1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films It took me 10 years...

Discussion in 'General' started by RotoSequence, 13 Jul 2009.

1. unknowngamer

unknowngamer here

The princess bride.

I saw it as a kid in 1988/89

I found it in a bargain bin in 2004

I loved it as a kid, then forgot about about it, found it as grown up, and loved it in a different way.

Very funny and clever film.

A seriously good film TBH, in IMDB top 100 'till a few years when all new films spamed IMDB.

2. Red 5

Red 5 What's a Dremel?

:rock:

I haven't been to the cinema since the re-release of Star Wars and I never rent or buy either, everything I watch is through the TV. Twice in the last year or so ITV has had the Star Wars films on consecutive weekends. Twice I have waited those six weeks to see Episode III. Twice I have been let down. What's the point of showing them in series if you aren't going to finish them? It's doubly annoying as it's stopping me from completing Lego Star Wars.

I almost went to see Cloverfield but kept forgetting. I'm looking forward to that one.

3. Snaek

Snaek What's a Dremel?

I hadn't seen the original Star Wars trilogy until after Episode II came out.

4. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

only saw V for Vendetta last year, good film. But i feel was overhyped

5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

2001: A Space Odyssey.

Truly brilliant film. Watched it twice and I still didn't completely "get" it until I read the books (although the later books seemed to stretch the story just a little too much).

6. Westovski

Westovski What's a Dremel?

You take that back! :eek:

Somehow, i've never yet seen Silence of the Lambs...not entirely sure how i've avoided that for so long.

7. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Good taste?

8. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I used to think that BladeRunner was good, but I'm reading the Philip K Dick book, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, which was imagined into BladeRunner for those who don't know, and the film now disappoints me.

Honestly the best films I've seen in the cinema for years? Harry Potter 3, 4 and 5.

The acting firmed up in 3 and I have high hopes for 6 next week when I go see it! (yeah I know its open this week)

Honorable mentions: The Matrix (although I watched it on Sky Movies HD recently and it wasn't anywhere near as good as I remember, in fact, it was quite limp IMO) and Forrest Gump - this film just doesn't age.

9. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I'm reading Do Androids... now. Blade Runner was a great film, but to me it always had the feel of a sort of schlocky B-movie - fun, but not a masterpiece or anything. It's kinda insubstantial and seems to gravitate around sci-fi, violence and drama rather than the deeper philosophical questions you'd expect to accompany a Phillip K. Dick adaptation.

I only saw 12 Angry Men the other month. Can't believe I'd never heard about it, it's easily one of the best films I've ever seen.

10. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

That is definitely an awesome movie, along with Witness for the Prosecution.

And I think I just got my next book recommendation from this thread :thumb:

11. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

I haven't seen any of the above.

12. willowthewhite

willowthewhite Minimodder

talladega out of those I would recommend shawshank, one of the best films I have seen.

I also have yet to see the godfather trilogy, and bladerunner I have yet to see all the way through, I just find myself getting board, although I found the making of a fantastic watch

13. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Geez, you young people haven't seen anything!

What's next? Never seen Casablanca? The Malthese Falcon? Build My Gallows High? I despair...

14. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

African Queen? Ghost and Mrs. Muir? Jezebel? Cat on a Hot Tin Roof? Postman Rings Twice? Original Psycho? Wuthering Heights? Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte?

Damn Kids stay off my grass!!!!

john

15. roblikesbeer

roblikesbeer Bindi's sex slave.

Ha ha, watched that a few times on DVD at Uni. Not seen it since, so that was 6 or 7 years ago.

The original fims are pretty classic and you should. You might as well watch Episodes II and III as well. There is no Episode I *cough*

I only just saw Blade Runner a couple of months ago - pretty darn good I thought.

Not seen the Godfather trilogy yet either, but they're on my lovefilm list.

:cooldude:

16. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

LOL, I've never heard of those. But I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

17. roblikesbeer

roblikesbeer Bindi's sex slave.

You mean got more wooden? :thumb:

18. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Seen them all.

I need to get a lawn so I can yell at kids to stay off it.

Oh, and when my mobile rings, it makes a ringing noise, damnit!

:jawdrop: Suddenly I feel old...

19. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

I wouldn't, I'm only 24 and i've seen all those. Of course I did also take a film appreciation class in high school with a teacher who knew what he was talking about.

The Seven Samurai, Arsenic and Old Lace, Stalag 17, Bridge on the River Kwai....

All great movies that I havent seen in a few years now, I think my day off is now planned for me.........

20. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I thought about watching the Seven Samurai some day but never got to