1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Zotac GeForce 9300-ITX WiFi mobo

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 18 Mar 2009.

1. pimlicosound

pimlicosound What's a Dremel?

I like this, but I'm disappointed by the poor HQV performance. I like the feature set, but I don't really want to add a large, hot and hungry discrete graphics card to improve video playback.

Given the Intel board's higher numbers in just about every test, I think I'd rather take that. It still has a PCI-E slot for adding a TV tuner card or a sound card.

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It's not poor, just below perfect, and the fact it has a PCI-E slot unlike many mini-ITX boards means its upgradable too.

HQV is only important for sources like DVD and TV - it'll not affect avis or mkvs.

You should invest in a soundcard or use S/PDIF for this board though.

3. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Sorted! Thanks!

4. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

have you ever tried one of these? Got one in my rig, seems to work fine... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SATA-and-IDE-...14&_trkparms=72:1121|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

5. logan'srun

logan'srun following the footsteps of giants

am I dumb, or is this chart on pg 10 wrong?

you say "It comes as no surprise that the GeForce 9300-ITX WiFi draws less power when playing back Blu-ray movies. Clearly with the significantly higher CPU load during this task, Intel's G45 motherboard turned out to be a fairly inefficient in comparison for this test."

but in the chart it looks like the Intel board outperforms the Geforce all the way in heat comparisons. Are the names switched, or am I just missing something?
    Please explain. . .

6. TARIKK

TARIKK Minimodder

So whats the final decision ? Intel or Zotac ? :)

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

62 versus 79 for GeForce and Intel on BD playback.

Intel has a lower load and idle power though.

8. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Question on the hybrid SLI, if i was to fit my GTX280, would the system with hybrid SLI enabled power down my GTX280 during desktop usage, saving my power consumtion.

I think this is what the new macbooks do, and tbh would be a worth while investment for me if the board features such ability.

If this is so, then a HTPC that has low power but the ability to fire up a powerful gaming card when needed would solve alot of are needs.

9. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

I've modeled this thingy in sketchup and see how small I can get a case wrapped around this thing with a PCI-E Gfx and some watercooling :dremel:

A test with an E8400 and a GTX260 would be really cool to know what this board is capable of :D

And as my previous poster mentioned.... is this board capable of shutting down/throtteling your PCI-E GFX while not needed?

10. N19h7m4r3

N19h7m4r3 What's a Dremel?

I want this for the ultimate Lan rig NOW.

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Hybrid SLI effectively doesn't exist any more, and a GTX280 in 2D mode only uses 20W iirc

12. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

Make sure to post that model in the sketchup components collection!
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=46003

13. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

You can find the *.SKP in the SCC-thread now ;)

14. Gizmo1990

Gizmo1990 What's a Dremel?

Does anyone know if this has rock solid HDMI output? ie will it always work when connected to a LCD tv?

15. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Is anyone using one of these yet and what do you think of it so far?

I was considering replacing my current setup (2nd in my sig) with this board and a lower wattage dual core like the E5200. I want to reduce the overall size of my current setup with 8800gts (passive) intact and still keep it near silent and reasonably cool.

16. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Anyone?^^^^

17. simonw

simonw What's a Dremel?

I'm thinking of getting one of these boards for a future mini-ITX build. I read that this board also allows overclocking, does anyone have any examples of the overclocks they have achieved?

18. robert3353

robert3353 What's a Dremel?

Hello All,
    I currently have a mini itx sytem made up of the following components in a custom case.

Zotac GeForce 9300-ITX WIFI motherboard

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 processor

4GB DDR 2 memory (2 x 2GB)

one Fujitsu MJA2500BH-G2 500GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Notebook Hard Drive

one SONY Black Blu-ray Burner SATA Model BD-5730S-01 - OEM

EVGA Geforce 260 video card.

and since space was not a factor I am using a standard 550 watt ATX power supply

I am designing a custom case and cooling system to create a car pc but before I really get started I need to pin down the actual power requirements that this system will require. I only need to figure out what the actual power requirement will be for just the main board, CPU, memory and HD. The Geforce 260 will only be used in a desktop environment and the Blu-Ray writer will be installed in an external case that will plug into a usb port. I am a retired aircraft technician and my confidence in my knowledge of electronics is not all that high. I probably know enough but I would rather be safe than sorry and not purchase something that will not work correctly and then have to buy something else.

I read a review of the Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 processor @ 2.66GHz where they were looking at the performance increase in comparison to a Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 1.86 GHz . In this review they found that the Q8400 at idle power draws 89 watts and 137 watts under full load. I do not imagine that when set up as a car pc it will ever get taxed very much, I only plan on using it for accessing the internet, play mp3's and a gps moving map and perhaps if I have a passenger a DVD or Blu-Ray movie.

I am designing the case to be quickly removable from the dash of the car similar to a removable HD tray in a desktop pc. Along with this I am also designing a docking station to enable the use as a desktop pc and to easily install my Geforce 260 video card so I will truly have a gaming rig similar to my i7 gaming system that I built back in the spring. With this in mind do any of you know if you can power a video card with a separate power supply than the one powering the mother board? According to EVGA the 260 needs to have 36 watts of 12v power supplied by two 4 pin connectors. I am concerned that the largest car pc power supplies I have seen so far would be powerful enough to power both the pc + the Geforce 260 video card. EVGA as well as a power supply calculator on Corsairs website say that I need a minimum of a 550 watt power supply with this set up along with the Geforce 260.

Any assistance you could give would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Robert

19. BlueCat57

BlueCat57 What's a Dremel?

Just read that the V2 version of this motherboard overclocks the 9300 to 9400 specs.

Wish I didn't read Robert's post. I was thinking of building an HTPC for the Master Bedroom. Now I'm thinking of one for the car AND portable enough to bring inside. Hmm. 15" or 17" LCD. Fixed mount between the front seats so the kids can watch. OH! my head hurts!!!! I just realized that if I use a video card with Eyefinity on it I can have THREE! monitors in the car. I have two kids and could use one for Microsoft Streets and Trips GPS. Then you find a way to get connected to the Internet while on the road and you've got no reason to own a home! Put this in an RV and say goodbye living in just one place. Too much caffine today. Better get back to reality. But the potential is there.

Tags: Add Tags