1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Need to keep a lid on things

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Loom, 29 Apr 2009.

1. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

Clearly you need to freeze dry the sandwiches and then take a bottle of water with you. Like a pot noodle...only with sandwiches. :hehe:

2. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

i'm not sure what led you to believe that this is an acceptable solution, but i assure you that it is not.

edit: i suggest duct tape. and lots of it.

3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

You know those bags you put clothes in and fit a vacuum cleaner to to suck all the air out? Well, make a smaller version, shove the sammies in and then suck all the air out. You might need to put a filter on the hole, as I could quite imagine you'd lose all the sandwich filling otherwise. An advantage is that you could probably fit about 16 sandwiches into the box, rather than 4.

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dont look at it letting it go mouldy,

Just eat it, Tasty

5. Red 5

Red 5 What's a Dremel?

Wait, is that a fried egg? You're taking a cold fried egg sandwich to work? +rep.

6. Digitalize-

Digitalize- What's a Dremel?

You Need Sandviches, drill a hole in the Top for the Toothpick to come out.

7. Loom

Loom What's a Dremel?

Four cold fried egg sandwiches. Soon it will be 16...

Macros_the_Black likes this.
  8. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Soon you will be catching up to my 5K calorie maintenance diet. Keeps my weight stable but 6-8 small meals a day wear you out. I eat like a bodybuilder just to stay here.

The food is good.

john

9. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Ok then, since Loom is a pig and wants to eat like one, then i'll give you the solution, which is damn simple, and will even let you fit another one of those sandwiches in there.

How?
    Use one of these:

[​IMG]

yummy yum yum :thumb:

10. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Mine is WAY smaller.

[​IMG]

Must be genetics.

john

This is my 3rd one - wore out other 2. Bloody handy for mixing powershakes or smoothies

11. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Filling a sandwich with a mushed up other sandwich? It's genius!

12. kenco_uk

'Yo dawg, I herd yo like your sandwiches..' etc, you know the drill.

13. Loom

Loom What's a Dremel?

Hahaha, someone is a bit high strung! Thanks for your solution, you're on the right track now :thumb:

*heading to the kitchen now*

14. Matticus

Matticus ...

Ditto.

Don't suppose you use your for "toast" parties though do you?
    As for sarnies of that thickness maybe you should make a bigger one out of crusty bread to protect them, then you have a full edible lunch and lunchbox

15. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

Easy man! Just find yourself a friendly anvil, ask him nicely to sit on top of your sarnies, give it fifteen or so minutes, and whammo, nicely flattenned sarnies!

In all seriousness, the most logical thing to do is, if you can compress the sandwiches down enough to get a seal on the lunchbox, just pile a couple of big books or similar heavy items on top of it until it stays sealed, and just to be sure, three elastic bands around the middle and both ends.

HTH,

Joe

16. kenco_uk

Why didn't I think of it sooner? It's the simplest solution. Take your sarnies with you and whichever mode of transport you take to work, place your troublesome sandwich box in front of where one of vehicles wheels will travel. Problem solved!

17. Red 5

Red 5 What's a Dremel?

Or... thin sliced bread.

18. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Guys, guys, guys - I fear you are not taking this thread seriously. I have suffered through (and subsequently resolved) a similar dilemma before, so I may be able to help.

Thinking laterally, why don't you just get a bigger lunchbox? Or perhaps thinner sliced bread?

Alternatively if that is not an option, then I think you need to reconsider the logistics and arrangement of your current setup. From your picture I can tell there is still a lot of empty space in the lunchbox. This is no good, as it is an inefficient use of the space you have available to you. As a rough estimate, I would say that the total volume of the lunchbox is equal to or greater than that of the sandwiches, so in theory that there is no reason why they shouldn't fit. I think the only solution would be for you to opt for a more compartmentalised layout and separate out the individual components of the sandwich. Do you have the facilities available at the place of consumption for you to prepare the sandwiches? If so, then here's what I would suggest:

1. Insert the bread first, pre-buttered for convenience as necessary depending on your preference. The bread is the most modular component you have, so logic dictates that this should take priority and the other ingredients will have to fit around that.

2. Then insert the other ingredients (I have only been able to determine fried egg, tomatoes and onions due to the low resolution and general blurriness of the images). You may put them in separate food bags if you wish to help guard against break up and/or disintegration during transit.

3. Prepare sandwiches.

4. Enjoy!

There, problem solved - and no blenders necessary! Although I have to concede that my solution is rather more elaborate and would require more dedication to execute, but it is the only way as I see it to solve the initial problem of closing the lid while ensuring the sandwiches remain in their natural (read: solid) state, without resorting to extensive lunchbox modifications which would increase the size of said lunchbox.

Don't worry - there's no need to thank me, I'm just glad I was able to help :thumb:

500mph likes this.
  19. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

lol i was trying to make the option look unattractive, allthough, i've always wanted to turn a medium rare steak into a smoothie...

Wouldn't that be awesome guys? A MEATSHAKE! What's that you say? A milkshake? Get that pansy stuff out of here, milk is for pussies.

Last edited: 3 May 2009
  20. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

i do not see the problem. you could just carry it with both hand (assuming you're not planning on driving a car, in which case you should hire someone to carry it for you) and keep it nicely horizontal. that way it is not really necessary to close it anyhow.