1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Impressions

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 2 Nov 2009.

1. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

I both agree and disagree. While on the one hand the melee weapons are a bit stupid, I definitely find this demo more fun than the last one. I can see myself playing l4d2 more than I thought I was going to be. Am definitely liking such a large variety in weapons and enemies. Almost liking the new characters more than the first ones (I know, blasphemy).

Also, campaign has always been crap. I'm playing in observation of introduced mechanics rather than if the jockey has got a good run on me or not. Have a decent boom, a charger going one way, a smoker pulling another, and the jockey going another way again and see how easy that is to deal with. Although you'll probably only get that in vs, obvious AI is obvious. I haven't been boomed once in several play throughs.

2. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

You're saying it's easy, in Expert is starts to be quite tricky, especially the park when a tank comes by, or in the campound part.
    I hate the music as well, except the one in the intro video which is not bad.

The demo itself is good (better than I thought actually overall), I'm having fun with my overpowered machete !

3. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

I wonder if you can import the character textures from L4D into L4D2 so you can play as the same ones from before.

4. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Why? They were just as uninspiring as the new ones.

Luckily it's not a very character-driven game anyway, so that's the last least of my concerns.

5. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

I want zoey back! perhaps in a bikini....
    Or lingerie...
    and blonde...
    and with huge boobs...

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

enjoy

[​IMG]

7. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

On Expert the tank is almost as much of a joke as the rest of the SI, the only parts it was a threat was in the first stage a bit after where the deagle spawns, and on the second is when your walking up the stairs as your entering the park. molly followed by boomer bile pretty much cripples the tank, burning and immobilized. I had to stop, pause for a second and think 'what a damn shame'.

8. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

Haha yeah me and my mate were playing expert with just machetes, someone threw boomer bile and a molly at the tank and we macheteed him to death. Also macheteed the witch to death without being knocked down, which was hilarious and a good time, but you're right, it's a joke. Like I said though, I've always considered campaign to be that way, things should be much more interesting in vs mode (though they may need to rebalance a few things).

9. HourBeforeDawn

because I want Zoey back instead of this 70s looking chick.

10. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

From what i've seen, the mood of the first one does seem to have been lost, as i really loved that B moveish feeling (Not overly serious, but still quite tense)

My biggest concern is that there is no Bill. ;)

11. steleet

steleet Did he death?

I haven't played the demo yet, but I'm still excited for this game. Despite what people are saying about the ease of it. Campaign is fun eventhough it's never really been all that hard. All these new changes should make vrs very interesting.

12. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

First thought I had on that one was Brütal Legend... :D

13. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Minimodder

lol@ gunsmith

14. HourBeforeDawn

someone hasnt watched FLCL =p

15. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Just had a quick blast and the first thing that grabed me (apart from a charger) was the noise the guns make, they feel a little more powerful, especially the pistol. Part from that it feels like more of the same tbh, not that that is necessarily a bad thing.

16. El Rando

El Rando I know what a dremel is

Tried out the demo and I have to admit I'm not as impressed as I thought I would be. I'll still buy it but I now understand this whole boycott thing that went on when it was announced. I do like the new stuff like the awesome new weapons and infected but It's just left for dead with sun and new characters. Even the music is the same in some ways. Only thing the changed there was stick a banjo over the top to give it a more "authentic" feel to it. The new music that has been put it seems a little rushed. It doesn't grab me the way the first one did.
    Don't get me wrong I enjoy the game, but I don't see the point in it. Maybe I'll change my mind when I get the whole thing.

17. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

Just got it myself. Loving it. Course I just went through standard like with no melee, so I cant really say about that. Yes it is much like the last, but that is definitely no bad thing in my book. It was quite scary when the charger barely missed me and took out coach.

I know what game im getting this month :D

18. alecamused

alecamused Minimodder

Generally i prefer single player games but tried the demo today and had quite some fun. Actually enough fun that i might consider buying it, but i don't know if it's worth the 40€. How much playing time is there supposed to be (how many levels will a campain consist of)?

19. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Five levels per campaign, plus five campaigns. Also there's the Versus mode, the new Scavenge and Realistic modes (which recycle some content, but are different) and Last Stand Mode too. Plus; mods!

20. alecamused

alecamused Minimodder

Thanks for the heads up. Kind of tempted now.. :)

Tags: Add Tags