Hardware Akasa Enigma

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 17 Mar 2009.

1. Turbotab

Turbotab I don't touch type, I tard type

It's not all bad for Akasa, they can always use the case to test their cpu coolers!

2. mooseguy

mooseguy Crazy Moose

3.7CM *surely*!

3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Many typos in this review. Not the best case, not your best work.

4. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Care to point them out so we can fix? - It should have been heavily proof read.

5. Turbotab

The explosion in popularity of netbooks over the last 12 months should be proof enough of our love for all things tech and tiny, but the Mini-ITX form factor is also enjoying continued growth as people look to build their own mini-media PCs or workstations.

There may be more, I have not got time to check, **** happens, not a biggie:thumb:

6. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I guess you could say my first love is mini-ITX. I've been doing them since C-3 processors. I really have to agree that this case is "less than well engineered". Airflow, cabling, parts layout is just all wrong.
    Look at Cubid, or Travla cases for examples of what to do right. I said right not perfect.
    For a $$ don't matter look at Psile.

I've built many ITX systems - even one H2O cooled one :D

This case is just wrong given the state of the mini-ITX boards. We will see Atom dual core 330s, better AMD processors coming but I think the I7 may be a ways off.
    Until the mini-ITX 2.0 spec is fully implemented we need to look forward to a case to support that. PCI-E, more power requirements.

My $0.02

john

7. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Looks like they've been sorted since I posted.:thumb:

8. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Ninja edit skillz :D

9. Turbotab

Did you you read my comment?, if so, does the second paragraph of the article seem right to you?

10. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

To a Colonial paragraph 2 reads fine.

john

11. Turbotab

As written. "The explosion in popularity of netbooks over the last 12 months should be proof enough of our love all things tech and tiny, but the Mini-ITX form factor is also enjoying continued growth as people look to build their own mini media PCs or workstations."

The underlined section does not make sense, it needs to be written. 'proof enough of our love for all things tech and tiny.

12. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Nope, it's perfect English, either way works.

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I liked TTabs, so I dropped in the for, but either way worked - depends how you read it.

14. Turbotab

Hope I didn't cause any offence, just the way I read the article. It just goes to to show what a minefield the English language can be, we need to adopt a more straightforward means of communication, maybe binary, it works for R2-D2:)

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

If it was just one way we'd all be bored, but on the plus side no one would have invented text speak or some regional dialects to abuse our ears.

16. ffjason

ffjason What's a Dremel?

Its a fun case to mod.... i've got a core 2 system in one and its running at sub-60C with 100% load 24/7. Completly stable. I do have 3 40mm fans on the vent side attached with zip ties though. They are noisy as hell but keep it cool. It did work without the fans 24/7 but it was in the 75-80C area and I wasn't comfortable with that 24/7. I also have a heatsink-fan on my chipset and on-board graphics chip.

Also with my setup there is no space for a dvd drive so its currently lacking one and using an external when necessary (rarely).

Tags: Add Tags