Peripherals Gaming Headset?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by docodine, 28 Mar 2009.

1. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

I've been trying to find a decent headset to use with TF2, and to watch movies and listen to music with, and I'm not too sure what would be a good choice.

Turtle Beach Ear Force X-52, Koss SB45, eDimensional Audio FX, or anything else.

Removable mic would be nice, so I can use them with my iPhone.

If there aren't any responses in the next hour or so, I'll probably go with the Turtle Beach set.

2. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I quite like my Creative Fatality set, even though I hated myself for buying something with the name "fatality" on it. If you can get past that, though, the bass is nice and responsive, it sounds great for games, has a nice long cable, an inline volume & mic control, and a removable mic.

Only thing is, don't get it if you have a markedly large/wide head, as it's quite a snug fit. Makes my ears ache after more than ~3 hours of playtime.

3. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Yeah, I looked at the Fatality set, they are just a bit out of my price range. Do you think they're worth the extra $10 over the Turtle Beach ones?

I don't really want to be in public wearing something Fatality branded..

Last edited: 29 Mar 2009
  4. popotheflyingpanda

popotheflyingpanda What IS a Dremel?

lol, i play tf2 all the time with my cheap @$$ 10$ skype head set, and there have been no problems so far :D
    but any way I do know that in the audio area koss makes some good cans,
    but those fatality ones look cool
    good luck purchasing

5. Diosjenin

Diosjenin Thinker, Tweaker, Et Cetera

If you haven't made the purchase yet, I definitely recommend a set of Steelseries. I have this set and they pump out amazing sound quality, especially for the price. I'm pretty sure the next step up from these would be something from Sennheiser in the $100-$150 range.

- Diosjenin -

6. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

i'll be purchasing the plantronics gamecon 777 soon, unless anyone advises against it

7. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

im currently looking at the creative hs-950 and the plantronics 550

thing is for me they have to be comfortable over glasses and MUST be usb (sick of messing around with mic levels). hs-950 are winning me over atm

8. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

My wife bought me a set of senns "gaming" phones which were both comfy and sounded good. I sent them back though as i already had a good set (senn 555) and a cheapish usb mic, which tbh is the way i would recommend. Get a good set of headphones and a mic then you can use the 'phones any where without looking like a pilot wannabe or worse.

9. [PUNK] crompers

i have nice inner ear phones for my mp3 player, a usb mic would just be more junk on my desk

no i defs need a gaming headset

10. Jenny_Y8S

Jenny_Y8S Guest

I second that, I have a pair of 5H V2, they are brilliant.

http://www.steelseries.com/int/products/audio/5hv2/information

Wonderful sound and great mic quality, and that braided cord.... you gotta just love that cord!

I use the non USB version directly into my onboard audio, would no doubt be even better with a decent sound card.

11. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I was stuck between the siberia and the 5H V2, but I ended up going with the siberia since a friend had them, and i love them, mine with my xonar take the cake as best headset audio i've ever experienced, though I wouldn't mind a bit more bass out of the box, nothing software can't fix

12. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

13. [PUNK] crompers

very sexy but $250? buy yourself some cheaper sennys and a nice new keyboard or something

14. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

It's called "MSRP" for a reason... as in "Manufacturer SUGGESTED Retail Price" ... I never stated how much I paid for them.