. Having said that, it's been around Oulton Park a few times, and it's no slouch! It's no Lotus Exige either.. but all in all.. it handles well. The brakes are as crap as other Ford's though: Immensely powerful, but quick to fade. There are a plethora of brake upgrades for it though, even upgrading to the GT500 brakes is a massive improvement... but for that you need bigger rims.

Parts are no problem. Loads of places here supply parts for Mustangs, new and old. Regular service items are even easier, with oil filters being the same as the V6 Mondeo etc. In the rare event you can't find anything... just order it from Stateside.

They do look good with bigger rims, but 20s are too big IMO.... too blingy... dare I say it.. too ricey. If I do, it will only be one inch larger... from 17 to 18. Muscle cars have smaller rims, and fatter tires... they just do :p

Because I baby it :) I've done the odd burnout, but generally... I just cruise :) They are noticeably more worn than the front however. It's also only done 8500 miles from new. It's a summer only car... never sees the wet, and runs away crying when there's salt and grit on the roads :)

20. gar

gar Minimodder

Thats pretty good then. I was just wondering after Richard Hammond had reviewed the.. Dodge challener (or is it charger?) I thought it looked so cool and agressive which is to me what muscle cars are supposed to be about! :)
    Your car look pretty great and in mt fav colour. The stripe is nice and not too obvious. Yea thats why I was asking too cos I thought it would handle quite well. It's like this. People don't think mk4 astras (quick ones) don't handle well, but I find mine does and was better than my dads focus. Maybe it's down to opinion!
    Glad it's not too hard to get part tho!