Other MW2 Single Player

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Guest-23315, 8 Nov 2009.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I don't want the winge that comes with a MP discussion, as I know where we all stand.

Anyway, I've been watching the campaign on youtube here and I'm gonna say, I've just re-orderd the game. The plot.. the plot twists, the guns, the fluid gameplay, everything......

Suffice to say, no matter how much they have ****ed up the muliplayer side of things, it looks like ONE HELL of a single player game at least.

:thumb:

IW, I now sort of love but still hate you.

2. hugo60

hugo60 What's a Dremel?

Why would you want to watch the whole campaign before playing it through yourself, doesn't that ruin it for you.

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

No, if anything its made me want to buy it even more.

4. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Is it going to be longer than 4 hours this time around?

5. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

I hope so. $60 for 4-6 hours isn't a good deal.

@Activision: PC games shouldn't cost the same as console games. The shouldn't be any more than $45-50.

6. Squallers

Squallers Meat Puppet

I'm not sure why you'd want to watch the full campaign but i watched the first vid just of the training bit.

Are they going to use the super noob snap to headshot auto aim in the PC version as well? It's all well and good for those crippled with analogue sticks but i'd like to think that it was my own hand eye coordination that blew the targets head off not that i got my crosshair near them and the game did the rest

7. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

A plot with twists in a tube-runner? Are you sure you're ok? You don't feel fewerish or anything?

I find that very, very hard to believe... Fluid gameplay may exist, I'll give you that. Too bad I just don't give a **** about the SP for as long as it doesn't teleport whores into my room. (-Yahtzee)

8. hugo60

hugo60 What's a Dremel?

What are you on about? Are you saying that just because you are directed through the story, the plot can't be interesting? What about films, no matter how many times you watch a film it's not going to change :S doesn't mean it can't be good. I assume that's what you are getting at, if not, sorry i'm tired.

will. likes this.
  9. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Like Hugo mentioned, just because the story is linear that doesn't make a plot twist impossible... In fact, having a plot at all is something that more linear games can actually pull off. A good plot needs timing, something a more open world game can never accomplish without forcing the player through sequences of events in a predefined order...

That said, cinematic set-pieces shouldn't be confused with storyline...

I'm still not buying this for asking price though until I know how long the SP is (what it says on the box doesn't count...), I never play MP for more than a few weeks as I get bored of the other people...

10. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

We have a winner!

I won't buy it until it gets cheaper. And when I can get a new GPU, CPU cooler and a NEC S/H-IPS monitor.

In other words, most likely never.

11. October

October Mariachi Style

Four hours for a SP campaign is a joke...they sell it based on the merits of the MP and then stri...but I digress :worried:

TBH I've always thought the SP looked like a blast, all they have to do is marginally improve on the last game for that. Still I rarely pay full price for even epically long games (Stalker @ £3.50, :rock:) so this will need some major Steam saleage before I throw any cash at it. Or maybe the boycott will leave massive oversupplies of the PC version so retailers will be crying out for a fiver or two :lol:

12. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I played through the single player campaign today with a friend who received his copy early for the 360.

Overall it had a very cinematic feel, which is helped by the excellent score, but from start to finish it felt almost like a carbon copy of MW1, just with a different storyline. The level of polish has certainly increased and there is one or two stand-out moments where you're on your edge of your seat with your jaw wide open, but I would still feel disappointed if I bought it just on the basis of the single player.

That said, I'm reasonably impressed but whether I buy it still hinges on the multiplayer experience. I'll have to wait for Mr. Butler's adjudication and the views from the rest of the bit-tech crew (those that buy it for the PC, anyway) before I make up my mind, so get to it!

13. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

After seeing some videos i noticed something really bad... WHERE THE HELL IS THE LEAN FUNCTION?

14. Jeevus

Jeevus Minimodder

Played just over an hour on PC so far and I have to agree that it looks like a polished continuation of MW1. In my opinion, it still gave me the same rush as the first time I played the first one and I am loving the new guns!

Personally I don't think I wasted £30.

15. October

October Mariachi Style

Don't think I've ever used lean in a CoD...

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

[​IMG]

17. benjamyn

benjamyn What's a Dremel?

You're watching through the campaign on youtube? Erm okay... :confused:

Anyway im a few levels into this on the xbox 360 version and absolutely loving it :D Only played one level of spec ops on my own but it seems like it's gonna give me alot of replayability seeing as i can't play online multiplayer until christmas time (dont get xbox live in my flat, but do at home)

18. Jipa

Just got my copy today. Just so happened to be ill. Played the whole SP and dang did it suck... Not trying the MP and it just makes my heart cry blood.

19. Slizza

Slizza beautiful to demons

Been playing the single player on pc today.
    It's pretty good so far.
    I was shocked at the airport shenanagins...What were they thinking????

20. Jipa

Dunno I wonder the exact same thing. Civilian massacres and genocides are the kind of stuff you just shouldn't make entertainment of. What's next, a school shooting game? It just doesn't really seem to serve any purpose...

And overall it was exactly the tube-runner I expected. Just with an added twist of too many crappy movie cliches (cliffhangers, near-death experiences, anyone?). A couple of nice parts here and there.

Also screen on blood 90% of the time, so you can't see ****. ARGH. Not going to get 9/10 out of me.