1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL April fools planning...

Discussion in 'General' started by kingred, 22 Mar 2009.

1. Major

Major Guest

Nexxo, you can't chuck everyone into the same bucket regarding cancer, if Hitler got Cancer during WW2 would everyone start supporting him and send him flowers with "Get better Soon me old chum"?

Somehow, I don't think so.

If someone hates or dislikes someone, and they die due to a illness etc, then they will laugh, make jokes, and even sometimes celebrate because of it. It's how most people are including me. Anyway, thought I put that in a nice way... (not being harsh or mentioning names).

2. Mr Mario

Mr Mario What's a Dremel?

A funny one a read somewhere was to:
    Create a new folder on the desktop labled something which would be ebarrasing for the person ie "sexy men" or something and do a print screen, now save this image as the background and delete the "sexy men" folder. So when they see this new folder they won't be able to delete it -it would work better if the person doesn't know much about computers.

I have had some good ones done to me: like lasgane sheets under my bed sheet and pillow case, and litterly everything in my room wrapped in cling film. The best one I ever did was to re-assemble a guys room at the back of my colleges main lecture hall (was a small college so we were able to do it in the time the guy was in the shower).

3. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

Please. Don't compare Jade Goody to Hitler. The only case it serves to help is the suggestion that you are a moron.

4. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

5. Major

Major Guest

Sorry, I never knew ignorance existed on such a high level on this forum.

Please tell me, where I compared anyone in my post, to Jade Goody.

Do you know what an example is, or should I explain to you?

But, you made me think about it, and Jade Goody, was a hated figure like, Adolt Hitler, both are hated and loved by many, so actually, they are quite similar arnt they?

6. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

The point at which Hitler enters any argument is the point at which that argument should end...

7. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

You've no reason to think me a fool, so please do not treat me as such.

You made the aforementioned comparison as soon as you used the widespread (and certainly justified) hatred of Adolf Hitler as an example of a situation where people making jokes about a dead person on the very same day they died would be acceptable, due to this hatred which is fuelled by the Public's knowledge of Hitler's incredible lack of morality and unbelieveably evil machinations.

It is hardly a reasonable comparison to make, considering Adolf Hitler was a 20th century Genocidist, Racist, Facist and is generally considered the most evil man who ever lived. A man who people have every right to loathe, hate and feel absolutely no sympathy for. Jade Goody is a 21st Century Z-list British celebrity who contracted Cervical cancer and, being a mother, rather poignantly died on Mother's Day; a day which would usually be a happy occasion for families. Whereas the family was left to mourn her death all day, instead of celebrating her efforts as a mother. Jade Goody may have said some hate-filled things in the past, and perhaps some stupid things, but no more than most other people. And this is no reason to be so disrespectful as to joke and make fun of her death, and her family's grief, on the very same day she passed away. Regardless of whether you like her or not, she doesn't deserve such outright disrespect.

You most certainly did make a comparison between Adolf Hitler and Jade Goody, and as you can see now (and should have seen before) such a comparison is completely and utterly absurd.

8. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Sorry to say but those ideas would just make me want to punch you in the face, they're not even remotely funny.

9. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Those are quite schoolboy actually :) Happened a lot in my p.e. lessons.

Look guys, if you cant come up with practical joke suggestions don't just start arguing about jade goody please. If you are bored go have a ****. I think nexxo wanted to express the difference of laughing about cancer and jade goody. Its ok to laugh about goody, but cancer is kinda hard to see the funny side of. if it has sides.

10. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Didn't want to post in this useless thread again.
    But sir +1.

11. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Not really liking the way you're going with all your posts so far..

But either way.. on-topic:

Change someone's desktop background to the broken LCD one, move off all icons and hide taskbar.

Change the "My Computer" shortcuts to execute a shutdown command with 1second delay.

Generally I'll look for something a person uses or depends on a lot and then change it.

I've also changed friend's ringtones to sex sounds, and called their # in middle of class :D

Unplugged keyboard/mouse.

I'll think of more later

12. Major

Major Guest

CBA to argue... :)

Last edited by a moderator: 23 Mar 2009
  13. Matticus

Matticus ...

<---On Topic
    This Thread--->

As for April fools jokes, just do funny silly stuff. Hiding peoples things and then putting them back and then hiding them again just to confuse them for a while.

Stick coins on the floor and see if people pick them up.

I think the more innocent the better.

14. Major

Major Guest

Make loads of shortcuts on a desktop, print screen, delete shortcuts, make the PS the wallpaper, watch and have fun.

Works with a lot of people ;)

15. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

It snowed a week I was away and everyone was sick so the sidewalk wasn't cleared of snow. the snow has since turned into ice.

hehe, I hope I am there when my landlord reads it.

16. mr00Awesome

mr00Awesome YEAH SWEET LEMONADE

Cut the sticky strip off the top of a post-it note(or just use tape) and place it over the eye of an optical mouse.

17. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

You can only do this ONCE in a marriage, but ...
    Lift up the lids on the toilet/loo and carefully stretch Saran Wrap (nearly invisible) tightly across the top. When your significant other makes her trip in the middle of the night - be prepared for Bloodcurdling screams and excessive bad language. There may be violence.
    You are warned.

john

18. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

Lol, fixed.

19. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

When you cannot joke about the darkness of life, that's when the darkness takes over.

So, you ask, should we joke about cancer? Dead babies? The Holocaust? Jade Goody?

Have you seen Life is Beautiful? That movie is not a joke. It does not "make light" of the Holocaust. It shows how humour exists in darkness. How it must.

Humour saves us. Humour is one of the strongest weapons that human beings have against suffering, death and fear.

20. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

anyone got a good joke regarding traffic and court? I have to go into Court for a traffic violation and i have to go in on the 1st. Just something to make a few giggles, nothing that will get my ass held in contempt.