1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Eizo Foris FX2431 24in TFT Monitor Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 19 Sep 2009.

1. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

2. IT Troll

IT Troll What's a Dremel?

Isn't your input lag testing method flawed? Your "control" monitor, the 3007WFP-HC, is regarded as having low input lag, however is does have lag and like all LCDs does vary up and down. Typically the input lag of a 3007WFP-HC is given as min 0ms, avg 11.5ms, max 27ms. Therefore saying that the amonitor is 3 or 4ms slower than this isn't very helpful. Please consider re-testing against a CRT so we know what the true input lag is.

3. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

i thought the dell screen was basically lag was the same as an CRT (or worse 1ms), why has no one els made an screen like that dell screen, nice monitor thought

4. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

Bit-tech really has just become an online advertising site for CPC, hasn't it.

5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I find that quite annoying as well. I never read CPC and I never will [is it even sold in Austria?] so please stop referring to articles in the magazine.

On topic:

The monitor doesn't look great but it delivers. Shame about the price.

6. SpeedLegion

SpeedLegion Minimodder

The picture with the numbers on it for time lag doesn't work :S

its missing the g in .jpg

7. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Well seeing as CPC is the sister publication to bit-tech, I don't see what the problem is. Quite a few people do not buy CPC so having the reviews on bit-tech mean they reach more people.

8. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

The problem is that CPC is not sold in Canada or anywhere else than England, nor mildly interested in magazine. If I was interested in magazines and newspapers, I would not get this internet thing. I am a student and I have a budget. Already I do not block any ads on bit-tech website in exchange for quality content, and support the community forum. I am sure that they are other ways to promote a magazine.

Soon reviews will be like:
    Eizo Foris FX2431 24in TFT Monitor Review
    - Intro (see Issue 73, p62)
    - Product (see Issue 73, p62)
    - Issue (see Issue 73, p62)
    - See our score (see Issue 73, p63)
    Thanks you!

I am very angry now! :grr:

Anyway, back to topic.
    I am actually surprised that this monitor has 2 HDMI port and not 1x HDMI and 1x Display Port.

9. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Lol, they're not adverts stupid, they're just letting you know there's a review of a different product related to this one in a different publication (of which the author of this review is also a staff writer).

It's like 3 words in the whole review, not a massive flashing advert. Get over it and save your nitpicking for something that actually matters.

10. SpeedLegion

SpeedLegion Minimodder

+1, although I do think it is advertising :p but who cares :D I might actually go pick up a copy of CPC today to give it a read :p

11. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I don't mind the ad, but I do mind the "UK only"-extras. It's not like they sold CPC here, nor is it like I could ever get lucky with the competitions :( With so many international readers I think I'm not alone with these issues... Would be awesome if there were different versions for UK (b-t.co.uk) and elsewhere .com, but ofcourse that's too much work for the few thousand(?) active foreign readers.

12. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Yeah, good way to kill a worldwide site. I live in brazil, so there's no CPC at a competitive price. If i need to refer to something I can't in every article in BT (thankfully it's not the case) I will at some point stop using BT. Not as a boycott, but the articles will become useless for me.

Back to topic, the monitor can be good, but design wise is as ugly as beating your own mother while she sleeps!

13. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

But every tech site operates this way, so why is bit-tech any different?. Most are US based, but there are others based around Europe as well. This one happens to be based in the UK. The availability of the competitions is at the discretion of the company that it advertising it, and they will know it's UK based so will generally only offer it to UK residents. It saves on postage costs and other issues. The bit-tech staff have no bearing on this so if you want to complain, get on the phone to the relevant companies' PR team.

As you say, going international is a hell of a lot of work, and would require a lot more staff (and readers) than the site currently has.

14. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

When you make product and want it successful, you can't have it identical and all bland then the other one. It must have character, something to distinguish from other. Bit-tech did this. Being a photocopy doesn't help the company... and photocopy quality is never as good as the original.

So you are saying that bit-tech need to kill off a huge amount of viewers just to get a few additional dollars? Which comes down to the same, as less viewers on the site, means less money from the ads.

15. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

Ah, actually that was a mistake and not an intention plug for the mag. We had a bit of rough week and needed to get something online for the weekend, so I nicked a review from the mag. Actually, this review is from the forthcoming issue, so you're getting it earlier than if you'd bought the mag, and for free. Ironic really that it's made people angry, but I can understand those who reacted badly.

Hope that clears things up!

16. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I think we're just a bit angry/confused because we're used to BT being loyal to their community and nobody else. Now it seems they're loyal to their owner's brands first. But we had this discussion often enough already since Dennis acquired BT.
    Let's just say for future reference: You should keep the magazine and BT seperated.

Thanks for clearing it up though. :thumb:

17. thEcat

thEcat What's a Dremel?

To be honest I don't mind the occasional magazine reference but when I see conflicting statements on one issue I start to question all conclusions.

The lag conclusions, yes plural, vs the test result shown are very strange. Leaving aside my disagreement at using a LCD as a zero lag control we have:

and

The former in the text, the latter bellow the 'lag test' picture. Confusing, especially as the 'lag test' picture shows the Eizo not 3ms behind the Dell but a full 26ms behind according to the timer and 2 frames behind according to the counter. 30ish ms isn't bad I suppose but add in a possible 20 odd ms for the Dell and... Sorry, it makes no sense.

As I don't usually view my monitor from a 40 degree angle I find the Lagom 'Viewing angle and gamma test' the most useful. Just take a picture at head heigh and normal viewing distance. In an ideal world all the text should be all but invisible. 'the colours tended to wash out when we moved to around 45 degrees off-centre' is not very helpful.

Anyway, expensive monitor. I'll stick with my year old LP2475w, left to right colour shift and all.

Last edited: 19 Sep 2009
  18. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

Like I said, heavy week... caption is fixed, and I'm going back to bed :(

19. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

I think you tried to update the caption too fafst (sic).

At this rate this is going to be one of those days you regret waking up to, eh?

20. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Thank god for Ebay, That's the only place to grab S-IPS monitors for cheap.

As long as the response time is under 20ms, My eyes are fine.

Tags: Add Tags