1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Asus XONAR D1, UPDATED topic! Fao Goodbytes

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Ravenheart, 10 May 2010.

1. Ravenheart

Ravenheart What's a Dremel?

So the sound heard when booting up/starting windows/shutting down for me is just the popping noise others have mentioned, but are you saying the big static sound is what you'd here if you had crappy onboard sound?

I mean I have my pc volume at max and don't here any big static noises, and I only have to have my 5.1 speakers at a very low volume (just above minimum!) for them to be VERY loud, their the kind of speakers connected to the bass unit where you only have to tickle the volume knob for the sound to go very loud lol.

The bass unit i'm using is a AGK Nordic with 5 Bush Speakers plugged into that and I can tell you the sound is immense and I mean really good!

Will try and get a picture up of one of the front speakers later on with a pic of the sub.

EDIT: Pics added

1) One of the speakers

[​IMG]

2) The sub front

[​IMG]

3) The sub back (sorry couldn't get a better picture than this)

[​IMG]

Last edited: 11 May 2010
  2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

On board sound cards doesn't have anything fancy. it's the bare minimum for you to have sound. So you have no sound processing unit, no filtering, no pre-amp features (everything is under software emulation.. or almost depending on the on board sound card). They also catch a lot of the system interferences.
    If you hear static, it could be your on board sound card. Make sure that it's disabled in your BIOS, and that Windows is unable to detect it in the device manager. If it able to detect it, despite being disabled, than lower every volume for playback and record to lowest AND mute them. Set the default recording to something else than Mic (like Stereo Mix (a.k.a: what you hear), or some digital device, even if you don't have one.) This should help.

Well that is because they are connected to your dedicated sound card (Xonar) and not on board sound card.

On board sound card means the sound chip that is on your motherboard.
    Your Xonar is what is call a dedicated sound card.

Nice sound system! :)

3. Ravenheart

Ravenheart What's a Dremel?

Sorry for the confusion Goodbytes,

I wasn't asking about a static noise I can hear, I was asking about the BIG static sound in general, as in would the big static sound only be heard if you had crappy onboard sound.

I don't hear any big static sounds at all, and I disabled the onboard audio in the bios the minute I installed my new sound card into my pc :)

Oh and thanks :D

4. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Yes.
    Here is demonstration (Onboard vs X-Fi*)
    http://www.helpweaver.com/sound/sound cards.html

* Recording and assembled in 320kps 48KHz MP3's using Steinberg WaveLab
    Flash sound limitation compresses a lot of the sound making the X-Fi degrade sound.
    You must disable any sound effects form your dedicated sound card as else you'll have the work of my X-Fi plus your Xonar.. making the track sound even crappier than this compression.
    The actual goal of this, is to notice the difference percentage wise between onBoard and dedicated sound card. ie: If you can't hear any difference, don't get a dedicated sound card.
    Of course, the onboard sound card is the one form my motherboard (ASUS A8N32-SLI *Deluxe*).

5. varkanoid

varkanoid Professional Dribbler

it does help having a modular PSU tho !! :eek:

OP PSU isnt. Although there is still a lot you can do.