1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Do you want adamantium claws? (100% more Wolverine goodness)

Discussion in 'General' started by glaeken, 30 Apr 2009.

1. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Last edited: 1 May 2009
  2. Major

Major Guest

A little Off-Topic, haven't watched the vid yet, but in the trailer, when he pops out of the tank and his blades come out, as he stretches his arm, the blades on the right slice straight over his arm, surely it would rip his skin apart. ;)

3. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

BECAUSE IT'S MUTANT HEALING!

4. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Didn't he poke holes in himself in the Statue of Liberty? Young guys heal quick.

john

5. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

lol, cookie?

6. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Entertaining, but merits a NSFW tag since it contains gore comparable to Terminator 2.

It's true, the claws would suck. Most superpowers would suck when it comes to normal life - the famous "sex with superman" piece, Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex comes to mind:

link

7. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

They never did explain how that would work back in the 50s and 60s comics. There was a Superman - Lois family at one time with flying toddlers.

Probably didn't want to investigate the actual act of impregnation.

Come on the dude can reverse planet rotation, hurl asteroids into a star, but safe sex?

Blow Lois's head into Eternity.

A visual there I think.

john

8. glaeken

That's the secret of Superman. He goes through prostitutes like they're water.

9. Akava

Akava Lurking...

Then throws them into orbit to dispose of the remains...

Back to the original post; that pretty funny, i think i would go for the mutant healing out of the two though.

10. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Superman and Lois Lane? It's be like a shotgun fire point blank into her uterus.

11. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

Ok, to point out the obvious errors in that video.

If they had an adamantium skeleton implanted their skulls would also have adamantium wrapped on them and thus wouldn't be able to punch through each other's heads. Also the adamantium skeleton wasn't a Mutant power, it was implanted as part of the Weapon X program.

The claws however are present as a mutation but were bone claws. This along with his regeneration ability allows the claws to be effective.

Now, if it were me. I'd have said we'd take whatever, get the claws, then stab the other dude and have healing too. $100k sorted.

liratheal likes this.
  12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

The only way he could do it, the superman/lois thing, would be a turkey baster, really.

I mean, Superman/human sex is simply an impossability, unless a kryptonite condom was worn (And secured to supermans person, so it didn't fly off).

Also, +1 for Lorquis.

Wasn't the mutant healing was what kept Logan alive during the weapon-x program, and subsequently the whole adamantium infusion stuff though?

I mean, having flesh peeled off to provide access to the skeletal structure, in such a large scale, would cause massive amounts of death to someone with no accelerated healing power surely?

Lorquis likes this.
  13. Lorquis

Personally any amount of death would really kinda screw things up for anyone tbh...

My gripes are just that while yes Logan had claws (Bone) and healing as a natural mutation as it were, adamantium is an artificial addition provided by the program in either the Cold war or 'Nam depending on what you read..

Not withstanding the 4 claws that Sabretooth had implanted (with one the broke in one of his arms, not sure on that tho) plus I'm not sure if he had claws to start with like Logan... It's all a bit confusing at times.

@Liratheal: Y'like.. rep++; ? :)

14. glaeken

/nerd
    In the tv series the adamantium was fused with his body. They didn't peel back skin, it just sort of integrated with him

15. Major

Major Guest

Meh, Hulk powers 4tw. ;)

16. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

how would they do that? :confused: surely they have to take his skin off, and put the metal around his bones

admittedly i'm not a massive fan so i'm looking at this in a sciencey way lol

17. Lorquis

Razor sharp claws and healing powers vs. being a green muscle Mary wearing short shorts, with a constant hunger.

Let.. me... think......

18. glaeken

IIRC they either melted the adamantium with heat or sonic waves inside the water chamber...

I don't think there was a lot of thinking going on behind this...

19. Lorquis

Didn't they use carbontanium or something of a similar name to slow down his regenerative abilities or am I thinking of something else... I'm pretty sure it's used as a kinda "kriptonite" deal but just reduces the regen ability

20. glaeken

Hells yeah! :clap:

The wolverine origins are on youtube. The first video has the scene where he gets adamantiumized...